Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now, before that game started if I would've told you Lamar would throw for 365 yards and run for 143 yards and Tannehill would have a JB type of game = only 88 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's but Tennessee would win 28-12, you would think I would belong in straight jacket comedy central straitjacket GIF by Drunk History

Not really. This is a very believable script. Hell, you don't even need to tell me how many yards they threw for. You only need to tell me Tannehill threw 14 times and Lamar threw 60 times and I could tell you what most likely happened in that game. Do you know why? Because teams with big leads run and teams with big deficits throw the ball. Tannehill threw out of playaction to take the big lead... and then they ran it for the rest of the game. And Lamar was throwing pretty much for the full game trying to come back. Stats as always tell a story but need context. 

It's worth pointing out that those games are not regular games. Most games don't follow that extreme of a game script. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now, before that game started if I would've told you Lamar would throw for 365 yards and run for 143 yards and Tannehill would have a JB type of game = only 88 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's but Tennessee would win 28-12, you would think I would belong in straight jacket comedy central straitjacket GIF by Drunk History

If you also told me Jackson had 3 turnovers  (2 INTs and a fumble) and Henry ran for almost 200 yards, I would also not call you the king of no context lol... 

Like I've said before and after the game. I though the last two games were good match ups for TN. I think that ends when they go to KC (I'm was on record saying that last night). 

I've also been be critical of Jackson (except for his QBR) and got ridiculed by some for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 11:15 AM, Gramz said:

I thought of you during the game ( I was only able to catch the final quarter)  and knew how disappointing it must have been for you.

Titans are on a mission it appears.  The title game should be a good one!

For me, not having a horse in the race (pun intended)  I'm just looking forward to close, competitive games. 

Just getting back into the flow. That loss killed me. A waste of a 14-2 season. 

• Sad 2