Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MPStack

Rock and Tell

Recommended Posts

They played well today. Most of Foles yardage was in garbage time today. Let’s hope these two continue to get better. I still think the Colts need another DB, but solid effort from both and K. Moore against the Jags. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell has been a surprise to me and Rock's tackling is strong.

 

They should develop nicely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

They played well today. Most of Foles yardage was in garbage time today. Let’s hope these two continue to get better. I still think the Colts need another DB, but solid effort from both and K. Moore against the Jags. 

Did rock come back in game ,was following on phone at work ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell was so impressive today even on the touchdown he gave up just a better catch on amazing defense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coltfaninnewyork said:

Did rock come back in game ,was following on phone at work ?


No, might have been precautionary for the Texans game. Hopefully, Desir is healthy though.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell has been a huge surprise. We can now see why Wilson is being benched. He has caught on to playing corner very well. Hopefully rocks ankle isn’t serious because we need him to go Sunday. I hope Desir is back also

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell is looking like a great draft pick. In the 5th round, you are looking for developmental prospects that have the good traits, Tell looks to have the raw tools to make a good corner in this league. Still has a road ahead, but he has had an impressive last few games.

 

Pity he didnt get that pick! The kid has a great leap.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole secondary looked good today. Tell had some good pass break ups. Rock with his first interception. Moore with a sack and eight tackles. Hooker laying the wood. Willis all over the field. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense IS playing very well

 

The DBs are collapsing and REALLY helping to stop the run

 

Stopping the run...... and running the ball

 

Teams that can do both....... typically go far in playoffs

 

If we can stop the Texans, on Thursday...... we will be 2 games up,  on everyone else 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Tell is looking like a great draft pick. In the 5th round, you are looking for developmental prospects that have the good traits, Tell looks to have the raw tools to make a good corner in this league. Still has a road ahead, but he has had an impressive last few games.

 

Pity he didnt get that pick! The kid has a great leap.

Tell is relearning the CB position

 

Give him some more reps, I think he will be a starter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock, Tell, and, Taylor have all played well for rookies.  I know Rock has had his struggles at times but considering he’s been asked to step in as The number two corner I am happy.  Add in Willis as a rookie at safety as well it’s really amazing the secondary holds up so well seeing as it’s depending on four rookies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Did i hear announcer say Tell was Bill Brook’s nephew?


That is correct!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPStack said:

They played well today. Most of Foles yardage was in garbage time today. Let’s hope these two continue to get better. I still think the Colts need another DB, but solid effort from both and K. Moore against the Jags. 

I dont think we need another once Desir gets back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Did i hear announcer say Tell was Bill Brook’s nephew?

HA. That is Willis uncle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Brooks is Willis' Uncle.

 

With Desir out, Rock and Tell have lined up against the 1's and 2's respectfully, while the coaching staff has kept Moore in the slot. So those two rookies have held their own.

 

Wilson will likely see an offseason transition to either FS or SS as Taylor has also played well in the slot too - thus putting us 5 deep without signing a FA, the draft or UDFA's next year.

 

Or Wilson could be used as trade bait too? Who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Rock, Tell, and, Taylor have all played well for rookies.  I know Rock has had his struggles at times but considering he’s been asked to step in as The number two corner I am happy.  Add in Willis as a rookie at safety as well it’s really amazing the secondary holds up so well seeing as it’s depending on four rookies.

Rock seems to be often trailing th wr ,vs. blanketing him, especially on longer passes. But he did play better today. Tell seems very promising.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Rock seems to be often trailing th wr ,vs. blanketing him, especially on longer passes. But he did play better today. Tell seems very promising.

He does alright.  There have been a number of times this year where he has played perfect coverage and the other team just made a perfect throw.  It happened today as a matter of fact.  I think he’s doing fine for a rookie corner that has been thrust into being the number one corner due to injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He does alright.  There have been a number of times this year where he has played perfect coverage and the other team just made a perfect throw.  It happened today as a matter of fact.  I think he’s doing fine for a rookie corner that has been thrust into being the number one corner due to injury.

I have been very happy since he was a small school guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MPStack said:

They played well today. Most of Foles yardage was in garbage time today. Let’s hope these two continue to get better. I still think the Colts need another DB, but solid effort from both and K. Moore against the Jags. 


Once they both learn to turn their heads and locate the ball. That will elevate their game to the next level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see both astute drafting, and seem very quick player development. Really good signs for the future of this team. 

 

How sweet could this back seven be in a couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I see us getting rid of him and drafting or signing somebody else next year.

Rid of who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell has been getting better every game. 

