Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron tweet on if he wants to be a colt next year

Restinpeacesweetchloe

For some reason I don’t think he will have a choice because I don’t think they will bring him back.

I will give him a bit of a break. Reich mentioned the other day how he doesn’t go around asking players about injuries or how they are feeling.  So it’s possible Reich didn’t realize his ankle was that bad. It was up to Eric though to discuss it and ask for some time off in practice if it was that bad.

• Like 1

Lets be honest....... the drops are huge

He also isnt a good blocker

You cant throw him the ball on 3rd down....... he drops those

His nickname is "Drive Killer"

When "Three and Out"  (Brissett) is throwing to "Drive Killer"

You may have problems :(

• Like 8

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

If Brady and Belichick return to New England after this season there’s a high probability he ends up there. 

Green Bay would also be a good destination for him. 

Why do the Patriots end up mentioned in so many threads?  Never mind, forget it.

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

If Brady and Belichick return to New England after this season there’s a high probability he ends up there. 

Green Bay would also be a good destination for him. 

I really don't think Bill would accept the drop history. Especially with the league leading drops they've had this year.

If we knew Jacoby wasn't starting, I think he'd consider a return. I'd guess it depends how Ballard/Reich view his surgery decision on whether or not he'd even get an offer. Up until the Luck retirement, he was all smiles and super appreciative about being a Colt and getting away from the Lions fans. Sadly, it looks like our fanbase is close to giving him similar treatment for some reason. I feel for the guy, if Luck wouldn't have retired, his career outlook was on a rocket trajectory.  Instead, he has another ho-hum season.

• Like 1

He is out of here... no magical thinking that he will be back. The guy majored in Marketing and talks a big game. If it wasn't for Luck he would have nothing to sell.  What he failed to understand is that "when the going get rough, the tough don't get going".  TY is a real Colt and Paris Campbell better grab onto him and learn what it takes to be an ELITE WR. It is all about HEART. 

Even with the drops, he is a matchup issue that puts pressure on the defense, and relieves pressure off of the running game.  I'm not saying we should absolutely re-sign him.  But I'm also not saying that we should absolutely reject him either.  If the price is right, there is still value in him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AustexColt said:

He is out of here... no magical thinking that he will be back. The guy majored in Marketing and talks a big game. If it wasn't for Luck he would have nothing to sell.  What he failed to understand is that "when the going get rough, the tough don't get going".  TY is a real Colt and Paris Campbell better grab onto him and learn what it takes to be an ELITE WR. It is all about HEART. 

It takes quite a bit more than heart to be an elite receiver, otherwise I'd be one....

10 hours ago, Roger said:

Why do the Patriots end up mentioned in so many threads?  Never mind, forget it.

What kind of junk post is this? We’re talking about a player who has a very high probability of going to another team in the offseason and I casually speculated on a couple of high probability landing spots. 

If you can’t handle that maybe the internet and discussion forums aren’t for you. 

I appreciate Ebron for what he brought to the Colts last year. This year......not at all. He was disappointing at every level of TE play and regressed. Part of it is not having Luck throwing to him and part is just his bad (at times) hands and mediocre blocking.  Either way, if I'm the Colts I move on and look for a top FA like Hooper if available and if not draft a top TE. In the modern NFL, this has become a critical position of need. Ebron is not the answer. 

Not really much he can say.  If he says yes I want to be back that gives the Colts an upper hand in talks or makes other teams go he said he wanted to go back but the Colts didn’t want him so maybe we should think twice about him.  

If he says he wants out he looks like a jerk that doesn’t support the team he’s on which might also cause other teams to back off him.  Also, who knows what his market will be.  I doubt it will come to this but say the Colts are the only team that was interested in him if he makes it public knowledge he wants out do you think they would offer him a contract?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not really much he can say.  If he says yes I want to be back that gives the Colts an upper hand in talks or makes other teams go he said he wanted to go back but the Colts didn’t want him so maybe we should think twice about him.  

If he says he wants out he looks like a jerk that doesn’t support the team he’s on which might also cause other teams to back off him.  Also, who knows what his market will be.  I doubt it will come to this but say the Colts are the only team that was interested in him if he makes it public knowledge he wants out do you think they would offer him a contract?

I'd move on. The Colts can do better. EE is just too unreliable. 

18 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Ebron is a good example of what Ballard keeps saying. It’s better to grow your team via the draft and pay your own. Ebron is acting like a FA.

It’s his prerogative to look after his own best interest.  Nothing wrong with that. I’m sure many fans would change their tune if they were blessed with his talents and fortunate enough to be in his position.  It’s a business on both sides. 

50 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s his prerogative to look after his own best interest.  Nothing wrong with that. I’m sure many fans would change their tune if they were blessed with his talents and fortunate enough to be in his position.  It’s a business on both sides. 

Right, but whose businesss are you interested in...his or Colts? He had 1 good year and 1 bad and he quit on us per Hilton’s remarks.

16 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Right, but whose businesss are you interested in...his or Colts? He had 1 good year and 1 bad and he quit on us per Hilton’s remarks.

Personally, I’m interested in the Colts business as a fan.  But I’m not going to begrudge a player for making a business decision. Hilton alluded to him quitting.  That may be his opinion but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true.  Not everyone is willing to put all on the line to play through injury.  Hilton is relatively secure with the Colts.  Ebron has free agency looming and has yet to hit on that big deal.  Any way how can Hilton have such a problem with Ebron and yet be all good with what Luck pulled?  You think Luck couldn’t have played this season if he really wanted to?  

47 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Personally, I’m interested in the Colts business as a fan.  But I’m not going to begrudge a player for making a business decision. Hilton alluded to him quitting.  That may be his opinion but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true.  Not everyone is willing to put all on the line to play through injury.  Hilton is relatively secure with the Colts.  Ebron has free agency looming and has yet to hit on that big deal.  Any way how can Hilton have such a problem with Ebron and yet be all good with what Luck pulled?  You think Luck couldn’t have played this season if he really wanted to?  

Luck quit football for good and still visits us. Ebron was texting Panthers that we weren’t using him correctly then quit.

21 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Ebron is a good example of what Ballard keeps saying. It’s better to grow your team via the draft and pay your own. Ebron is acting like a FA.

Well to be fair - Houston, Desir, Autry, Sheard and Moore weren't drafted by the Colts and those worked out great. Thats 5 of 11 defensive starters brought in (not drafted) and this is one of the best defenses we've had in 25 years.

37 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Well to be fair - Houston, Desir, Autry, Sheard and Moore weren't drafted by the Colts and those worked out great. Thats 5 of 11 defensive starters brought in (not drafted) and this is one of the best defenses we've had in 25 years.

You are right. Good point.

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

Luck quit football for good and still visits us. Ebron was texting Panthers that we weren’t using him correctly then quit.

Luck retired unexpectedly right before season started. No one really knows if it for good at this point.  Players have been known to unretire. Ebron was placed on IR by the Colts.  He can’t place himself there.