Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Colts games have you been to

danlhart87

• danlhart87 changed the title to What Colts games have you been to

1. Colts vs Cheifs- playoff game the year colts won the SB. 

2. Colts vs Dolphins- I believe it was Luck and TYs rookie year. Luck tosses one down to TY in double coverage and he makes a huge play!

3. Colts vs Broncos- Peyton's first time back in Indy. I was near the end zone where Mathis sacked Peyton. 

There have been a few more but those are the ones that stick out. 

I have been very blessed. My family had season tickets for the Titans sonce

they came to Tennessee. I attended a lot of Colts vs Titans games in the past. Some of the big ones that I remember are:

I got to go there the game in 2003 where Marvin’s grabbed the amazing one handed catch. 

I was at Peytons first game back in Tennessee. 

Finally, after my family stopped going to games, our company took over the tickets. I was able to continue to attend the games. 

I was at the game in 2019 that Jacoby lead the comeback win. FYI, it was the hottest game in the history of Nissan stadium. At one point reach 100+ degrees on the field. 

Finally the biggest most recent game was in 2018. I got to witness the winner take all, week 17 game and coincidentally enough, one of Lucks final games.

Very blessed!!!!

1989 vs. 49ers (Don't remember it, I was just 1)

1992 vs. Jets

1994 vs. Seahawks 

1995 AFC Championship... :pcsmash:

1999 vs. Bengals (My dad, the unwavering Bengals fan loves these games.)

2003 vs. Jags

2005 vs. Rams

2006 AFC Championship :rock:

2008 vs. Bengals (Again, we definitely rooted for the Colts)

2009 vs. Jets (So many memories from this game... the anger from Manning and the starters being pulled and realizing our chance of going 16-0 was gone. And it was the last time I went to a Colts game with my friend who recently passed away from cancer.)

2010 AFC Wildcard... and Manning's final game as a Colt. :corner:

2012 vs. Vikings

2013 vs. Broncos (such a powerful and emotional night)

2013 vs. Jags

2013 AFC Wildcard (Best game I'd seen since the 2006 championship)

2014 vs. Bengals

2014 AFC Wildcard

2015 vs. Broncos

And that's it. Looking at it now, I can't believe it's been over 5 years since I went to a game...

My first game was a preseason game in 2007 vs the Eagles. 

My last game was in 2011 vs the Browns... 

I was so looking forward to watching Peyton play live for the first time in my life. Unfortunately he was out for the year. 

After that I kind of realized how much more I enjoyed the food, the couch, and the TV compared to seats in LOS where food costs are high and im watching the jumbo screen for info anyways. 

2013 Colts@chiefs (literally front row behind colts bench) 
2017 broncos@colts tnf

2018 titans@colts (luck bomb to T.Y. one last time)

2019 texans@colts (jacoby threw the 4Tds and Leonard had his int and stiff armed Kenny stills

hoping covid doesn’t stop me this year still haven’t figured out a game to go to. 

btw I am from South Dakota and make this drive almost every year.. worth it!! 

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

1. Colts vs Cheifs- playoff game the year colts won the SB. 

2. Colts vs Dolphins- I believe it was Luck and TYs rookie year. Luck tosses one down to TY in double coverage and he makes a huge play!

3. Colts vs Broncos- Peyton's first time back in Indy. I was near the end zone where Mathis sacked Peyton. 

There have been a few more but those are the ones that stick out. 

I was at #3.  Section 101 for that one.  Probably my most meaningful game.

I was at Peyton's first 400yd performance in San Diego in '99 (lived in Arizona at the time, thus the name) and then came home for Peyton's first home playoff game in '99 when they lost a close one to Eddie George and the Titans.

Those are probably the most memorable.  REALLY wish I could have been at the Colts-Pats playoff game.  My favorite game to date.

2005 - Colts vs Steelers (26-7 Colts win on MNF, first play 80 yard bomb to Marvin Harrison)

2006 - Colts vs Jaguars (21-14 Colts win, I was screaming for a boot leg from the stands before Peyton did a QB TD run and my co-worker said "good call")

2012 - Colts vs Vikings (23-20 Colts win, those were the tickets I won on this forum)

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Texans 2017 

That long TY Hilton TD I was in that corner endzone about 20 seats up

3 years ago today 

Oh lets see, the 2014 Bengals Playoff game.

