Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron tweet on if he wants to be a colt next year

Restinpeacesweetchloe

That answer seems to basically say that he's a Colt for now and he's cheering on his teammates.  

I expect him to move on to another team in free agency.  Guy is a receiving TE who is going to want to be in a high passing volume offense with a good QB.  We had that with Luck but we don't have that with JB.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

That answer seems to basically say that he's a Colt for now and he's cheering on his teammates.  

I expect him to move on to another team in free agency.  Guy is a receiving TE who is going to want to be in a high passing volume offense with a good QB.  We had that with Luck but we don't have that with JB.  

He definitely does not fit the new offense! 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, Chloe6124 said:

For some reason I don’t think he will have a choice because I don’t think they will bring him back.

I will give him a bit of a break. Reich mentioned the other day how he doesn’t go around asking players about injuries or how they are feeling.  So it’s possible Reich didn’t realize his ankle was that bad. It was up to Eric though to discuss it and ask for some time off in practice if it was that bad.

Wait he doesn't?  Dang, that's a big knock against Reich then.  Everyone and their grandmother knows that athletes hide injuries.  Letting him do that with no check on it is a recipe for exactly this kind of fallout.

If we wonder how so many of our players came away with season ending injuries this year -- a head coach not doing his job overseeing players' health and safety is a good place to start looking.

I know Reich is old fashioned, and by and large it's a good thing, but not when it comes to medical practice and player safety! 

If a head coach isn't wise enough to be the voice of reason, or atren't on the ball enough to even know a guy's having pgysical problems  players by the nature of the game and their desire to be out there are going to cripple themselves permanently under that coach's  watch.  That already happens enough without negligence from the coaching staff making it even worse.

If he's really not overseeing players' physical health (which I doubt, but let's take his nonsense at face value here) then he's a negligent coach and should be fired immediately.  And I say that as a guy who likes the overall style of play he's brought to Indy.

9 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Wait he doesn't?  Dang, that's a big knock against Reich then.  Everyone and their grandmother knows that athletes hide injuries.  Letting him do that with no check on it is a recipe for exactly this kind of fallout.

If we wonder how so many of our players came away with season ending injuries this year -- a head coach not doing his job overseeing players' health and safety is a good place to start looking.

I know Reich is old fashioned, and by and large it's a good thing, but not when it comes to medical practice and player safety! 

If a head coach isn't wise enough to be the voice of reason, or atren't on the ball enough to even know a guy's having pgysical problems  players by the nature of the game and their desire to be out there are going to cripple themselves permanently under that coach's  watch.  That already happens enough without negligence from the coaching staff making it even worse.

If he's really not overseeing players' physical health (which I doubt, but let's take his nonsense at face value here) then he's a negligent coach and should be fired immediately.  And I say that as a guy who likes the overall style of play he's brought to Indy.

Reich treats his players like grown men. He doesn’t feel the need to micro manage everything.  Like I said it’s up to the player to let the medical staff and coaches know if something is going on. 

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich treats his players like grown men. He doesn’t feel the need to micro manage everything.  Like I said it’s up to the player to let the medical staff and coaches know if something is going on. 

And if we wonder how nagging injuries have turned into season ending problems for half a dozen of our guys, that's where it starts.  You say "micro managing" I say "due dilligence" and "being a good boss."

If you know players are going to hide injuries, and you want to get a team to and through the marathon that is the NFL season plus playoffs, you HAVE to be proactive with player health.  you CAN'T just wait for the players to say something, because a lot of them simply won't until it's much too late to do anything about it.

21 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Not one like...

player health is not on the head coach and Ebron definitely made a business decision.

BTW...missed your posts around here the last couple losses...where ya been?

9 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Not one like...

player health is not on the head coach and Ebron definitely made a business decision.

BTW...missed your posts around here the last couple losses...where ya been?

Everything is on the head coach.  There is nothing that goes on in a football locker room that isn't the head coach's responsibility.  That includes player health and safety. 

I know Reich is all about 1-0 but letting players play through little injuries is part of how they get big injuries.  And not even making an effort to be informed about a player's ongoing health is gross negligence of a kind I thought we had got past in this league.

BTW yeah I haven't been around.  Partly because I can't stand the negativity on the forum when the team suffers setbacks, but 99% of the reason is that my mother has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving.

11 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Everything is on the head coach.  There is nothing that goes on in a football locker room that isn't the head coach's responsibility.  That includes player health and safety. 

I know Reich is all about 1-0 but letting players play through little injuries is part of how they get big injuries.  And not even making an effort to be informed about a player's ongoing health is gross negligence of a kind I thought we had got past in this league.

