Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tough loss

danlhart87

4 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Ah, come on, Man. I  get your point, but I just don't see how Rivers is to blame more than anyone else. We DID improve this year by what like 4 wins? Multiple miscues most is this game today. Rivers had some had throws, yes. But Pittman had the TD drop, Turay turned what would have been 3pts from the Bills into 7. Hines had a drop on the final drive and Blankship missed a FG. It was a team effort that got is close to winning but unfortunately it was also a team loss today. 

I get the notion that if Rivers is gone we are now drafting higher and have nothing to show, but this is truly a game of inches, make those plays and we win.

That wasn't a drop by Pittman...it was a bad throw by Rivers....

Rivers really made me proud today in how well he dished that ball, how quickly he was reading and reacting and keeping this team in that game.  It was a heck of a last game for him if that is what we just saw and best of luck to him and family in retirement.

I'm down about losing but expected a loss in this matchup.  Allen is just so good that you need to be able to scramble drill against him in your secondary or he'll extend plays and squeeze extra points and that's hard to overcome.  Colts played them to the hilt nothing to be but proud even in the loss.

1 hour ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

You vastly underestimate what Rivers brings to the team.

Leadership, experience. What am I missing. Again I like him. I just believe this offense could be way more explosive with a more mobile QB and a better arm.

He holds this offense back a bit.

5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Leadership, experience. What am I missing. Again I like him. I just believe this offense could be way more explosive with a more mobile QB and a better arm.

He holds this offense back a bit.

His pre-snap reads, getting guys lined up correctly, finding the mismatches, and throwing the ball with incredible anticipation.

You may bring in a guy who is better athletically, but the trade-off for the things you lose from Rivers may not be worth it, unless you luck into a generational talent that has everything.

My point is that many think Rivers held this offense back, but it's very possible that he actually made them better in ways that you can't see from watching games on tv.  Wasn't this the 3rd highest scoring Colts team in history?

And again, Rivers matched Josh Allen today, despite not having his physical tools or Diggs.  The difference in the score was due to Bass making his kicks and Blankenship not (and Reich deciding not to kick).

I think we outplayed the bills today but somehow managed to lose(where have we heard that before). I've been saying it all year this team is solid, I wouldn't trade this roster for any other in the entire league. 470 yards today, wow, double wow! And with todays loss it brings up an interesting fact from a historical stand point. In the last 48 years of Colt football there has only been one qb who won his first playoff start as a Colt. The answer, Jim Harbaugh when he beat San Diego in '95. Bert Jones lost his only 3, Trudeau 0-1, Peyton lost his first 3, Luck lost his first one, and now Rivers loses his first. Oh well, on to next season, I see another 12-14 win season on the horizon. Go Colts!!!!

I don’t wanna hear any moral victory nonsense. There is no participation trophy in the NFL. We made mistakes Reich made mistakes and we lost a game. If our coach doesn’t learn from his mistakes this next year could be his last one in Indy. I will always be a Colts fan but that gives me the right to say when they play terribly. This game was ripe to win. We have the ball on our own 15 with two minutes and 30 seconds left and couldn’t get in the field-goal range. Blame that on an aging quarterback that has a limited number of throws

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I don’t wanna hear any moral victory nonsense. There is no participation trophy in the NFL. We made mistakes Reich made mistakes and we lost a game. If our coach doesn’t learn from his mistakes this next year could be his last one in Indy. I will always be a Colts fan but that gives me the right to say when they play terribly. This game was ripe to win. We have the ball on our own 15 with two minutes and 30 seconds left and couldn’t get in the field-goal range. Blame that on an aging quarterback that has a limited number of throws

That you wouldn’t have been in the game without the throws he made today to bring them back.  The Colts made a lot of mistakes today and it’s very fair to talk about those and point out what could have been done better.  However, Rivers was not one of the issues.  He played very well and was the main reason they were in the game.  

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That you wouldn’t have been in the game without the throws he made today to bring them back.  The Colts made a lot of mistakes today and it’s very fair to talk about those and point out what could have been done better.  However, Rivers was not one of the issues.  He played very well and was the main reason they were in the game.  

470 yards of offense, 2 penalties and 53% 3rd down conversion rate. Not a terrible day.

The missed field goal? It was similar to the one for Tennessee that went in. A game of inches....

8 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

True. But Elway was 37, maybe a better example. 

Slightly better example, but Elway had already made 3 SBs at that point, so the possibility of him winning one was somewhat likely. He was proven to get there at least. Rivers has never gotten there, and he is past his prime now (although still a good QB). We also have a ridiculously hard AFC conference to deal with.

Disclaimer; I'm a Bills' fan

Just wanted to come bye and tip my hat to your football team.  They played a great game and I thought they were going to pull it out.  Frank Reich had a great game plan and the team executed it well.  Of course we all love Frank Reich here in Buffalo.

On the Bills' fan message board, twobillsdrive.com, it's pretty unanimous that we are just glad we escaped with the win.  Congrats on a great season, I know how down you might be feeling at the end of a season following a tough loss (I'm a Bills' fan after all) but it looks like Indy is on the rise with Reich there.  

You guys have much respect from Bills' Mafia.

18 minutes ago, Inigo_Montoya said:

Disclaimer; I'm a Bills' fan

Just wanted to come bye and tip my hat to your football team.  They played a great game and I thought they were going to pull it out.  Frank Reich had a great game plan and the team executed it well.  Of course we all love Frank Reich here in Buffalo.

On the Bills' fan message board, twobillsdrive.com, it's pretty unanimous that we are just glad we escaped with the win.  Congrats on a great season, I know how down you might be feeling at the end of a season following a tough loss (I'm a Bills' fan after all) but it looks like Indy is on the rise with Reich there.  

You guys have much respect from Bills' Mafia.

Will be rooting for bills who I did predict to come out of the afc ,and the only real team in New York 

11 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

That wasn't a drop by Pittman...it was a bad throw by Rivers....

Both of Pittmans drops were bad throws by Rivers. The TD should have been routine. Pittman laid him self out to full extension and barely got his fingers on it. Phil also threw one well behind him when he was open. Pittman was great yesterday. So was Rodgers that dude may be a starter they way he was playing yesterday.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He missed Pittman twice in crucial situations. Rivers was very good and wouldn't blame him alone. A few key players made mistakes. I blame the coach more than anyone.

I know, let's try to acquire Russell Wilson and his humungous contract from seattle after all he just had a tremendous game against Wolford and Goff in the seahawks loss to the rams hahahahaha. You see people, only one team can win, you need breaks to win in professional sports the teams are very evenly matched. Why isn't anyone blaming the 3 Colts who had a great chance to recover that fumble that would have given us the ball at the buffalo 40 yardline??????????????? Reich, Rivers,Taylor, the team had a great season, butjust like every season but one in the last 48 years it ended too soon. At least we have another great season to look forward to with this strong solid core of players we have. Go Colts!!

Archived