Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread, October 11, 2020, 4:25pm

NFLfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL. You forget you're on fan board in a game day thread. People react during the game. Then they go back to normal life when it's over lol. 

I elbow everyone sitting next to me when I’m tense and impulsively cuss at players that miss assignments or tackles or INTs because I’m a mad fan. Nothing more, nothing less.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Remember.  Buckner was the key to this D making it to the next level. Hmmmmm....interesting.  I never bought into the D and I will not buy into this scheme.

I think it's a combo of things. I don't like the coverage calls to be honest. And we're one of the least blitzing teams in the league. That's been fine when playing bad OLs, but we need to dial up more blitzes when playing a good OL. IMO, most of our issues (besides just bad play like by Oke) is game plan.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I think it's a combo of things. I don't like the coverage calls to be honest. And we're one of the least blitzing teams in the league. That's been fine when playing bad OLs, but we need to dial up more blitzes when playing a good OL. IMO, most of our issues (besides just bad play like by Oke) is game plan.

Agrees and I am not a fan of Eberflus at all. To me, he brings nothing to this D. He is very basic.

LOL. You forget you're on fan board in a game day thread. People react during the game. Then they go back to normal life when it's over lol. 

i know trying to act like a counselor i dont get it .   I cant imagine people really getting super mad over a regular season game and letting it affect their life .  how can someone know if someone is mad through text .  its a forum to talk about the game the colts are playing bad so on the forum people will talk about how bad they are playing .  Why the need to say life is bigger then football , should we not talk bad about the team playing bad .  i dont get fans like this if the team plays bad we cant say it or were taking the game to seriously .

Lets hope things improve in the 2nd half, we need to find a way to pressure Mayfield, or it will be another long half. 

We need to get the offence working better as well. 

All is not lost, but we cannot go behind any further at the start of the half. 

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

The adjustment that will win us this game is figuring out how to get pressure on Mayfield. We're gonna have to rush 5 or 6 more often and play a little closer to recievers. Make mayfield throw bombs on us.

Yup. rushing 4 isn't working like it did vs some bad OLs.

2 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

overall frank isn't a good coach 

His game plan and play calling skills have been pretty head scratching in some games, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I elbow everyone sitting next to me when I’m tense and impulsively cuss at players that miss assignments or tackles or INTs because I’m a mad fan. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just cuss at my TV, and yell through the keyboard. I leave the folks around me alone lol. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agrees and I am not a fan of Eberflus at all. To me, he brings nothing to this D. He is very basic.

IMO, some good, some bad, but the bad is simply him being too conservative with the blitz and coverage at times. You can't play conservative against a team like this. You're just not going to stop this team with rushing 4, and giving cushion every down.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i know trying to act like a counselor i dont get it .   I cant imagine people really getting super mad over a regular season game and letting it affect their life .  how can someone know if someone is mad through text .  its a forum to talk about the game the colts are playing bad so on the forum people will talk about how bad they are playing .  Why the need to say life is bigger then football , should we not talk bad about the team playing bad .  i dont get fans like this if the team plays bad we cant say it or were taking the game to seriously .

Perhaps we need a separate game day thread for only sunshine pumping lol. 

Well said. 

To be clear, frustration with the D performance isnt so much this game.  I think we would all agree that the Browns are probably the best offense we have faced so far this year and they have absolutely shredded us in the passing game.

What makes it all the more irritating is that we have a great job of making them one dimensional, but have done nothing with the handful of 3rd and long situations we have gotten them into.

To not have any “change ups” to generate pressure when its clear that front 4 wasnt doing it is terrible coaching/scheme.

2 minutes ago, Kccolts said:

Lets hope things improve in the 2nd half, we need to find a way to pressure Mayfield, or it will be another long half. 

We need to get the offence working better as well. 

All is not lost, but we cannot go behind any further at the start of the half. 

Its all about the pressure ,  you cant touch the offense with the rules .   the defense looked great when they got pressure .  buckner is missing in action and the whole line cannot do anything against a good offensive line .  

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Its all about the pressure ,  you cant touch the offense with the rules .   the defense looked great when they got pressure .  buckner is missing in action and the whole line cannot do anything against a good offensive line .  

Aside from stopping the best run offense

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

they're weird bro ... leave it at that lol

Archived