Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack done for the year/will we replace Mack after this season? ((Merge))

Happy2BeHere

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An MRI at this point is really more for confirmation of a diagnosis than trying to look and find one.  They will get the images, read them, then generally confirm what they already had determined/thought. Then the team will determine how to tell the other players, then media/fans those results.

(this is behind the scenes type knowledge)

10 minutes ago, Numba1Colt said:

how does an injury happen to an athlete who wasn't even getting hit or making some crazy move?

Non contact soft tissue injuries happen frequently in sports.

Achilles-

" This injury often occurs during sports activities such as basketball or tennis and is felt by the athlete as a sudden sharp pain directly behind the ankle. Most often, Achilles tendon tears are non-contact injuries. Patients often describe hearing a sudden pop in their ankle and then turning to see if someone kicked them, only to have no one around. "

7 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

how many licks does it take to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? The world may never know.

C'mon, we know. Mr Owl told us!!  It's 3!!

47 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I think colts will still re-sign him even if he’s out this year, he has a lot of talent and it’s well shown but he can’t seem to stay on the field. They’ll get him cheap and see if he can make it a full year on a 1 year deal IMO

Why would you want him cheap if he is injured 

I feel for him, cant stay healthy and this will not help his market value. We are fortunate to have one of the best college backs ever ready to step up as well as Hines who looked great today.  Will be interesting if Bruce Anderson is moved up from practice squad or we bring in a vet like Devonta Freeman.

Also, I almost thought he got hurt prior to this play. He was out for a weird amount of snaps.

I figured it might be an ankle sprain and sure enough, there was a report during the game that the Colts thought it was just an ankle. I’m curious if he got hurt, went back in, and got hurt even worse.

3 hours ago, Numba1Colt said:

how does an injury happen to an athlete who wasn't even getting hit or making some crazy move?

I said on the game thread when he went down it looked like an Achilles. I blew mine out several years ago, and it is a weird feeling. I just went to push off and it was just gone. Sounded a fun going off. Wasn’t even sure what happened at first, but knew something was very wrong.

22 hours ago, krunk said:

Usually when they fear it they are usually correct.  Hoping for the best, but I'm pessimistic.

Yes, because there are 'tests' to physically check problems.  Such as this one (Thompson test)-

"To perform the Thompson test, the patient should lie face-down on the examination table. The feet extend farther than the end of the bed. The examiner then squeezes the calf muscle. This motion, in a normal patient, should cause the toes to point downward as the Achilles pulls the foot. In a patient with a ruptured Achilles tendon, the foot will not move. That is called a positive Thompson test."

Then you schedule the MRI for confirmation and to visualize the extent...

17 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I have Melvin Gordon sitting on my bench...not a great decision on my part

Meh, if he was healthy, that was the right decision based on the matchup. Hindsight tells you differently. :) 

I started Mack as Flex in a standard league too, but thankfully had Zeke and Josh Jacobs to make up for it.

Archived