Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

First...  he didn’t take $145 million.   It’s closer to $102 mill.

Second....   whatever the number is, it’s not like he didn’t earn every dollar. 

Third...   players can live with being boo’d over performance.   But being boo’d over retiring is, IMO, pretty classless.   I said it then, and it holds to today...   I think it was a terrible look for the whole fan base.  By the way, I don’t believe Luck has ever complained about it. 

Fourth...   you’re entitled to whatever opinion you want, but whenever you read about players in any sport complaining about treatment from fans, don’t wonder why.  Remember your post here and the posts of others here who agree with you.   That’s what players will point to.  

Thanks for that.   I was incorrect on that $145 number.   It's actually $109 million.    He's set for life.  

He was being boo'd for retiring right before the start of the season and it was announced during a preseason game.   There really wasn't much booing either.  More people cheered him.  

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thanks for that.   I was incorrect on that $145 number.   It's actually $109 million.    He's set for life.  

He was being boo'd for retiring right before the start of the season and it was announced during a preseason game.   There really wasn't much booing either.  More people cheered him.  

I'm kind of amazed that the booing is such a thing to this day. 

Given the circumstance, I've never been overly offended about it. The whole situation sucked and letting the power that be know it- not a big shock.

• Like 1

Okay, I know this sound far fetched...

But what if the Colts actually have meet with Andrew Luck and he's ready to unretire and have told that to the Colts.

So Irsay and Ballard already know, they have Luck as their QB for 2021, but due to the free agency and coming draft, they keep it to themselves or because Luck have told them to shut up about it.

It would also be a very good secret to keep until after the draft, as they can target the player the want in the first round, while others speculate about the colts wanting a QB.

I know, it's very unrealistic, but since Luck´s retirement, I haven't heard Ballard, Irsay and other colts players, speak so much about Luck as they do right now.

Ballard is the master of smoke screens, and this would be the best kept secret in the NFL ever, if that was actually going to be the case.

43 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Okay, I know this sound far fetched...

But what if the Colts actually have meet with Andrew Luck and he's ready to unretire and have told that to the Colts.

So Irsay and Ballard already know, they have Luck as their QB for 2021, but due to the free agency and coming draft, they keep it to themselves or because Luck have told them to shut up about it.

It would also be a very good secret to keep until after the draft, as they can target the player the want in the first round, while others speculate about the colts wanting a QB.

I know, it's very unrealistic, but since Luck´s retirement, I haven't heard Ballard, Irsay and other colts players, speak so much about Luck as they do right now.

Ballard is the master of smoke screens, and this would be the best kept secret in the NFL ever, if that was actually going to be the case.

I don’t see Ballard as being a smoke screen guy at all.  Polian was, absolutely.  Ballard though seems to be almost transparent in his approach and what he is going to do.  It’s kind of amazing that he does it and does it so well.   

• Shive locked this topic