Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

1 minute ago, KB said:

AFC South > AFC East

Even though the Texans won the division, the Titans are the best team.

Disagree.  Neither team is great, but without Henry, the Titans don't have anything.  Tannehill wasn't super impressive tonight. 

I think Baltimore crushes Tennessee while KC and Houston should be close, but I think KC wins it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Disagree.  Neither team is great, but without Henry, the Titans don't have anything.  Tannehill wasn't super impressive tonight. 

I think Baltimore crushes Tennessee while KC and Houston should be close, but I think KC wins it.

It's amazing what a few good games can do for people. Several posters here believe Tannehill will be the starter next year and if he continues this horrid play I hope he is.

Titans are lucky they had Henry he single handedly ended the Pats

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It's amazing what a few good games can do for people. Several posters here believe Tannehill will be the starter next year and if he continues this horrid play I hope he is.

Tannehill has played great with the Titans.   

This is what makes me mad about our season.  Neither the Texans, nor the Titans, nor the Bills give or would give(speaking on the Bills) the Colts very many problems head to head and that was with JB at QB.  You're looking at neck and neck contests with each opponent.  Imagine if our QB situation would have been settled?  That's what makes me so sick about how our season played out. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wouldnt say they dont have anything. The Titans offensive line is better than the Texan's. Watson is obviously better than Ryan, but Ryan has played well during his stint with the Titans.

Baltimore should crush Tennessee, but who know. Any given Sunday. I tend to root for the underdog if it's not the Colts. Would be cool to see them get a superbowl IMO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

This is what makes me mad about our season.  Neither the Texans, nor the Titans, nor the Bills give or would give(speaking on the Bills) the Colts very many problems head to head and that was with JB at QB.  You're looking at neck and neck contests with each opponent.  Imagine if our QB situation would have been settled?  That's what makes me so sick about how our season played out. 

I was about to post something like this in another thread, but you beat me to it. Watching the Pats lose was somewhat satisfying but in all honesty, it burns me up watching both of these AFC South teams win and advance in the playoffs. Had we addressed our team’s issues early on in the season, or when they first became apparent, instead of letting them linger, this could have been us getting one of these close wins tonight :hissy:

• Like 2

if the Colts don't collapse and Houston doesn’t rest starters week 17 Titans are 7-9.  Pump then brakes on them.  Although I agree they are a team on the rise.

Theres no reason why with a few tweaks we can’t take this division back next year.  BOB sold out for this season in Houston.  They are going to struggle to get better over the next few years. 
The future still looks bright for the Colts.

• Thanks 1

Titans are a legitimate threat to the Ravens. Well coached team, great running game, and QB that has turned his career around. I fully expect a tough game , and early weather predictions are for a very rainy and sloppy game. This is a renewal of an old rivalry from the early 2000’s , with Lewis led defense vs McNair and company. 

It will be a run fest - Ravens vs Titans with Lamar being the X factor.  Not many TDs will be scored. I expect a close game though with the Ravens prevailing 23-20 with Justin Tucker kicking the game winning FG.

Chiefs, I expect, will want revenge for their loss to the Texans at home early in the season and will come out firing, winning 31-20, showcasing a more balanced offense and clock control than we anticipate.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 11:38 PM, danlhart87 said:

his stat line was very good this year, you are talking about one game in bad weather in NE

RT played well against the colts and beat us too

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

his stat line was very good this year, you are talking about one game in bad weather in NE

RT played well against the colts and beat us too

RT spreads it around well, so you can't just focus on 1 or 2 guys, and like the Colts, the Titans OL has given him enough time to go through his reads on top of run blocking.

Mike Vrabel is a better game planner than people give credit for. There are games where the Patriots run it 40 times and then there are games where they throw it 40 times when teams sell out to stop the run. Brady's stats look pedestrian in so many playoff wins as a result. Mike Vrabel came from the same Belichick mold to change game plans accordingly, and they felt running Henry nearly 35 times was the way to control tempo and beat the Patriots, and they did.

Plus, if the Patriots are not challenging the scoreboard, there was no reason for the coaches to let RT sling it around. More than the Titans run offense, the fact that the Patriots could not score vs a less than elite defensive unit of the Titans was more surprising. I bet the Ravens force RT to be a bigger factor and I expect him to get 200 yards passing the next game. If the Titans need to win, their special teams is the key where they are a stellar unit, IMO, that can cause issues for the Ravens' special teams.

• Like 1

I think the AFC Championship game will be KC vs Baltimore, with Baltimore winning.  We may have a repeat of the Harbaugh Bowl in the Super Bowl.

As for the Texans, it would be nice to see them go to the SB, finally, since they are picked to soar above everyone else in the AFC South (why is Indy in this division again?).  Of course, I'd want them to lose in the SB. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.. Tennessee pounded the *thanks again* but Tannehill and his online weren't on the same page or something. He had no time to throw. 

I think Ravens again jump out to an early lead, something the Pats ALMOST did. Then the Titans won't be able to pound as much. I'm thinking Ravens pretty big here.