Every home game of the 2005 and 2006 Season.  Including THE, THE THE BEST GAME EVER, THE 2006 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

My wife and I have been very blessed to have attended many Colts road games back in the day.  We've since had kids later in life and that travel has stopped.  See if you can tell when our daughter came to us.  We do still have season tickets.

2003 Season 

* At Chiefs Playoff game

* At Pats Playoff game

* Colts at Titans

* Colts at Pats playoff

* At San Francisco 

* At Tennessee

* At Tennessee

* At Chiefs playoff

* At Pats Playoff

* At Super Bowl

* At Tenn

* At San Diego

* At Carolina

* At Atlanta on Thanksgiving night

* At Green Bay

* At Tenn

* At Arizona

* At both home playoff games

* At Super Bowl

* At NYJ playoff loss (Peyton last game as a Colt)

* At Tenn (awful team and awful game)

* At Tenn ( the Vick Ballard game)

* At Chiefs Playoff game

September 21, 2014 in Jacksonville and was the 0-2 Colts first win of the season. The final score was Indianapolis Colts 44  vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 17

Colts Jumped out to a big lead in the first half ( 30 - 0 ).  Chad Henne was benched and rookie Blake Bortles made his debut in the second half and played the Colts to a near stalemate the rest of the game ( 14 - 17 ) to reach the final tally. 

My wife and I stayed on the River the night before and met other Colts fans for food and spirits at the Jax landing across the river. View from our hotel room of downtown/Landing and Everbank (at the time) field up the river-

lMSQPRV.jpg

g2vgY7T.jpg

Water taxi to the Landing-

7P3DD9c.jpg9nrZowW.jpg

Next day, water taxi to the stadium dock on the river to watch the game! We had very good seats!!

1HLnSJs.jpg

It was very hot and sunny that day, but the win was quite cool. :)

UE4oarQ.png

One of my favorite games was against Jax in Indy.  They were competitive.  There was an obnoxious Jags fan in back of us, constantly yelling.  When I turned around to look at him he said, "That's right, get used to it.  You're going to hear it all game!"  I just laughed.

At the end, when Peyton was kneeling I said "Hey All Game - that's called the Victory Formation!  I'm sure you're used to seeing us in it by now."  He just put his head down and walked out.

I have been to several in the RCA Dome and in LOS, but here are the most memorable.

December 18, 2005 - the Colts entered the game with a 13-0 record.  A co-worker was given 4 tickets to a Suite in the end zone area of the RCA Dome, so he asked me and 2 others to attend the game.  The Suite was sweet!  LOL  Lots of food and beverages (free) and we also got a parking pass.  The Colts played the San Diego Chargers who were quarterbacked that day by Purdue product Drew Brees.  The Chargers stopped our unbeaten season with a 26-17 win over the Colts.

September 19, 2010 - the day after my wedding, it was the Manning Bowl 2 as the Giants visited LOS.  My wife and I were given tickets as a wedding gift.  My wife is from upstate New York and a Giants fan, so this one was very special!!!  Peyton and the Colts dominated with a 38-14 win!

October 8, 2017 - I had won 2 tickets from the Forum and was excited to learn that this was the game where Peyton Manning would be added to the Ring of Honor.  My son and I got to the stadium early to go see the statue that had been dedicated the day before and when we got close to that end of the stadium, there was a huge crowd gathered around the statue...because Peyton Manning was standing at the base of the statue signing autographs and posing for photos.  We didn't get to him before he left, but got within 15 yards or so of him.  The Colts defeated the 49ers in Overtime that day, but the real highlight was the halftime Ring of Honor ceremony with Peyton and a lot of his teammates from his years in Indy.

My favorite game I’ve been to was Rams at Colts when Peyton and Marvin broke the TD record. 

I’ve also been to:

Titans/Colts 2004

Browns/Colts 2005

Giants/Colts 2006 SNF

Bills/Colts 2006

Seahawks/Colts 2009 

Colts/Titans 2015

Going to games slowed down after Peyton left and my work schedule was miserable for a while. 

