Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

28 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I generally have a good idea how the medical community approaches these things.

I also know Andrew has stated he would no longer skip rehab steps, nor accelerate his progression.  In fact, I get the feeling he may be reluctant to move ahead at times when it time to do so.  But if he feels pain, then it needs to be addressed.

But you can't go from walking boot to starting game 1 right away. Medicine isn't take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning anymore.

(just retired after 40 years in the healthcare business). 

I generally have a good idea about how the medical community approaches soft tissue injuries. 

Rest.

I generally have a good idea about how the medical community approaches unnecessary bones that cause pain.

Surgery.

Neither walking boots or surgery were ever mentioned as being part of the past or future rehab, so there seems to be a fair amount of smoke being blown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I generally have a good idea how the medical community approaches these things.

I also know Andrew has stated he would no longer skip rehab steps, nor accelerate his progression.  In fact, I get the feeling he may be reluctant to move ahead at times when it time to do so.  But if he feels pain, then it needs to be addressed.

But you can't go from walking boot to starting game 1 right away. Medicine isn't take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning anymore.

(just retired after 40 years in the healthcare business). 

The way Brexit is going here we might not even have the aspirin soon... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I generally have a good idea about how the medical community approaches soft tissue injuries. 

Rest.

Then after...

I generally have a good idea about how the medical community approaches unnecessary bones that cause pain.

Surgery.

What if the patient refuses surgical intervention?

Neither walking boots or surgery were ever mentioned as being part of the past or future rehab, so there seems to be a fair amount of smoke being blown.

Seems like some smoke everywhere.

I know little, for certain. Except that day when I hear Jim Irsay on live radio define Lucks Os Trigonum (in his own way) and Luck saying he is still pain and tired of using every offseason in rehab instead of recharge.

• Like 1

There's a lot of speculation and wild theories for why Luck retired, and when he knew about his retirement. 

I've watched his retirement presser a couple of times and in his own words, he's addressed these questions. Let's take a look at what Luck actually said:

1. He started out the presser with "I am going to retire. This is not an easy decision. Honestly, it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me. For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, ...injury, pain, rehab. And it's been unceasing, unrelenting, and it's been in season and in the off-season and the only way I see out is to no longer play football. It's taken my joy of this game away. I've been stuck in this process and I haven't been able to live the life that I want to live. After 2016, where I played in pain and was unable to regularly practice, I made a vow to myself that I would not go down that path again. I find myself in a similar situation and the only way forward for me is to remove myself from football.

He mentioned how much he loved the team, his teammates, and then went on to thank Mr Irsay, Coaches, CB, and his teammates. 

2. He mentioned that the thought of retirement entered his mind 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks ago.  This addresses the questions of why he did not retire earlier. During the 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, he had been having discussions with Mr. Irsay and Chris Ballard. Thus, the FO was not blindsided, and they did not collude to "trick" the fans to buy more tickets. Rather, they stuck with the plan for Luck to rehab, until the point that he was absolutely certain he was going to retire. This explains why he was warming up two weeks ago before the Browns game.

3. Luck noted that the lack of progress with his calf/ankle built up.

4. During the question period, a reporter asked, "was it the ribs, kidney, concussion, and shoulder that led us here?" Luck responded, "Yup." For those that blame Luck for walking away for just a calf injury, that theory is unfounded. It's clearly the accumulation of all of the injuries he's sustained, and the rehab and pain from those injuries, and now including the calf injury/rehab that has worn on Luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

There's a lot of speculation and wild theories for why Luck retired, and when he knew about his retirement. 

I've watched his retirement presser a couple of times and in his own words, he's addressed these questions. Let's take a look at what Luck actually said:

1. He started out the presser with "I am going to retire. This is not an easy decision. Honestly, it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me. For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, ...injury, pain, rehab. And it's been unceasing, unrelenting, and it's been in season and in the off-season and the only way I see out is to no longer play football. It's taken my joy of this game away. I've been stuck in this process and I haven't been able to live the life that I want to live. After 2016, where I played in pain and was unable to regularly practice, I made a vow to myself that I would not go down that path again. I find myself in a similar situation and the only way forward for me is to remove myself from football.

I agree that Luck was clear about why he was retiring.

You left out one statement he made that was very important. I'm not going to go look for the quote. But he stated clearly that his current injury was not healing like he needed it to.

Edited with complete list:

He mentioned how much he loved the team, his teammates, and then went on to thank Mr Irsay, Coaches, CB, and his teammates. 

