Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 minute ago, NM_Colts said:

Nope not just you. I had a bad feeling when I 1st heard about the calf injury and nothing I heard since that time made me feel hopeful for the season. I thought it would be another "down year" and that I'll just plug along and hope for the future.

Just going to plug along and hope Reich can work his magic with Jacoby (or Kelly). What else can we do? As a fan I'm not going anywhere. Any anger I feel is directed to those formerly in the organization whose nonsense decisions cut short a promising career.

I've been a Colts fan since the 70s and seen some of the worst football imagineable.  I dont think this is the same thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The selfish part of me keeps asking why he couldn't have just retired at the end of the season?  But obviously he felt like he'd stay in that whole getting drugged up, coming back from the injury, reinjuring same injury cycle the entire season.  Didnt want to do it anymore.

4 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Skip Bayless is breakdancing in his house right now. He’s anxiously waiting on Monday to rip Andrew Luck like is a kid is on Christmas Eve. 

Unfortunately, Andrew Luck just validated Skip Bayless' criticisms of him. He was looking like a clueless hater prior to tonight.  

• Like 2

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

For who..? I wouldn't want Tua or Herbert..

Like I said I don't know who will emerge from the college ranks ... there is usually a player or 2 that come on during the CFB season, Senior Bowl, etc ... Maybe its a FA, or maybe it's rolled to the 21 class ... regardless Zeke is not the missing piece we need to spend crazy draft capital on.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well we all knew this was going to be an important year for Jacoby to prove he could be a NFL starter.  We just didn’t think it would be for the Colts.  IMO while not a franchise QB you can win with Brissett and swapping Dorset for Brissett might turn out to be the biggest move Ballard ever made.  

I totally agree with this. Jacoby is good enough to be a system QB who, surrounded by enough talent, can win a lot of games.

This is a tough tough day for Colts fans. I can empathize with everyone on this. But, the best part of being a fan is when you get a total surprise. 

My greatest memory as a Colts fan came during the AFC Championship against the Pats. I was at a viewing party that night and about half the people left at halftime, saying "here we go again"..........but they were back and fully engaged by the start of the 4th quarter and to this day I dont think I had that much fun at a party. Not a single person expected to see what we saw that night and everyone was on cloud 9.

I hope the fans dont give up on the team. We have the right man steering the ship and hes done an amazing job. I was watching the rookies on defense very closely tonight and this guy can simply draft his butt off. 

• Like 3

Zero respect for the man now. I thought he was a leader but turns out when things get tough he quits.... real leaders with high character face adversity head on. He was a professional athlete who claimed to love the game but sounds like he was about the money. Peyton truly loved the game. Obviously Luck did not...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Skip Bayless is breakdancing in his house right now. He’s anxiously waiting on Monday to rip Andrew Luck like is a kid is on Christmas Eve. 

So is my * of a co-worker who is just waiting to pounce on me at work to rub my nose in the situation. 

39 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

I get that Luck was in pain with his ankle and frustrated with it.  What's curious is that a lot of people said he looked pretty lively in recent drills at training camp.  I'm not sure how one pulls that off with a significant ankle injury.

But given that the pain was real, why not just go on IR?  If the ankle isn't better by the end of the season, then that's the time to retire.

Good thought, but thinking further...what would be different for the Colts?  Andrew would still not be playing this year.  Since he retires now we have a full season to look at JB/CK and move forward without having to think that Luck will be back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmmm.  Where is "Capt. Andrew Luck?"

“Dearest mother,

Today, while I watched from a far, as my unit battled fiercely against the bears from up north, I decided I could not hack the shelling any further and resigned my commission on the spot, thus deserting my fellow comrades. I shall pursue a pass time hobby in colder climates.

Signed,

Former Captain Andrew Luck”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

The selfish part of me keeps asking why he couldn't have just retired at the end of the season?  But obviously he felt like he'd stay in that whole getting drugged up, coming back from the injury, reinjuring same injury cycle the entire season.  Didnt want to do it anymore.

This. And that he's close to JB and is giving him his moment. I believe Luck when he says going on would have been detrimental to the team. 

Not giving JB a fair chance and watching him leave while we suffer over the next decade could have proven to be very painful. I won't get my hopes up, but I take comfort in knowing this happening now versus limping through the season, and doing this next year right before the season would have been an absolute disaster. JB deserves what he is being given. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Peyton lived, sleeped, ate , talked football 24/7. Its a huge reason he was so good.  His physical skills were inferior to Luck.  

Yea and then he sucked in the play offs. Mayb he should have studied a little less  and got some sleep. 1 2 3....what is that I hear????  Oh yes, the Peyton Manning apologists for his below average play off performances.

9 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

get over it

You get over it man, we get it dude, you support Luck and his decision! Great! A boatload of people don't! We have every right to vent in this moment. Sorry you don't agree with our sentiments, you don't have to quote every person and tell them you disagree with how they feel emotionally, in an obviously highly emotional time for the fans/fanbase. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Let's face it, it was more than a calf injury, It involved the bone , and extensive rehab injury, that Luck did not want to take off another season to rehab, an maybe even surgery. Can you blame the man after what he just went through, with his shoulder ? Put your self in his place.  If you have one once of compassion , give him a break. You know that this was not a decision taken lightly. 

• Like 1

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

You get over it man, we get it dude, you support Luck and his decision! Great! A boatload of people don't! We have every right to vent in this moment. Sorry you don't agree with our sentiments, you don't have to quote every person and tell them you disagree with how they feel emotionally, in an obviously highly emotional time for the fans/fanbase. 

Here, here

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Money makes everything easier.     Glad he was booed for the absolutely inexcusable way this multi-millionaire left everyone out to dry.   He knows he never really has to work another day in his life.  Must be nice.

The thought process to say something like this has to be one of the most bizarre things ever. What does he owe you or anyone else? The man earned his money by doing his job.  He was good enough that he was able to earn millions. At the end of the day he stepped away from a game he didn't love anymore and was able to do it in one piece. Why slight him for that? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Mob mentality before the facts Mortimore!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

Let's face it, it was more than a calf injury, It involved the bone , and extensive rehab injury, that Luck did not want to take off another season to rehab, an maybe even surgery. Can you blame the man after what he just went through, with his shoulder ? Put your self in his place.  If you have one once of compassion , give him a break. You know that this was not a decision taken lightly. 

Bull. Luck said himself he had been thinking of retiring for a very long time now. I would have respected him and defended him if he hadn’t waited till 2 weeks before season and not told his teammates instead let it come out mid game