3 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

3. Colts vs Broncos- Peyton's first time back in Indy. I was near the end zone where Mathis sacked Peyton

I was in the north 400 section Where the Bud Light Zone is for that game... and it felt like we were going to crash into the lower section. The stands were legit moving up and down under our feet due to so many jumping up and down and so much noise... Such a wild experience. I just wish Talib wouldn’t have pulled a captain insano So Peyton would have had a chance to break the record to close the game out. Looking back, I wish that would have happened, even if it meant losing the game.

Never made it to any games at the RCA Dome. Wish I would have. Been to quite a few games at Lucas Oil. Seen Peyton play a few games before getting injured. Then ultimately went to the game where we had 3 different QBs in the same game? Kerry Collins, Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter. lol

One of my favorite games was Luck's rookie year against Green Bay at home. Seeing Reggie Wayne with the orange gloves and racking up 211 yards receiving. That was awesome to see. 

I was there when Colby Fleener was wide open down field against the Redskins and he dropped the ball. LOL

Those are probably the more memorable ones.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

September 21, 2014 in Jacksonville and was the 0-2 Colts first win of the season. The final score was Indianapolis Colts 44  vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 17

Colts Jumped out to a big lead in the first half ( 30 - 0 ).  Chad Henne was benched and rookie Blake Bortles made his debut in the second half and played the Colts to a near stalemate the rest of the game ( 14 - 17 ) to reach the final tally.  My wife and I stayed on the River the night before and met other Colts fans for food and spirits at the Jax landing across the river. View from room of downtown/Landing and Everbank (at the time) field up the river-

lMSQPRV.jpg

g2vgY7T.jpg

7P3DD9c.jpg9nrZowW.jpg

Next day, water taxi to the stadium dock on the river to watch the game! We had very good seats!!

1HLnSJs.jpg

UE4oarQ.png

My take away???  With the last picture, you clearly outkicked your coverage.  :funny:

I forgot about one from long ago, October 16, 1988 at the Hoosier Dome (it was a loud place!) when I lived in Fishers. I don't remember much about it. Just that Chris Chandler was QB, Dickerson the RB, WR Billy Brooks, and CB Eugene Daniel.  Oh yeah, and Clarence Verdin.

My memory is faded because I remember watching the home game on TV a couple weeks later on Halloween where everyone had Dan Dierdorf masks (also some Frank Gifford and Al Michaels) and the Colts thrashed the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

Those are the only two Colts game I saw in person.

The best one I went to was at Tennessee Luck's last season.  Mack ran wild and we kicked their *.  My redneck brother almost started a fight with a couple Tennessee rednecks.  It was a ot of fun.  Started pouring down rain as we walked back the Nashville across the footbridge and Colts fans were taunting them. 

Awesome gourmet taco joint in downtown Nashville half block after the footbridge.

Memorable games for me: 

02 Jags - Only because it was my first time to go to a Colts game in Indy and the RCA Dome.

06, when the Skins basically paved the way for Manning to leave Indy.  That's when he got his neck injury, and they didn't even call a penalty on the play.  So many great Manning games, that they blur.  

08, Marvin's last game.  It put a lump in my throat when he left the field at the end.

Colts Jets 2009.  Never heard the fans booing like that in Indy.  

Colts Houston 2011.  Worst Colts team in years, but still beat the Texans in a game they really needed.

Luck's rookie year at Tenn, Ballard corkscrewing into the endzone to win the game in OT.

Luck at Tennessee on a Thursday night.  We stayed for the after game interviews and were on camera.

So many more.  My buddy's and I get together for a game every year (except this year).  I'm the only Colts fan of the group, but it's one of my favorite weekends of the year.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

My take away???  With the last picture, you clearly outkicked your coverage.  :funny:

But still made the open field tackle!  :td:

I know, but to this day she denies it.  ?!?!?

Also, the Jags fans in Jax were very kind to us, and we were not obnoxious but did cheer Luck and the Colts.

28 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Memorable games for me: 

02 Jags - Only because it was my first time to go to a Colts game in Indy and the RCA Dome.

06, when the Skins basically paved the way for Manning to leave Indy.  That's when he got his neck injury, and they didn't even call a penalty on the play.  So many great Manning games, that they blur.  