2. He mentioned that the thought of retirement entered his mind 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks ago.  This addresses the questions of why he did not retire earlier. During the 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, he had been having discussions with Mr. Irsay and Chris Ballard. Thus, the FO was not blindsided, and they did not collude to "trick" the fans to buy more tickets. Rather, they stuck with the plan for Luck to rehab, until the point that he was absolutely certain he was going to retire. This explains why he was warming up two weeks ago before the Browns game.

3. Luck noted that the lack of progress with his calf/ankle built up.

4. During the question period, a reporter asked, "was it the ribs, kidney, concussion, and shoulder that led us here?" Luck responded, "Yup." For those that blame Luck for walking away for just a calf injury, that theory is unfounded. It's clearly the accumulation of all of the injuries he's sustained, and the rehab and pain from those injuries, and now including the calf injury/rehab that has worn on Luck. Including the fact that Luck stated, "I don't feel that I can live the life I want to live moving forward, and that's why I have removed myself from football."

5. A reporter asked about his warm up before the Browns game. Luck responded: "I thought that it might be the last time throwing at Lucas Oil Stadium, as a current member of the Colts team, so I wanted to make sure I go out there an enjoy it." As stated earlier, he had discussed the thought of retirement with the FO prior to the warm up. The plan was to continue to move forward with the rehab and stick with the schedule until Luck was absolutely certain about his retirement, which he was not at that time. There was not intent to deceive anyone.

6. Luck was asked if he felt pressure to play and not let others down. This, to me, is the most telling response. Luck stated, "In 2016, after that season in which I played through some stuff, I vowed to myself that I would never do that again. I got into not a good place and I felt that (again) over the past two weeks, and that's a big part of why I'm here today.

If we look at Luck's words, he retired because he was pressured to play through pain and continue to hurt his body and his mental well being. With the calf/ankle injury situation not improving, and the season looming, he felt the pressure once again to play through that pain and continue to hurt his body. You can also infer that there was resentment from Luck toward the team for pressuring him into this situation. (conjecture here on my part). It's been documented that Luck had cortisone shots in 2016 to get his body ready to play. He knows the dangers associated with this and other pain meds. It appears that it's forced him to make a decision to continue to play and buckle under the pressure, and betray himself, or stay true to himself and protect his well being.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But, as I stated, there's no corroboration to be found.  Just a rumor type claim, and someone reporting that claim.  Need someone or something else to back it up.

Evidently, this still supports he wasn't yet healthy, because TD also says-

"I talked to him for five minutes, and you could see the frustration that he wasn’t out there, but I left my five minutes thinking, 'Maybe not Week 1, but Week 2, Week 3, (unsure) he’ll definitely be there."

That tells me there was true rehab taking place (working out like a maniac) for a real problem, and said player was still making a real effort to return.  These were fitness/rehab drills, not real football practice drills. So exactly when did Dungy visit?

Nobody knows (except the treating medical staff) the true injury or injuries, pain extent, and if further (and/or continuous) setbacks occurred after such maniacal workouts.

It will be interesting to see if the DD thing is brought up at future pressers. If they come out and say it's nonsense, then I will personally forget about it. If they simply avoid/spin, then it becomes more believable. 

As far as TD's comments are concerned.....  I think it's fair to say that from what we've heard from TD, the changing status from the FO, and what we saw visually (no boot, no limp, drills), there's simply a lot of things that don't make sense. The narrative is a rather lose one. I get it, we're not entitled to all the details.... But the lack of those details will drive humans to do what human nature drives them to do.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:35 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I was in shock until the next day. 

Then I was angry. 

Then I was depressed. 

I thought I'd go to acceptance, but I think I'm back to mad, shock, depressed. I can't tell. 

Yes, I realize that I have no control over what a team or player does. Yes it's just a game. but Colts football is literally all I watch. I don't even watch other NFL teams. 

Still can't believe Luck did that.

So many questions. 

giphy.gif

Hey there Lolly, 

You were among say the first five friends I made on Colts Forum. I hate to see you in pain since I consider you my brother from another mother man. Yes, Luck's departure truly sucks indeed because it hit us all from left field & nobody I mean nobody saw this coming. Uh huh. We all feel like we are wandering through the wilderness in a fog because Luck would have won a SB with Ballard & Reich running our squad now. It just feels like Andrew's HOF pedigree wasn't reached & that's what makes this so hard to swallow. Things were really starting to click for Chewbacca man. He was releasing the ball faster, our OL was giving him time to throw & slice thru opposing secondaries, I wanted to see Devin Funchess take his career to new heights like Eric Ebron did in a new setting; our fan expectations for the team were so high & then the bottom fell out. It blows bro. 

