Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett Extended (Merge)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, TheMiz said:

This makes no sense what so ever.

It makes total sense. 

Sin him up now for for at least 3 or 4 years. If he balls out this year, we have him on a great deal for another 3 years. If he is mediocre, we still have him under contract as a good back and let Hoyer go, then look for the new answer. If we extend him now it won’t be bank breaking. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chucklez said:

It makes total sense. 

Sin him up now for for at least 3 or 4 years. If he balls out this year, we have him on a great deal for another 3 years. If he is mediocre, we still have him under contract as a good back and let Hoyer go, then look for the new answer. If we extend him now it won’t be bank breaking. 

Yep, plus if he balls out this year he's going to be really expensive in the off-season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

This makes no sense what so ever.

you can't give Hoyer more money then Brissett. Also what options do we have? We're not bad enough to be in the market for Tua, Fromm, or Hebert. Their going one, two, and three

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Brissett is an average mediocre QB...he is not that good. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it, but I don't expect much from Jacoby this season, Colts are starting to look like the Cleveland Browns from about 3 or 4 years ago!

way off. go back and look at the terrible roster from 2017 and compare it to now. We don't need Brissett to be Luck for us to win

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is not surprising to me at all. I expect it’s going to be more money then what people think.  Reich believes he can be the guy. I trust them. This team is two close to start over.

It's nice to see they're "putting their money where their mouth is".  I was wondering how much of their expressed confidence was "coach speak" or damage control in the wake of Lucks announcement, but if they're willing to extend him before the first snap of the regular season it indicates their faith in him is genuine.  This is good news.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Brissett is an average mediocre QB...he is not that good. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it, but I don't expect much from Jacoby this season, Colts are starting to look like the Cleveland Browns from about 3 or 4 years ago!

Honestly, I think you have to wait until he plays a few games this year to say that.  This is a better team and better coaching staff.  If he whiffs this year I think you would be shown as right.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Can you explain why you think this way? What part of Jacoby's game does it seem like he is an average Quarterback?

You might be right, but me personally, I see the perfect frame, a strong arm, good mobility and incredible toughness in him. The questions for me are with his touch on short throws and accuracy on intermidiate ones. If he can answer those two questions, I think we'll be fine at QB.

Also, the Browns of 4 years ago would have LOVED an average QB haha 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you can't give Hoyer more money then Brissett. Also what options do we have? We're not bad enough to be in the market for Tua, Fromm, or Hebert. Their going one, two, and three

I just fear we are preparing ourselves for sustained mediocrity. 

Why not see what we got before locking ourselves in.

And guess it doesn't matter, since it's just been announced as done

• Like 4

Just now, TheMiz said:

We are only locked in for two years. That doesn’t mean you can’t drsft a QB to sit behind him a year if things don’t work out.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

One contract extension CB will not have to worry about during the off season

He is going to be very busy this offseason handing out those deals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

because if you risk Brissett having a good year, then instead of the deal he got now, we're talking a contract in the 25+ range a year

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We are only locked in for two years. That doesn’t mean you can’t drsft a QB to sit behind him a year if things don’t work out.

I typed that, before seeing that it was a two year extension. Looks easy enough to get out of, and is not long term. I'm cool with it.

4 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I typed that, before seeing that it was a two year extension. Looks easy enough to get out of, and is not long term. I'm cool with it.

Im sure it is a new deal. Not 2 year extension. Meaning it is in effect for 2019 and 2020. Be a FA in 2021?

Maybe though. Cant imagine their paying him $1m this season still.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Im sure it is a new deal. Not 2 year extension. Meaning it is in effect for 2019 and 2020. Be a FA in 2021?

Maybe though. Cant imagine their paying him $2m this season still.

Possible it is actually three years if you count this year. He is getting 20m Guaranteed so I could see his base salary staying at 2m.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Possible it is actually three years if you count this year. He is getting 20m Guaranteed so I could see his base salary staying at 2m.

Maybe?

Have to wait for final details. If so that's a solid deal for us.

3yr $32m deal. 

Doubt that is the case, but possible.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wrong

There a lot of Fans around before 1995

Never said there wasn't. However, most would agree that most football fans in Indiana were fans of either the Bears, or the Bengals. When I was growing up, most local radio stations covered the bears. Even Q95 was mostly Bears. It was not until Harbaugh and that ridiculous run happened that more people in the state realized that we actually had our own football team.