Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread, October 11, 2020, 4:25pm

NFLfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second quarter wasn’t a good one.  Browns have scored on every drive thus far. Colts offense looks to have gone away from establishing the run. We are in pass mode trying to keep up with Cleveland and it’s not working.  It will be tough to come from behind unless our defense can produce some game changing plays in the second half.  Hopefully the Browns get full of themselves at halftime and the Colts make the necessary adjustments to humble them. 

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You should know by now they have nothing that involves him outside the red zone. 

And he still has to play second fiddle to the Burton infatuation before that. 

3 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Frank needs to stop trying to force the run and start opening up the passing game! Early down runs are putting the offense in bad situations!

My prediction... We're conservative on O until to late. Then try to make Rivers play hero ball. He'll throw an INT trying to make a come back, and everyone will be critical of Rivers, instead of the play calling (on both sides of the ball) that put us in a hole in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This offence is lacking talent at wr. No one scares the opposing D

That's not our problem. Do we have an OBJ, no. But we've seen our WRs, TEs, and RBs wide open every game in the film. IMO, it's play calling, not lack of pass catchers.

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Well said. 

To be clear, frustration with the D performance isnt so much this game.  I think we would all agree that the Browns are probably the best offense we have faced so far this year and they have absolutely shredded us in the passing game.

What makes it all the more irritating is that we have a great job of making them one dimensional, but have done nothing with the handful of 3rd and long situations we have gotten them into.

To not have any “change ups” to generate pressure when its clear that front 4 wasnt doing it is terrible coaching/scheme.

Best O, and best OL by far. 

If Flus doesn't change things up to get pressure, it'll be an ugly 2H.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Why did I bet $70 on the Niners........................................................................

Animated GIF

The Dolphins are a better team than they were expected to be. I think they’re a fair deal better. At least on defense. That defense has been good these last two weeks. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Great job mixing up the plays to start the half. 

I’m just glad it’s Taylor and not Hines. Baby steps, I suppose. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

The Dolphins are a better team than they were expected to be. I think they’re a fair deal better. At least on defense. That defense has been good these last two weeks. 

Yeah probably not a good idea to bet against Fitzmagic on my end.  He can dud out vs crappy teams but then look like Tom Brady vs good teams.  

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My prediction... We're conservative on O until to late. Then try to make Rivers play hero ball. He'll throw an INT trying to make a come back, and everyone will be critical of Rivers, instead of the play calling (on both sides of the ball) that put us in a hole in the first place.

That's not our problem. Do we have an OBJ, no. But we've seen our WRs, TEs, and RBs wide open every game in the film. IMO, it's play calling, not lack of pass catchers.

Best O, and best OL by far. 

If Flus doesn't change things up to get pressure, it'll be an ugly 2H.

This is why I dont like this D. The front 4 plays a very good O linr and then they have to bring pressure. It leaves the secondary playing man which they r not good at. 

Archived