Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock and Tell

MPStack

Tell is looking like a great draft pick. In the 5th round, you are looking for developmental prospects that have the good traits, Tell looks to have the raw tools to make a good corner in this league. Still has a road ahead, but he has had an impressive last few games.

Pity he didnt get that pick! The kid has a great leap.

• Like 3

The defense IS playing very well

The DBs are collapsing and REALLY helping to stop the run

Stopping the run...... and running the ball

Teams that can do both....... typically go far in playoffs

If we can stop the Texans, on Thursday...... we will be 2 games up,  on everyone else 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Tell is looking like a great draft pick. In the 5th round, you are looking for developmental prospects that have the good traits, Tell looks to have the raw tools to make a good corner in this league. Still has a road ahead, but he has had an impressive last few games.

Pity he didnt get that pick! The kid has a great leap.

Tell is relearning the CB position

Give him some more reps, I think he will be a starter 

Rock, Tell, and, Taylor have all played well for rookies.  I know Rock has had his struggles at times but considering he’s been asked to step in as The number two corner I am happy.  Add in Willis as a rookie at safety as well it’s really amazing the secondary holds up so well seeing as it’s depending on four rookies.

• Like 2

Bill Brooks is Willis' Uncle.

With Desir out, Rock and Tell have lined up against the 1's and 2's respectfully, while the coaching staff has kept Moore in the slot. So those two rookies have held their own.

Wilson will likely see an offseason transition to either FS or SS as Taylor has also played well in the slot too - thus putting us 5 deep without signing a FA, the draft or UDFA's next year.

Or Wilson could be used as trade bait too? Who knows...

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Rock, Tell, and, Taylor have all played well for rookies.  I know Rock has had his struggles at times but considering he’s been asked to step in as The number two corner I am happy.  Add in Willis as a rookie at safety as well it’s really amazing the secondary holds up so well seeing as it’s depending on four rookies.

Rock seems to be often trailing th wr ,vs. blanketing him, especially on longer passes. But he did play better today. Tell seems very promising.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Rock seems to be often trailing th wr ,vs. blanketing him, especially on longer passes. But he did play better today. Tell seems very promising.

He does alright.  There have been a number of times this year where he has played perfect coverage and the other team just made a perfect throw.  It happened today as a matter of fact.  I think he’s doing fine for a rookie corner that has been thrust into being the number one corner due to injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He does alright.  There have been a number of times this year where he has played perfect coverage and the other team just made a perfect throw.  It happened today as a matter of fact.  I think he’s doing fine for a rookie corner that has been thrust into being the number one corner due to injury.

I have been very happy since he was a small school guy

8 hours ago, MPStack said:

They played well today. Most of Foles yardage was in garbage time today. Let’s hope these two continue to get better. I still think the Colts need another DB, but solid effort from both and K. Moore against the Jags. 

Once they both learn to turn their heads and locate the ball. That will elevate their game to the next level.

• Like 1

Ya-Sin played better. Got away with a PI on that one deep ball.

I thought the secondary played better after the 1st quarter. They were getting shredded across the middle of the field at 1st and there was poor effort on that 1st Chark TD. Tell looked solid though. 

Pass D is still a work in progress but much better than weeks past, and this might even be the best I’ve seen them play all season.

10 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

That is the way the CB is supposed to play when their is safety help over the top.

Quite frankly, since the Denver game ya-Sin has been playing very well.

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Bill Brooks is Willis' Uncle.

With Desir out, Rock and Tell have lined up against the 1's and 2's respectfully, while the coaching staff has kept Moore in the slot. So those two rookies have held their own.

Wilson will likely see an offseason transition to either FS or SS as Taylor has also played well in the slot too - thus putting us 5 deep without signing a FA, the draft or UDFA's next year.

Or Wilson could be used as trade bait too? Who knows...

Trade bait ?  I don't think so... Maybe could get a conditional 7th... 6th at the highest. Way more likely , IMO, to be waived .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I thought the secondary played better after the 1st quarter. They were getting shredded across the middle of the field at 1st and there was poor effort on that 1st Chark TD. Tell looked solid though. 

Pass D is still a work in progress but much better than weeks past, and this might even be the best I’ve seen them play all season.

We're ranked 12 in passing D currently. Given all the injuries and high reliance on rooks, I'd say that's pretty fantastic. Now we've only played 2 great passing Os, and one was severely hobbled at the time, but we've exceeded expectation given all the impacts. Especially with Rock leading the entire D in snaps, and Willis leading all Ss in snaps. If you told me both Desir and Hooker would miss 3 games each, I would have said we'd be outside the top 20. Absolutely a work in progress, but the depth is pretty exciting.

18 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Did rock come back in game ,was following on phone at work ?

18 hours ago, MPStack said:

No, might have been precautionary for the Texans game. Hopefully, Desir is healthy though.

Rock got hurt on the pick. He was back out there to start the third quarter, but he was obviously hurt when he made that tackle, and he came out and didn't go back in.

If I had to bet, he misses the next two games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

We had some good coverage but were so so getting pressure with a 4 man rush.

Imagine playing such a solid Team D with Sheard, Autry, and Johnson totaling 1 tackle. And that was Johnson's late game sack. 
 Moore was as good as any player on the field today. 
 Loved our tackling by the secondary. It was special. 

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Whoever is making decisions in NY is just blowing it on these PIs. That no-call on Rock was clear and obvious and should have been changed upon review. Same thing for the no-call in the Texans game. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

You think Ballard would waive him in lieu of that 6th or 7th round pick from a trade? 

That is highly unlikely.

To clarify what I thought was obvious. ....

I said "maybe" he would bring a conditional 6th or 7th. Then I said , IMO , it's more likely he's waived. That would mean that Ballard couldn't get anything for Wilson, so he just waives him.

In any event , I don't think Wilson would be considered "trade bait." Usually that term refers to a talented player that other teams have interest in. It could be a player that has a big contract for a cash strapped team. Or maybe a team with a multitude of skilled players at one position. Garoppolo would be a good example. Antonio Brown is another. My point is ,IMO, Wilson has zero to very limited value in a trade. Hopefully I'm wrong . We'll revisit if you like and hopefully I will be proved to be way off.

• Like 1