And I also think the Chiefs win pretty big. Texans tried so hard to lose last week after coming back. And honestly I just cant see the Texans in the AFCCG

Ravens 31 

Titans 14

Chiefs 34

Texans 24

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think Ravens win (score closer than expected)

and The Chefs win (score larger than expected) 

I agree.

Ravens over the Titans - I want the Titans to win 

Chiefs over the Texans - I'm not really rooting for either team.

• Like 2

I believe the Ravens win.  Too many weapons on offense and a very good defense.  Ravens 23 Titans 17

KC can be explosive and they are at home, which is usually a big advantage.  Watson is the X factor in this game.  If he gets time in the pocket, then he can pick the KC defense apart.  But, if he's pressured, then he'll have to improvise, but he does that very well.  Will be closer than some think.  Chiefs 27 Texans 21

12 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:
  • Why do you want the Titans to win? (just curious)

I've never really liked the Ravens.

If I don't have anything in a game I typically root for the underdog.

They represent the AFC South.   You'd think I'd root for the Texans too.   I have more disgust for the Texans than the Titans.  

Mostly I hope we get good games.   I doubt it'll match last weeks 4 games.  

the one thing that the Texans, Titans and Vikings all have in common is they are inconsistent week to week. That will be on display this weekend. I typically hate picking favorites, but....

Chiefs easy over Texans
Ravens over Titans 
49ers big over Vikings 

Packers Seahawks - flip a coin. I’ll go with Packers so I can hopefully get to see Petey cry. 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, chad72 said:

It will be a run fest - Ravens vs Titans with Lamar being the X factor.  Not many TDs will be scored. I expect a close game though with the Ravens prevailing 23-20 with Justin Tucker kicking the game winning FG.

I may be wrong but Henry looked pretty gassed in the 4th quarter of the Pats game.  nearly 400 yards rushing and 66 carries over the last two weeks, I will be surprised if he is very effective after the 1st quarter.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, chad72 said:

Chiefs, I expect, will want revenge for their loss to the Texans at home early in the season and will come out firing, winning 31-20, showcasing a more balanced offense and clock control than we anticipate.

Chiefs, like when they played the Colts, we not at full strength in the game against Houston and it was Hill's first game back.  I expect the game to be similar to the Chiefs Colts playoff game last year, with the Chiefs controlling things pretty much from start to finish.

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I may be wrong but Henry looked pretty gassed in the 4th quarter of the Pats game.  nearly 400 yards rushing and 66 carries over the last two weeks, I will be surprised if he is very effective after the 1st quarter.

If that were the case, I expect the Ravens to run away with it early - Ravens 37 Titans 24 or something like that. If the Titans do not get behind by more than a TD in the first half, they have a chance. If they do, Ravens are running away with it, IMO, in the second half.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Myles said:

I've never really liked the Ravens.

If I don't have anything in a game I typically root for the underdog.

They represent the AFC South.   You'd think I'd root for the Texans too.   I have more disgust for the Texans than the Titans.  

Mostly I hope we get good games.   I doubt it'll match last weeks 4 games.  

• Agree with all in bold! :agree:
  • Yes, those games last week were insanely entertaining. I hope these games are at least half as good... mainly I’m getting sad because I know the season is winding down... life is so sub par without my weekly NFL fix!

I’m a little too bitter about this season to root for any other AFC South team, besides of course being happy the Titans beat the Pats lmao  I’m hoping we have not fallen too far down the “rebuilding” hole that it will take us an eon to be a team representing the division in the playoffs again!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:
  • Agree with all in bold! :agree:
  • Yes, those games last week were insanely entertaining. I hope these games are at least half as good... mainly I’m getting sad because I know the season is winding down... life is so sub par without my weekly NFL fix!

I’m a little too bitter about this season to root for any other AFC South team, besides of course being happy the Titans beat the Pats lmao  I’m hoping we have not fallen too far down the “rebuilding” hole that it will take us an eon to be a team representing the division in the playoffs again!

My favorite part of the NFL year is the combine senior bowls and draft so I don't mind season being over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

mainly I’m getting sad because I know the season is winding down... life is so sub par without my weekly NFL fix!

I know the feeling. Thankfully the Vikings are still in it but by mid-February, there will be no more games. :(

You may want to follow the draft with all of us. I believe that once again this year, we will have at least one live draft in which the GMs who are selecting players are members of the Colts forum. You're welcome to play. I usually pick for the Vikings. 

Going back on topic, I think the Ravens and Chiefs will advance.  I hope the Vikes and Seahawks advance too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know the feeling. Thankfully the Vikings are still in it but by mid-February, there will be no more games. :(

You may want to follow the draft with all of us. I believe that once again this year, we will have at least one live draft in which the GMs who are selecting players are members of the Colts forum. You're welcome to play. I usually pick for the Vikings. 

Going back on topic, I think the Ravens and Chiefs will advance.  I hope the Vikes and Seahawks advance too. 

I picked the Colts last year