Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

4 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Tennessee has already beat them once this year, while Mahomes had the game of his life, but this time it won't be sunny and 70. I'll take the balanced/great running team over the great passing team in January every time. You're a Colts fan, you've seen this movie too many times and know the outcome..

Mahomes was just coming off injury (first full practices), and that game was fluky as heck if you watched. Fumble TD by TN. Bad snap on easy KC FG in the 4th. Late crazy series (Tannehill 3 long passes and a TD). And a blocked KC FG at the very end. 

That was all in Nashville. Might not be as lucky this time for TN in KC.

I saw this movie last year when KC beat the heck out of the Colts (we had the better running game the 2nd half of the year by far), and everyone blamed the weather.

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

I know people hate the Patriots, but if it is a Texans/Titans AFCCG with one of them possibly winning the Super Bowl, I wonder if a few Colts fans will change their minds on pursuing Brady.  With Brissett + Love/Eason, we might be in the backseat of the AFC South for a number of years.

Just no lol never

I think Brady outside of the Pats uniform is ordinary. Which is what I'd like to see.. just not on the colts lol

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I saw this movie last year when KC beat the heck out of the Colts (we had the better running game the 2nd half of the year by far), and everyone blamed the weather.

The same one where they went into KC, in cruddy weather, with Luck throwing all over the field instead of relying on what got them there? Same as the Peyton years? That movie...? I don't see Tennessee doing that.. 

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

The same one where they went into KC, in cruddy weather, with Luck throwing all over the field instead of relying on what got them there? Same as the Peyton years? That movie...? I don't see Tennessee doing that.. 

They will if they get down early like we did. That's the point. 

Colts c

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They will if they get down early like we did. That's the point. 

I don’t see them getting down by a lot with that run game. They will probably keep it close. They may not even play KC. Texans have already best KC too. Funny KC lost three games to the AFC South and here they are possibly having to play two of those teams again. 3 of their 4 losses against AFC South.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colts c

I don’t see them getting down by a lot with that run game. They will probably keep it close. They may not even play KC. Texans have already best KC too. Funny KC lost three games to the AFC South and here they are possibly having to play two of those teams again. 3 of their 4 losses against AFC South.

Mahomes was hobbled through those games. And KC's D wasn't playing nearly as good as they are now. We'll see. 

5 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

According to all of the stats, how did the Titans manage to pull this off two weeks in a row??  Asking for a friend.   :td:

Like I said, TN matched up very well with both teams. TN is also a good team and Tannehill is peaking even though he's not the focal point. I think Cinderella's ride end next week though.

7 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If they come out with the gameplan that the Colts did last year, sure, but as I've said I HIGHLY doubt that happens. KC better hope for great weather.. 

KC played great in the bad weather last year. Why the prayers?

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Mahomes was hobbled through those games. And KC's D wasn't playing nearly as good as they are now. We'll see. 

They still scored over thirty points.

The ravens pretty much cruised all season. Then they sat players the last game so they had three weeks off. They really didn’t have much adversity. That hurt them tonight.

• Like 3

Win or loose, I am proud of the way the Texans and Titans have represented the AFC South.  We beat both teams this season and that is what is so disappointing, with a few mid season changes, and decisions from CB, and on field decisions from Frank and the rest of the coaching staff, it could be us still playing football. 

• Like 1

Making or playing in the Divisional Round is a good accomplishment. On one hand it is good but on the other hand when you lose in that round it can be demoralizing. Lamar Jackson is now going through what Peyton went through a few times. #1 seed then get eliminated. Ravens fans have to be in depression mode this morning.

My scale has always been:

-make the Divisional Round = good

-make the Title Game = very good

-make the SB = great

-win the SB = Champion!

Ravens went 14-2 and all they can take away from it was it was a good season. Sort of like our 2005 season where we went 14-2 and lost to Pitt in the Divisional Round.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They still scored over thirty points.

The ravens pretty much cruised all season. Then they sat players the last game so they had three weeks off. They really didn’t have much adversity. That hurt them tonight.

this line of thinking drives me nuts because it’s unprovable and diminishes what Tenn did. They had a formula, executed it and played well. 

The Ravens had 5 possessions (2, 4th down stops and 3 turnovers) that either gave Tenn short fields or took points off the board for themselves. Were those missed 4th and shorts due to rust by the Ravens or did the Titans D just make a play?  The first int, was that because of rust or because, as Fouts noted, the TE was hobbled and could not elevate?