 

Thank God Moore came back... he made that great pass break up to end their series. 

 

Hooker looks like he took the Ya Sin tackling class as well. 

 

Secondary has been looking good. Love that they are playing more man coverage!! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya-Sin played better. Got away with a PI on that one deep ball.

 

I thought the secondary played better after the 1st quarter. They were getting shredded across the middle of the field at 1st and there was poor effort on that 1st Chark TD. Tell looked solid though. 

 

Pass D is still a work in progress but much better than weeks past, and this might even be the best I’ve seen them play all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Calmack said:

Rid of who? 

Q wilson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

Rock seems to be often trailing th wr ,vs. blanketing him, especially on longer passes. But he did play better today. Tell seems very promising.

That is the way the CB is supposed to play when their is safety help over the top.

 

Quite frankly, since the Denver game ya-Sin has been playing very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Bill Brooks is Willis' Uncle.

 

With Desir out, Rock and Tell have lined up against the 1's and 2's respectfully, while the coaching staff has kept Moore in the slot. So those two rookies have held their own.

 

Wilson will likely see an offseason transition to either FS or SS as Taylor has also played well in the slot too - thus putting us 5 deep without signing a FA, the draft or UDFA's next year.

 

Or Wilson could be used as trade bait too? Who knows...

 

Trade bait ?  I don't think so... Maybe could get a conditional 7th... 6th at the highest. Way more likely , IMO, to be waived .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

Trade bait ?  I don't think so... Maybe could get a conditional 7th... 6th at the highest. Way more likely , IMO, to be waived .

You think Ballard would waive him in lieu of that 6th or 7th round pick from a trade? 

 

That is highly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock is lucky he didnt get hurt worse was watching the game highlights this am on the int a jax player dove right and his knee ankle twisted knee buckled looked real ugly . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ya-Sin played better. Got away with a PI on that one deep ball.

 

I thought the secondary played better after the 1st quarter. They were getting shredded across the middle of the field at 1st and there was poor effort on that 1st Chark TD. Tell looked solid though. 

 

Pass D is still a work in progress but much better than weeks past, and this might even be the best I’ve seen them play all season.

 

We're ranked 12 in passing D currently. Given all the injuries and high reliance on rooks, I'd say that's pretty fantastic. Now we've only played 2 great passing Os, and one was severely hobbled at the time, but we've exceeded expectation given all the impacts. Especially with Rock leading the entire D in snaps, and Willis leading all Ss in snaps. If you told me both Desir and Hooker would miss 3 games each, I would have said we'd be outside the top 20. Absolutely a work in progress, but the depth is pretty exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Did rock come back in game ,was following on phone at work ?

 

18 hours ago, MPStack said:


No, might have been precautionary for the Texans game. Hopefully, Desir is healthy though.

 

Rock got hurt on the pick. He was back out there to start the third quarter, but he was obviously hurt when he made that tackle, and he came out and didn't go back in.

 

If I had to bet, he misses the next two games.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ya-Sin played better. Got away with a PI on that one deep ball.

 

I thought the secondary played better after the 1st quarter. They were getting shredded across the middle of the field at 1st and there was poor effort on that 1st Chark TD. Tell looked solid though. 

 

Pass D is still a work in progress but much better than weeks past, and this might even be the best I’ve seen them play all season.

 

 We had some good coverage but were so so getting pressure with a 4 man rush.

  Imagine playing such a solid Team D with Sheard, Autry, and Johnson totaling 1 tackle. And that was Johnson's late game sack. 
 Moore was as good as any player on the field today. 
 Loved our tackling by the secondary. It was special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ya-Sin played better. Got away with a PI on that one deep ball.

 

 

Whoever is making decisions in NY is just blowing it on these PIs. That no-call on Rock was clear and obvious and should have been changed upon review. Same thing for the no-call in the Texans game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

You think Ballard would waive him in lieu of that 6th or 7th round pick from a trade? 

 

That is highly unlikely.

 

 

 To clarify what I thought was obvious. ....

I said "maybe" he would bring a conditional 6th or 7th. Then I said , IMO , it's more likely he's waived. That would mean that Ballard couldn't get anything for Wilson, so he just waives him.

 

 In any event , I don't think Wilson would be considered "trade bait." Usually that term refers to a talented player that other teams have interest in. It could be a player that has a big contract for a cash strapped team. Or maybe a team with a multitude of skilled players at one position. Garoppolo would be a good example. Antonio Brown is another. My point is ,IMO, Wilson has zero to very limited value in a trade. Hopefully I'm wrong . We'll revisit if you like and hopefully I will be proved to be way off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...