Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yes I have seen KC step up lately, but do you think they are ready for large doses of Derrick Henry?  I'm not quite sure they've improved that much.  I mean this is the Ravens defense he's smashing right now.

Like I said, I think this was a pretty good match up for TN. TN was very effective in limiting Balt's O, and got up early changing the game plan for the Ravens.  Whenever you ask Jackson to throw it 50 times, it's likely not going to turn out well.

Keep in mind that Balt has been hit or miss against good RBs this year. IIRC Chubb ran for 150+ in one of their games (Chubb was gimpy game 2).  IMO this is about the turnovers as much as anything. 

As far as KC goes, I'm sure Henry will do well, but if TN can't stop Mahomes, running Henry a bunch might not matter. Henry had a good game (game 2) vs us, yet we beat them by a couple scores even with JB turning it over a couple times. We also limited Henry game 1 to less than 100 yards. I'm going with the home dogs, and Mahomes over TN's sub par pass D.

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You missed the point. The less chances you give Mahomes the better chance they have to win.

I got your point, you missed mine..... Even if TN scores every time (which they won't), they still have to give it back to KC..... if they can't stop Mahomes (TN has a mediocre pass D, bottom 10, worse than ours), time of possession won't mean a lot.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like I said, I think this was a pretty good match up for TN. TN was very effective in limiting Balt's O, and got up early changing the game plan for the Ravens.  Whenever you ask Jackson to throw it 50 times, it's likely not going to turn out well.

Keep in mind that Balt has been hit or miss against good RBs this year. IIRC Chubb ran for 150+ in one of their games (Chubb was gimpy game 2).  IMO this is about the turnovers as much as anything. 

As far as KC goes, I'm sure Henry will do well, but if TN can't stop Mahomes, running Henry a bunch might not matter. Henry had a good game (game 2) vs us, yet we beat them by a couple scores even with JB turning it over a couple times. We also limited Henry game 1 to less than 100 yards. I'm going with the home dogs, and Mahomes over TN's sub par pass D.

Houston is still in the way of that matchup.

35 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Tennessee will literally run KC in the ground like the Colts did. Sure Mahomes will make some plays, but it will be heavily limited. 

nah... TN has a bottom 10 pass D. Mahomes is humming now. 

Henry might have a very good game, but unless TN's pass D doesn't something out of character, Mahomes will get his.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not going against KC and a healthy Mahomes/Tyreek Hill combo either.   Just saying it can get interesting if Tenn is able to control things on the ground.  KC should win though if they just play even slightly better D than they played the last time around. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Henry might have a very good game, but unless TN's pass D doesn't something out of character, Mahomes will get his.

I dont see anyone beating Tenn, after watching them in these playoffs!.

• Like 2

If a Houston vs Tenn AFCCG somehow happens I think the Texans  as much as I hate to say it would end up in the Super Bowl.  They just always find some way to beat Tenn.  I'm not counting that game at the end of the year because Watson and some of the other guys didn't even play.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I'm not going against KC and a healthy Mahomes/Tyreek Hill combo either.   Just saying it can get interesting if Tenn is able to control things on the ground.  KC should win though if they just play even slightly better D than they played the last time around. 

Could be very interesting. I would not be shocked if TN somehow pulled it out, I just doubt it happens. NE and Balt were good match ups for TN, whereas KC isn't IMO. I could see either a close TN win, or a KC blow out. If KC gets up early, it could get very ugly for TN. If TN can somehow slow Mahomes (I just don't see their pass D capable of it), it's anyone's game.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Tennessee has already beat them once this year, while Mahomes had the game of his life, but this time it won't be sunny and 70. I'll take the balanced/great running team over the great passing team in January every time. You're a Colts fan, you've seen this movie too many times and know the outcome..

• Like 1

I know people hate the Patriots, but if it is a Texans/Titans AFCCG with one of them possibly winning the Super Bowl, I wonder if a few Colts fans will change their minds on pursuing Brady.  With Brissett + Love/Eason, we might be in the backseat of the AFC South for a number of years.

Just now, #12. said:

I know people hate the Patriots, but if it is a Texans/Titans AFCCG with one of them possibly winning the Super Bowl, I wonder if a few Colts fans will change their minds on pursuing Brady.  With Brissett + Love/Eason, we might be in the backseat of the AFC South for a number of years.

Not this Colts fan.

• Like 1