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Making or playing in the Divisional Round is a good accomplishment. On one hand it is good but on the other hand when you lose in that round it can be demoralizing. Lamar Jackson is now going through what Peyton went through a few times. #1 seed then get eliminated. Ravens fans have to be in depression mode this morning.

-make the SB = great

-win the SB = Champion!

Ravens went 14-2 and all they can take away from it was it was a good season. Sort of like our 2005 season where we went 14-2 and lost to Pitt in the Divisional Round.

Yeah, I remember feeling just like Ravens fans do right now, when the Colts lost to the Steelers in 2005. And the only thing I can say is.....

the office lol GIF

9 hours ago, krunk said:

Damn!  They just showed Arrowhead Stadium and it was snowing like heck, probably even worse than last year.  I'm not sure what to think when it comes to KC passing game now.

Watch Mahomes in the Denver game in snow at the end of the season against a stout Broncos pass D and let me know.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-make the SB = great

-win the SB = Champion!

Peyton and the Colts however fought hard in both those 2005, 2007 game losses at home with a bye, we just weren’t good in close games in the playoffs. The Patriots on the other hand made their living winning close games in the playoffs, it felt like.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lamar has over 500 yards rushing and passing. Ravens really made to many mistakes. Not so much what the titans did to them. 

What? 4 sacks, Two stops on 4th and 1, a forced fumble, 2 INTs and held Ravens to 12 points. 

Not so much what Titans did????

Hilarious

Titans beat the living you know what out of us. Total smack down. Harbaugh totally outcoached by Vrabel , and Pees schooled Roman. The Ravens were not at all prepared for the game , and it shows. Total waste of a #1 seed and home field advantage. Titans played great, but my money would have to be on KC next week. It may be their time. 

26 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Titans beat the living you know what out of us. Total smack down. Harbaugh totally outcoached by Vrabel , and Pees schooled Roman. The Ravens were not at all prepared for the game , and it shows. Total waste of a #1 seed and home field advantage. Titans played great, but my money would have to be on KC next week. It may be their time. 

I thought of you during the game ( I was only able to catch the final quarter)  and knew how disappointing it must have been for you.

Titans are on a mission it appears.  The title game should be a good one!

For me, not having a horse in the race (pun intended)  I'm just looking forward to close, competitive games. 

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

What? 4 sacks, Two stops on 4th and 1, a forced fumble, 2 INTs and held Ravens to 12 points. 

Not so much what Titans did????

Hilarious

That one 4th and 1 was all on the ravens. What was Lamar thinking. Dropped passes and bad INT. I would call that mistakes. You give up 500 yards to one player you should not win.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That one 4th and 1 was all on the ravens. What was Lamar thinking. Dropped passes and bad INT. I would call that mistakes. You give up 500 yards to one player you should not win.

I'm thinking one player shouldn't try to do it all. :dunno:

Having said that,  Tennessee is playing great football, as a team.  That's what it takes.  They made the plays and did what needed to be done, over and over, in both of their playoff games so far.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wait, how is it possible a QB can throw for 365 yards, run for 143 yards but lose to a QB that threw for 88 yards. The diehard stat guys must be befuddled math GIF

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wait, how is it possible a QB can throw for 365 yards, run for 143 yards but lose to a QB that threw for 88 yards. The diehard stat guys must be befuddled math GIF

Nah. If you ask Jackson to throw it almost 60 times, bad things happen. 

Are you saying Brissett is as good as Jackson or Tannehill, both of whom have top 10 QBRs?

Me thinks you are being the king of no-context again lol... 

By the way, Manning lost and threw for a ton of yards. Rare, but it happens. 

But,,,,, it's much rarer for a QB who can't throw it and/or have low QBRs, to win consistently, and go far into the playoffs, no?

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah. If you ask Jackson to throw it almost 60 times, bad things happen. 

Are you saying Brissett is as good as Jackson or Tannehill, both of whom have top 10 QBRs?

Me thinks you are being the king of no-context again lol... 

By the way, Manning lost and threw for a ton of yards. Rare, but it happens. 

But,,,,, it's much rarer for a QB who can't throw it and/or have low QBRs, to win consistently, and go far into the playoffs, no?

Come on now, before that game started if I would've told you Lamar would throw for 365 yards and run for 143 yards and Tannehill would have a JB type of game = only 88 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's but Tennessee would win 28-12, you would think I would belong in a straight jacket comedy central straitjacket GIF by Drunk History