Yep, this season feels lost already man. Believe me, I get it. Darn it. I'm really gonna miss Luck. I just connected with him on a strong level. I get it if fans are furious with him. Not me. I just feel like his legacy never got fulfilled that's all. Not my place to demand that of him I know, but Andrew was destined for NFL & yellow jacket greatness & I have no idea where to put those potential validations right now. Sigh...

Yeah, we all understand the beating Luck has taken under GM Ryan Grigson & the inability to protect Luck contributed to his decision to walk away from the game he loves. 

I sympathize with your anger & frustration buddy. To go from the highest of highs to basement cellar lows really takes the wind out of loyal fans sails no doubt. It feels like the world kicked you in the family jewels & no amount of ice is gonna ease, subdue, or alleviate this level of agony & excruciating pain. Hang in there Lolly. 

• Like 3

On 8/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, pacolts56 said:

Yep....those slopes can be dangerous....

"Wow, the boys took a beating on that one." :lol:

You ever notice that slow motion frame by frame replays add a whole new level of humiliation on TV?

My, my, my...Stay off skis ladies & gentlemen. 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:40 PM, Tsarquise said:

Jim Irsay ousted the Manning era for this. 

And most were on board. I still remember the ridiculous "suck for luck" campaign. Blew my mind that people were ready to ditch Manning for Luck. 

A lot of this is Jim Irsays fault. 

It's interesting to see the conclusion of that early 2012 decision. 

Simply put, if the Colts were not in position to get Luck, they would have never cut Manning. I'm sure they would have taken the risk and showed patience with the Manning injury. 

The argument from many people was would you rather have a few more years with Manning or 10-15 with Luck. 

Luck only ended up playing 2 more seasons than Manning. 

Lucks decision was absolutely selfish. His decision absolutely affects other players and the entire Colts organization as a whole. His decision is great for him. But it's not good for the Colts, especially the timing. I'm sure if they knew he wasn't going to stick around, they would have made some different moves in the off season. 

Good for Andrew. I'm sure Luck just doesn't love football like some of the greats do. 

Bad for the Colts

And bad decision making from Irsay. 

I'm sure I would probably retire, too, though.

Look, fans are fully within their rights to be ticked off that Luck will probably never play professional football again. Fans are permitted to believe whatever they want regarding our franchise QB's departure. I, for one, don't subscribe to this notion that #12 was selfish. It's not like he was sitting on this retirement information waiting for the worst possible time to mess with Irsay & tank our season on purpose @Tsarquise. Sometimes, it takes awhile to reach the conclusion I can't give anymore to this job. It's not a question of abandonment; it's a question of pain tolerance & never ending rehab with no light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. 

He didn't know he was gonna walk away months ago. He was still trying to rationalize that recovery was still possible. 

Really? So, because Luck walked away from the NFL you can adequately measure his Championship heart & lust to win a ring? Is RB Barry Sanders inadequate too since he left the NFL early too? You have absolutely every right to believe whatever you want; But, I would be leery trying to justify an athlete's heart & love of the game based on how many yrs they played & when they decided to walk off into the sunset. 

• Like 4

On 8/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, DougDew said:

Right, rest then rehab.  If it hurts when using it to strengthen it, then it needs more rest, or possibly surgery to remove the bone, which was not talked about.  A walking boot provides the best rest, not walking around like a normal citizen.  We don't know if he was ever in a walking boot or not.  I wouldn't want to assume that he was ever in a walking boot when I never saw him in one, and it was never reported that he was.  

Nobody knows, but we can add what we were told together to form an opinion.  Could be wrong.

Maybe like he admittedly screwed up his shoulder rehab, maybe he screwed up the ankle rehab by never resting it well enough....walking boot.

Ryan diem said he had the issue with that bone and when it was removed by surgery the relief was immediate.  I assume this was contemplated but who knows. 

On 8/29/2019 at 3:07 PM, Flash7 said:

6. Luck was asked if he felt pressure to play and not let others down. This, to me, is the most telling response. Luck stated, "In 2016, after that season in which I played through some stuff, I vowed to myself that I would never do that again. I got into not a good place and I felt that (again) over the past two weeks, and that's a big part of why I'm here today.

I relate to this personally.  My youngest is also now 29. In High School he played Tackle at 6’8”/330 lbs.  Invited to Combines in Indiana, Chicago, and Minneapolis. Even to an All Star Game in Hawaii.  Basically, could have gone anywhere, and had decided to stay near home and play for Franklin (I suspect because of his now wife).  Over Christmas, he came to me and said “Dad- I know it’s YOUR Dream for me to play College Football.  But, it’s not MY Dream.  My knees hurt constantly, one probably needs replaced, and I’m going to Trade School, and not College”.   Crushed me, at the time, but it passed.  He went to Trade School, makes over $100k turning wrenches for a living. Happily Married, three beautiful kids.