BTW yeah I haven't been around.  Partly because I can't stand the negativity on the forum when the team suffers setbacks, but 99% of the reason is that my mother has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving.

Well I mean yea, I guess technically it’s all on the head coach, but if he has a training/medical staff that says the players is clear to play and the player says he is good to go, what do you expect the coach to do?

And sorry to hear about your mother, I had a few too many to drink last night and it was a poor attempt of poking fun. Gotta go try and get my foot out of my mouth now.

On 12/25/2019 at 5:21 AM, Imgrandojji said:

I find it a knock against Reich as it shows a lack of care, and to some degree empathy,  for his players.  I couldn't imagine not asking how the people underneath me are doing when I know they are hurt,  both physically and emotionally. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:29 AM, Imgrandojji said:

Sorry to hear about your mother. My father has been having similar issues. 

But on to your other points, I for one, dont believe that Ebrons injuries were as they seem. I see a lot of ego in Eric and his whole attitude noticeably changed once Andrew retired. He played differently, he tried less, and it was visible in his performance. 

Doing what eric did, was a business decision, not a health decision, and that's perfectly fine. The ankles were a surprise to literally everyone, and is a good excuse for outside lookers as to why he played so crappy all year beyond having JB at QB. 

Being a HC, you dont have to do every single thing when it comes to the team, that's why you have position coaches, that's why you have strength and conditioning coaches (who's job description probably includes asking about soreness or injuries) and also why you have medical staff. 

Not everything falls on Reich. He can only do so much when it comes to every single aspect to this team. Just something to keep it mind. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well I mean yea, I guess technically it’s all on the head coach, but if he has a training/medical staff that says the players is clear to play and the player says he is good to go, what do you expect the coach to do?

It's being reported that Reich did not consult the team psychic.  

23 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Curious... seems contentious to me. 

Yep I’m a little late on this but reading about it now. Maybe the way he bowed out before the season was over sealed the deal. I didn’t want to believe what some posters like @NannyMcafee were saying, that Ebron stopped caring the minute Luck retired. But now, I don’t know what to think. He seemed to still be committed to the team and wanting to play his best for a hot minute. When he was on his A game, I really liked what he contributed for us. Then it fell flat, back to Lions type of play.  But definitely don’t want him here if he doesn’t want to be here - this is likely Ballard’s thinking. I agree the whole thing seems contentious. 

• Thanks 1

Ebron is Pierre Garcon reincarnated. Maddening to watch. 

Throw it right to him and he'll drop it when it hits his hands. 

Throw it 10' away from him and he'll make a surprisingly difficult snag (sometimes). 

giphy.gif

Hopefully he got a free hand surgery with the purchase of two ankle surgeries

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Oh good thanks for pointing this out, I was thinking wow that is way too much even for a personality like Ebron! lmao

It’s real it’s from his Instagram 

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

That isn't Ebron's twitter account.  His is @Ebron85

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Oh good thanks for pointing this out, I was thinking wow that is way too much even for a personality like Ebron! lmao

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Oh your right I didn’t even notice. I just saw the blue check mark. Sorry

It’s real it’s from his Instagram 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:18 AM, indyagent17 said:

I heard that too that was pretty emphatic goodbye locker room problem

Seemed like his first year he was a leader and very well-liked in the locker room.  Other than him going to Reich's office and demanding the ball more (which I didn't think was a huge deal), I didn't really hear anything about him being a locker room problem this year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ebron has gone off the rails.

Okay I’m looking at this closer now it looks like he is responding to people who have personally said something about him. I thought it was him responding to the Colts organization about them moving on from him. These comments don’t seem as bad then if that is the case

He apparently had even worse comments that were deleted before anyone could screen shot them. Funny he is talking about wanting to go to the panthers. They have no QB and if Cam comes back he throws it just as hard as Jacoby. I also saw someone post a old comment where he praised trubisky. That would be funny to see him in Chicago. He doesn’t realize he is hurting himself. What team is going to want him. He has worn out his welcome on two different teams. He needs to delete all his social media. Stephen Holder confirmed that the colts were really ticked when he decided to IR himself.

I can see the mid season dialog between Reich and Ebron

Ebron:

"Coach, you gotta throw me the ball more often"

FR:

"Eric, we will need you to catch the ball on third downs and you will need to block more than you do"

CB:

"We are probably moving on"

No surprise on Ebron’s messages. I really, really enjoyed watching him ball with Andrew but, as someone mentioned, that ego fills up an entire room.

Colts fans need to do themselves a favor and stop giving him the attention. Starting to look like those hating Lion’s fans haha