08, Marvin's last game.  It put a lump in my throat when he left the field at the end.

Colts Jets 2009.  Never heard the fans booing like that in Indy.  

Colts Houston 2011.  Worst Colts team in years, but still beat the Texans in a game they really needed.

Luck's rookie year at Tenn, Ballard corkscrewing into the endzone to win the game in OT.

Luck at Tennessee on a Thursday night.  We stayed for the after game interviews and were on camera.

So many more.  My buddy's and I get together for a game every year (except this year).  I'm the only Colts fan of the group, but it's one of my favorite weekends of the year.

We have the coolest GM ever!

The Office Lol GIF

I’ve only been to 2 NFL games..... and one of them was the Giants / Broncos Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl. 

The other one was a 1991 preseason Colts - Eagles game at the old Vet in Philthadelphia.... a stinking, festering cesspool of a stadium if there ever was one... with lousy food.... and of course, Eagles fans... whose conduct and language would make Lisa Lampanelli blush.

But I DO have a trip to Indy for a Colts game on my bucket list! :thmup:

Since 2009 I've been to at least 3 Colts games every year my goal is to see the Colts play in every stadium. I am now up to 20 stadiums. Was supposed to knock Chicago off my list this year but stupid Covid ruined that. Here are my most memorable games some good some bad.

Best Games

Colts @ Lions 2012 - Motorcity miracle I believe they were down like 17 with only 4 minutes left. Scored the winning TD on the last play of the game

Broncos @ Colts 2013 - Peyton Manning first game back was a great game minus the Reggie Wayne injury

Colts @ Panthers 2015 - This was a great game in the pouring rain never been that soaked in my entire life. Luck almost pulled off an amazing comeback but came up short in overtime. This Panthers team went on to go to the Superbowl

Colts @ Jaguars(London) 2016 - The game itself wasn't amazing but just going to London for the game and meeting some players on the Saturday was really special

Colts @ Packers 2016 - Colts were big underdogs in this game and ended up pulling off the win 31 - 26. Lambeau field was a really cool experience big group of us rented a house right by the stadium and they were all Packer fans pretty much so was a satisfying victory.

Colts @ Vikings 2016 - Wasn't a great game Colts destroyed them 34 - 6 but was a really cool trip for me got to spend Christmas with some of my American family in Minnesota. 

Bad Games

Jets @ Colts 2009 - Was my first ever game and who could forget when Indy pulled all their starters. Definitely thought I was a  jinx.

Colts @ Saints 2011 - Curtis Painter at QB lost 62 - 7 what more can I say lol

Colts @ New England 2012 - Colts got beat pretty bad in this one 59 - 24

Colts @ Cardinals 2013 - This was a really ugly game almost as bad as the Colts vs Saints game lost 40 - 11

Colts @ Cowboys 2014 - Colts sat a bunch of players and got destroyed by the Cowboys 42 - 7

Colts @ Jaguars 2015 - Colts got destroyed by the Jags in this one first game ever that I actually left early

I have went to quite a few Colt games over the yeas but the one who stood out the most was in 1995 in Pittsburgh.

The AFC championship game was a great game regardless that we lost.

I was treated very well as a guest of the steel workers of Jones and Laughlin Aliquippa Steel Works. 

I hauled steel out of Aliquippa for many yeas and befriended a few guys from the day crew. My hard hat was white with a blue horseshoe on it and those guys gave me hell. Those guys were some of the best dudes I ever met over the 25 years of driving a large car. (semi truck) 

Most of guys agreed the Colts should have won the game too. 

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Colts Jumped out to a big lead in the first half ( 30 - 0 ).  Chad Henne was benched and rookie Blake Bortles made his debut in the second half and played the Colts to a near stalemate the rest of the game ( 14 - 17 ) to reach the final tally. 

My wife and I stayed on the River the night before and met other Colts fans for food and spirits at the Jax landing across the river. View from our hotel room of downtown/Landing and Everbank (at the time) field up the river-

lMSQPRV.jpg

g2vgY7T.jpg

7P3DD9c.jpg9nrZowW.jpg

1HLnSJs.jpg

UE4oarQ.png

I think I remember this game.  Didn't Greg Toler get a pick 6 off Bortles?

