Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett Extended (Merge)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

If it is a 2yr extension with $20m signing bonus(might just be guaranteed not SB?)

2019 Cap Hit: $8.7m

2020 Cap Hit: $12.1m

2021 Cap Hit: $12.2m

Something like that. Still think it's goong to be new deal.

2019: $15m(guaranteed)

2020: $15m($5m guaranteed)

3 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Never said there wasn't. However, most would agree that most football fans in Indiana were fans of either the Bears, or the Bengals. When I was growing up, most local radio stations covered the bears. Even Q95 was mostly Bears. It was not until Harbaugh and that ridiculous run happened that more people in the state realized that we actually had our own football team. 

Remember the Mayflower 

People root for what they grew up With

45 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

This makes no sense what so ever.

This was my first, initial reaction, not knowing the details. But...

But 2 years extension for $30M? That's practically 3 years for $32M. That's a good veteran backup money. If Ballard wanted to retain Brissett (behind Luck) next year, he'd have to pay similar money.

Brissett will start for one year, for a backup money. Then he'll either be an extremely cheap starter (if he proves himself), or he'll be one of the better veteran backups - for the right price.

This makes perfect sense in my opinion.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

This was my first, initial reaction, not knowing the details. But...

But 2 years extension for $30M? That's practically 3 years for $32M. That's a good veteran backup money. If Ballard wanted to retain Brissett (behind Luck) next year, he'd have to pay similar money.

Brissett will start for one year, for a backup money. Then he'll either be an extremely cheap starter (if he proves himself), or he'll be one of the better veteran backups - for the right price.

This makes perfect sense in my opinion.

No,   it includes this year.    He is under contract through the 2020 season.    So 15 mill per the next two seasons.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Good on ballard for taking the initiative to give his possible franchise quarterback a pay raise when he really didn’t need to and showing FA's that you do your job and end up in the position to take over, you are part of the locker room/family and will be taken care of in a prudent manner. 

This is how I see this idea.....

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer 

... and a historically good defense.

So we only need Eberflus to put together a historically good defense in his 2nd season as a DC, from a bunch of 25 yrs old youngsters, and we'll be fine. Piece of cake. :D

• Like 1