Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edit: AC considering retirement

Restinpeacesweetchloe

I think he's probably similarly annoyed at this year as most of us are. If he does retire, that's not great news at all. 

The rebuild might not get built and my concern or pending fear of perpetual mediocrity (that we're in currently- it's true, that's what a half a decade of .500 ball is) will be fully realized. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think I might cry. If he does this there goes a QB or WR in the draft. THis team is a mess.

Yet my statement about the locker room crumbling in the Hilton thread was "exaggerated" ?

Okay

You've seemed to change your stance rather quickly

• Like 2

This team cant catch a break.  If he retires the Colts will be stuck in mediocrity for years unless they can magically procure a stuff QB and T in draft or FA... but I doubt that's gonna happen.

I just have this sinking feeling that we wont be contenders for another 5+ years.  And it all started with Luck pulling the plug.

He doesn't seem like a flashy personality guy.  I assume he has saved enough money to move on to other things in life.  No reason why he can't make some money doing other things.  I'd think he's more concerned about being able to walk and think like a normal old person than to get another $30 mil.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

This team cant catch a break.  If he retires the Colts will be stuck in mediocrity for years unless they can magically procure a stuff QB and T in draft or FA... but I doubt that's gonna happen.

I just have this sinking feeling that we wont be contenders for another 5+ years.  And it all started with Luck pulling the plug.

You see it too. I got "Dear God ed (sp?)" for pointing this out yesterday in the context of needing to finding a QB and being open to paying to do so- as if that's daft.. lol, but if you know what your seeing in real time and don't need to be told later that things weren't good, you knew Luck retiring was always going to be a major, not minor set back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize this probably stops us from getting a QB or a stud WR. Your not going to find a good one in the 4th rd. This changes everything. 

Now WHO is getting hysterical?

How about this...  QB,  LT,  WR.    

First round, second round, second round.   PLUS we have free agency.  We might fill a spot or two from there.  

Lots of possibilities...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You do realize this probably stops us from getting a QB or a stud WR. Your not going to find a good one in the 4th rd. This changes everything. 

I agree, we'd have to draft one in the 1st or 2nd. However, there's 5-6 really good ones. It would suck to have to do it, but this class we could get a replacement without much dropoff is all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

First round, second round, second round.   PLUS we have free agency.  We might fill a spot or two from there.  

Lots of possibilities...

And that still doesn’t address the bad dline. That also stops us from using a pick to move up because we need them all.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

dear god drama queen we could easily draft a LT at 13 get a QB at 34 and still have a shot at a good WR with our 2nd round pick. then there is also this thing called free agency where we could get DL help the world is not ending.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lots of possibilities...

Thank You!! my order was a lil different but same idea no reason to act like it's the end of the world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, we'd have to draft one in the 1st or 2nd. However, there's 5-6 really good ones. It would suck to have to do it, but this class we could get a replacement without much dropoff is all I'm saying.

Please try not to agree with Chloe when she gets this way...   when she starts up with THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!   And she’s doing this while accusing others of being dramatic.   It’s not her best look.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d say AC is going to ask CB to spell out his vision for how the Colts will look in a year, two years, three years and so on.

If AC is going to try and play five more years, I think he’d like them to be WINNING years and not 7-9 or 8-8.  AC would like to be in the post-season. 

I could see this being the case. If I was AC, I would need to know that we plan on bringing in a new QB (draft or FA) and not sticking with JB as the franchise QB.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

dear god drama queen we could easily draft a LT at 13 get a QB at 34 and still have a shot at a good WR with our 2nd round pick. then there is also this thing called free agency where we could get DL help the world is not ending.

I could see it playing out exactly that way. There's some really good LT talent in the 1st, a QB like Love that could potentially fall to the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd, and absurd WR depth. If there's an offseason to have these needs, this draft is the one to potentially fill them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Yet my statement about the locker room crumbling in the Hilton thread was "exaggerated" ?

Okay

You've seemed to change your stance rather quickly

If two guys, AC and Vinny retire.... Out of a whole locker room is not indicative in any way of a tram crumbling.   They shouldn't be happy about this season, if they were, Tay would be a much greater problem.  Players retire every year, even more than two from the same team!  It means nothing, other than maay e they are considerate enough to do it early enough to give their team options...unlike T. Glenn

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

I could see this being the case. If I was AC, I would need to know that we plan on bringing in a new QB (draft or FA) and not sticking with JB as the franchise QB.

I could see it playing out exactly that way. There's some really good LT talent in the 1st, a QB like Love that could potentially fall to the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd, and absurd WR depth. If there's an offseason to have these needs, this draft is the one to potentially fill them.

This could actually lay out very much like what you said here.  This team is in an obvious hole, but in a great position cap and front office personnel wise to solve these issues

It would be a mistake for the Colts to spend a high draft pick (1st or 2nd round) on a WR.  The Colts have Hilton, Campbell and Pascal then with Fountain (yes I know he has not proven anything in the nFL yet and comparisons to Cain will be made, but remember a rookie has not proven anything in the NFL yet either and just because players play the same position and drafted the same time does not mean you can compare their situations.  From all reports Fountain works hard at improving as a receiver, from all reports Cain worked hard at rehab but it was not discussed that he worked at his craft.  My point is sometimes you have to give a player a chance.  Remember, most Colts fans thought Wayne was a bust after his first two years... not saying Fountain will be like Wayne, just saying that we, as fans, don't see everything no matter how much we pretend we do.

• Like 2

AC is essentially saying that he wants to be a Colt.  Its that or retirement.  That doesn't strike me as a locker room issue.  And I think Kelly and maybe another player came out to say they wanted to be Colts.  I think its Ebron and maybe another who have some issue with the makeup of the team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

but only 1st rounders can make a team win... :sarcasm:

• Like 1