5 hours ago, jskinnz said:

My wife and I have been very blessed to have attended many Colts road games back in the day.  We've since had kids later in life and that travel has stopped.  See if you can tell when our daughter came to us.  We do still have season tickets.

2003 Season 

* At Chiefs Playoff game

* At Pats Playoff game

* Colts at Titans

* Colts at Pats playoff

* At San Francisco 

* At Tennessee

* At Tennessee

* At Chiefs playoff

* At Pats Playoff

* At Super Bowl

* At Tenn

* At San Diego

* At Carolina

* At Atlanta on Thanksgiving night

* At Green Bay

* At Tenn

* At Arizona

* At both home playoff games

* At Super Bowl

* At NYJ playoff loss (Peyton last game as a Colt)

* At Tenn (awful team and awful game)

* At Tenn ( the Vick Ballard game)

* At Chiefs Playoff game

2013 - Seattle!! You bought me a beer!

I've only been to 2 Colts home games and both times they lost. I went to last years game vs the Dolphins and then a couple years back when Luck was hurt Hasselbeck got hurt, and clipboard Jesus came in at some point. 

I've been to several away games. When I lived in AZ I saw them play the Cardinals a couple times. Moved to San Diego and saw a couple of those games before SD moved. Then been to a LAC game vs the Colts. 

1997  Got free tickets to Colts/ Bengals.  Kelly Holcomb is the only healthy Qb, breaks his hand during the game, still plays, and throws 3 picks. That loss helped us to hold on to the number one pick in the 98 draft

1998       Was at the home game Vs Ryan Leaf, and the Chargers. Peyton's first victory as a colt?

99       The Refs love Dan Marino game. Painful no fumble, incomplete pass ruling in our own house. Resulted in a 3 point loss.

2000   Sat behind some guys from Detroit who were drunk, and cocky trash talkers.

They were drunker but humbled when they left. 

2001  Sunday night loss to Raiders.

Home opener win Vs Denver, rescheduled and played 1/6/02 due to 911. 

It snowed a ton, but we still tailgated. We were the only people on our lot and fed some guys from Q95 food and beer. They gave us a couple dozen lottery tickets.

2003   Willie McG's fake injury game loss to the Pats. Loved how he healed enough to help stuff Edge, and run up the field in celebration, after suddenly falling to the turf, and asking to have his leg amputated, a play or two earlier.

Home playoff game Vs Broncos. Totally dominated em.

At least 3 a year afterwards until LOS was built, and single game tix got scarce.

Last game was 2018 Vs Giants 1 point victory sealed by Hooker interception.

Feel lucky to have attended as many as I have.

21 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I think I remember this game.  Didn't Greg Toler get a pick 6 off Bortles?

Hmmm, I remember Bortles consistently escaping the pursuit of Bjoern Werner... ah yes, now I remember

You need to watch this on the Youtube channel, not as a link here.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I forgot about one from long ago, October 16, 1988 at the Hoosier Dome (it was a loud place!) when I lived in Fishers. I don't remember much about it. Just that Chris Chandler was QB, Dickerson the RB, WR Billy Brooks, and CB Eugene Daniel.  Oh yeah, and Clarence Verdin.

My memory is faded because I remember watching the home game on TV a couple weeks later on Halloween where everyone had Dan Dierdorf masks (also some Frank Gifford and Al Michaels) and the Colts thrashed the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

Those are the only two Colts game I saw in person.

Memory is really faded.  I thought I had seen a pre-season game earlier that year in 1988, but it turns out I also saw game 1 vs. the Houston Oilers.  my wife ran across a box of old photos of mine and these were uncovered (faded as well!)

7cUrGN9.jpg

gtzXifd.jpg

First game was 1972 Bills at Colts (Unitas last TD pass as a Colt. OJ Simpson RB for Buffalo)

Also, Raiders-Colts 1973, Colts-Patriots 1976, Colts-Cowboys 1981.

Attended two games at RCA Dome and I've attended one game every year in Indianapolis since 2011 (making 10.5 hour drive from Virginia). Streak will end this year. 

Away games include 4 trips to Jacksonville plus road games in Atlanta, Washington, Carolina and Tennessee.  

Archived