Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking: Jamal Adams to Seattle!!

WarGhost21

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The thing is..the Jets have to turn that haul into something and in the end I put my money in Seattle getting the better of the trade lol.

True Seattle has a great scouting department and they will probably still draft better with less picks lol

21 minutes ago, C0LT5 said:

This trade really makes our deal for Buckner seem like a steal. Plus we signed Buckner to an extension, which I don't think Seattle did.

Yep, I agree here. Buckner was a year and a half older than Adams, but we gave up a fraction of the price and he plays a more important position. A 1st round pick for DeForest Buckner, or two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and McDougald for Jamal Adams and a 4th? Pretty simple choice there! :) 

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

True Seattle has a great scouting department and they will probably still draft better with less picks lol

Joe Douglas is highly respected around the league as the new GM of the Jets and they also took Rex Hogan away from the Colts to be the new assistant GM there. I would say they are on the up and up.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Joe Douglas is highly respected around the league as the new GM of the Jets and they also took Rex Hogan away from the Colts to be the new assistant GM there. I would say they are on the up and up.

I don't know much about Joe Douglas,   but he just fleeced the Seahawks.    Every team in the league knew Adams was going to get moved.   To get that much for a "good" safety that didn't want to be on the team was impressive

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A 1st round pick for DeForest Buckner, or two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and McDougald for Jamal Adams and a 4th? Pretty simple choice there! :) 

You also have to take into account that when Ballard made the trade, he knew where in the 1st round that pick would be (13th).

The Seahawks have no idea where those two future 1st-round picks will be in the draft.  They're just assuming they won't be high picks because they have Russell Wilson.  But the next two seasons are going to be VERY unpredictable.  If Wilson gets hurt or gets COVID, those seasons could go south and those picks could end up being top-5 for the Jets.

Just more evidence of how shrewd and smart Ballard is.  :thmup:

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't know much about Joe Douglas,   but he just fleeced the Seahawks.    Every team in the league knew Adams was going to get moved.   To get that much for a "good" safety that didn't want to be on the team was impressive

I'm surprised John Schneider gave up that kind of draft capital for anyone.... he's been a very astute GM.

I get the whole "win now" mentality... but is any team ever really "a safety away" from a Superbowl? Because that's what this price tag implies.

I would think Clowney's price drops even more now.  Seattle was the favorite but after the trade I would think they would drop out.  They need to sign Adams long term.  Cleveland also has reportedly moved on after restructuring Oliver Vernon.  If we did have interest this trade might rekindle it.  He seems to be running out of teams.  

34 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I'm surprised John Schneider gave up that kind of draft capital for anyone.... he's been a very astute GM.

I get the whole "win now" mentality... but is any team ever really "a safety away" from a Superbowl? Because that's what this price tag implies.

Pretty sure that PC has the final say out there. 

7 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

There is a lot of talk that Wilson has been looking to get out of Seattle. Maybe they are just trying to stay competitive for the now to keep him happy. Agreed to much for a safety but the defense Seattle employs great safety play is almost as important as cb play. I think they will make the most of him but that indeed is a high price. Honestly the GM hasn’t had the best track record with early picks but rather later rd guys. Maybe he feels having the certain thing is better than rolling the dice on an early pick.

13 hours ago, Rickrolled14 said:

Adams, Hooker, Willis, and Blackmon would have been a scary safety quartet!

Would have taken the defense to the next level.

Does this mean that re-signing Hooker is more likely?

Only if he has a resurgent season he was terrible last year so if he plays alot better i'm all for it if he doesn't I could see Blackmon taking his spot...

NFC West is loaded. Rams are a talented squad and have to fight for third place. NFC East teams are the most thankful for their division, IMO. 

AFC, yes it is top heavy but after the usual suspects, the Chiefs and Ravens, I can see the Colts, Titans, Browns and Steelers cashing in on their schedules. Plus, I also feel the Broncos have assembled a talented roster, if they can get their offense together. AFC East will bear the brunt of playing the NFC West this year.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:23 PM, jvan1973 said:

I agree. What a brilliant move for the Jets. They will be terrible this year but now have the picks to potentially do what the niners did a few years ago. 

I am not sure what Seattle is doing. They seem desperate to win again with Wilson and Carroll but it is not coming together. Safety was not a need. Corner was as well as WR. Very strange trade for them kind of in "all in" move. 

3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

I am not sure what Seattle is doing. 

just trying to get a good defense again, while they still have Russel Wilson.  the draft wasnt getting it done so they made a trade 

i would not want the colts to trade this much for a safety but i can see why Seattle did it   

On 7/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

It'll take a few years, but I think they finally become a good team if Darnold hits.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I think they definitely could be, but only if they get rid of Gase. He's a terrible coach and seems to be a cancer in his own locker rooms. His only real claim to fame was being Peyton's OC in Denver, which was essentially a ceremonial position with PM at that point in his career.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, Rickrolled14 said:

Does this mean that re-signing Hooker is more likely?

I don't see Adams on the trade block having anything to do with Hooker. 

Archived