Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edit: AC considering retirement

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, J@son said:

For the love of god please stop.  In the first post, you're relieved because Hilton said AC isn't retiring.  Barely an hour later you "will be shocked if he comes back."  

There's no time limit on hitting the "Submit reply" button.  You can sit and re-read the post you've written, multiple times if necessary (which I would encourage), and think about what you've written before submitting the reply.  Please do everyone on the forum a favor and start doing that.

:)

I think she was referring to T.Y. saying that TY wouldn’t retire.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Houston was older and had been hurt and not producing. They traded for and re-signed Frank Clark, but got rid of Dee Ford, so that's a wash on the books (and ultimately cost them a first rounder, for a better player who is two years younger).

Chris Jones is a foundational player. They do have to pay Mahomes, but they can manage that as they get some cap relief in 2021. 

Not entirely true didn't he have like 9 sacks in 8 games? Yeah dee ford is the other player I was thinking of but losing those 2 hurt their defense

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Not entirely true didn't he have like 9 sacks in 8 games? Yeah dee ford is the other player I was thinking of but losing those 2 hurt their defense

Nine in 9 games, so there was some production. But I think they owed him $15m for 2019 and didn't think he was worth it.

Edit: 9 in 12 games. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....  agreed....  I’ve long thought our pick from the Skins at the top of the second might be the perfect spot for Ballard to grab his QB.   I was only thinking which position is most important — quarterback.

But I think you’re right, if AC retires (and that’s a big IF) then take a LT in the first, a QB at the top of the 2nd, and a WR with our own pick in the middle of the 2nd — approx pick 45.  

Thanks. 

Maybe do that no matter what.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Maybe do that no matter what.

I'm open to most anything.

But if AC does NOT retire,  then we are likely re-signing him to a 4 or 5-year deal.   If that's the case,  we are not using our first round pick on a tackle.    At least, I don't think so.

But we might use it on a DEFENSIVE tackle, which is what I've been hoping for.

Could it be a WR?     Sure.    At 13,  we might land a great one.

We have needs.    And I think we might address QB at pick 34 near the top of R2.

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm open to most anything.

But if AC does NOT retire,  then we are likely re-signing him to a 4 or 5-year deal.   If that's the case,  we are not using our first round pick on a tackle.    At least, I don't think so.

But we might use it on a DEFENSIVE tackle, which is what I've been hoping for.

Could it be a WR?     Sure.    At 13,  we might land a great one.

We have needs.    And I think we might address QB at pick 34 near the top of R2.

The guys you would want at QB at 34 are probably going to be gone. Only one that might be there is Eason. Love won’t get passed the pats or saints.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The guys you would want at QB at 34 are probably going to be gone. Only one that might be there is Eason. Love won’t get passed the pats or saints.

Sorry...,   But it’s way, Way, WAY too early to know what teams are going to be shopping for.

Seriously.   Honestly.

As for the Saints and Pats...   early word us the Saints May try Bridgewater after Brees retires...  and the Oats May go with Stitham, who they drafted last year to replace Brady.

Nothing is official, but that’s what I’ve read.    Like I said, WAY too early. 

1 hour ago, J@son said:

You seem to be the only one that's hurt

Nope. Not at all. I’m merely pointing out to the poster that AC is not like Luck. He brought it up, I merely stated a glaring and factual point. You sir, are the only who took it for more than that

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Nope. Not at all. I’m merely pointing out to the poster that AC is not like Luck. He brought it up, I merely stated a glaring and factual point. You sir, are the only who took it for more than that

My post was merely an observation of the fact that you seem to bring Luck's retirement up as often as humanly possible.  We all get it, he hurt you.  It's time to let the wounds heal and move on. :)

3 hours ago, J@son said:

My post was merely an observation of the fact that you seem to bring Luck's retirement up as often as humanly possible.  We all get it, he hurt you.  It's time to let the wounds heal and move on. :)

I didn't bring it up... I commented when it was brought up by someone else...

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....  agreed....  I’ve long thought our pick from the Skins at the top of the second might be the perfect spot for Ballard to grab his QB.   I was only thinking which position is most important — quarterback.

But I think you’re right, if AC retires (and that’s a big IF) then take a LT in the first, a QB at the top of the 2nd, and a WR with our own pick in the middle of the 2nd — approx pick 45.  

Thanks. 

sounds good but im thinking with that 2nd --2nd round pick we should go TE in place of WR. we should maybe hit FA with a WR if we don't take Devin F back.

I think if he does, we have far too many needs not to go more heavily into Free Agency.    I'm not sure who we'd take in FA, be it an LT, QB, WR, DT, but to get starters, I'd think FA would be necessary.   Yes, build through the draft but if there are holes here, you have to fill them.