Just because WE have Dreams, sometimes we just have to roll on, when it’s not THEIR dreams...  pain changes things.  I wish Andrew all the Best, for a pain free future.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I relate to this personally.  My youngest is also now 29. In High School he played Tackle at 6’8”/330 lbs.  Invited to Combines in Indiana, Chicago, and Minneapolis. Even to an All Star Game in Hawaii.  Basically, could have gone anywhere, and had decided to stay near home and play for Franklin (I suspect because of his now wife).  Over Christmas, he came to me and said “Dad- I know it’s YOUR Dream for me to play College Football.  But, it’s not MY Dream.  My knees hurt constantly, one probably needs replaced, and I’m going to Trade School, and not College”.   Crushed me, at the time, but it passed.  He went to Trade School, makes over $100k turning wrenches for a living. Happily Married, three beautiful kids.

Just because WE have Dreams, sometimes we just have to roll on, when it’s not THEIR dreams...  pain changes things.  I wish Andrew all the Best, for a pain free future.

EXCELLENT post!

Great perspective and honesty, and probably my favorite post of this whole Andrew Luck business....and all the best to your son and his family! :thmup:

Perhaps as Colts fans...one thing that some of us (including me) may forget at times is that Andrew Luck was born and raised in a family that was very heavily impacted by football in general and the NFL specifically.

That doesn't mean he has to anchor the rest of his entire life and his identity in football for the sake of fans who do little more than pay time and money for the entertainment....which for us, is ALL that it is.

As the wear and tear of an NFL career has come more and more into focus....in some cases, tragically so....we may very well see more players come to this type of life decision.

And as glamorous as it may seem for guys idols like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning....who, we may think, agelessly live and breathe football with so-called "championship heart"....we're not the shot-callers for how long or how briefly they choose to play the game. 

Andrew Luck made his decision with wisdom relative to his life beyond football and its spotlight...and I'm happy for him and his family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

EXCELLENT post!

Great perspective and honesty, and probably my favorite post of this whole Andrew Luck business....and all the best to your son and his family! :thmup:

Perhaps as Colts fans...one thing that some of us (including me) may forget at times is that Andrew Luck was born and raised in a family that was very heavily impacted by football in general and the NFL specifically.

That doesn't mean he has to anchor the rest of his entire life and his identity in football for the sake of fans who do little more than pay time and money for the entertainment....which for us, is ALL that it is.

As the wear and tear of an NFL career has come more and more into focus....in some cases, tragically so....we may very well see more players come to this type of life decision.

And as glamorous as it may seem for guys idols like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning....who, we may think, agelessly live and breathe football with so-called "championship heart"....we're not the shot-callers for how long or how briefly they choose to play the game. 

Andrew Luck made his decision with wisdom relative to his life beyond football and its spotlight...and I'm happy for him and his family.

Thank You! Trying times, but, in the end, it's a game.  That's hard to remember,  at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Well said! Great example. Glad that your son is happy and living his dream. :thmup:

• Like 4

One week later.....and although I’m over it for the most part, I just came to a realization....I was at Andrews last game as a Colt in Kansas City, and at Peyton Manning’s last game as  a Colt in Indy against the Jets. Ugh. :Cry:Maybe I should stop going to games? 

Just now, MR. Blueblood said:

Somebody needs to get that man a dictionary.  Luck's decision was solely based on personal health (mental and physical), thus his retirement can't be considered selfless

I think it was pretty selfless towards his wife and unborn child.  I also think he let the team talk him into trying to work it out for far longer than necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think it was pretty selfless towards his wife and unborn child.  I also think he let the team talk him into trying to work it out for far longer than necessary.

Luck said himself that he was mentally broken, the cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab was too much and the only way to break that cycle was to step away from football.  He also said that he promised himself he wouldn't play through pain again.  I'm not saying he's wrong for retiring, I actually think it's the smart thing to do.  But you can't call an act selfless when the act was done to take care of yourself.  

On 8/31/2019 at 12:58 AM, southwest1 said:

Hey there Lolly, 

You were among say the first five friends I made on Colts Forum. I hate to see you in pain since I consider you my brother from another mother man. Yes, Luck's departure truly sucks indeed because it hit us all from left field & nobody I mean nobody saw this coming. Uh huh. We all feel like we are wandering through the wilderness in a fog because Luck would have won a SB with Ballard & Reich running our squad now. It just feels like Andrew's HOF pedigree wasn't reached & that's what makes this so hard to swallow. Things were really starting to click for Chewbacca man. He was releasing the ball faster, our OL was giving him time to throw & slice thru opposing secondaries, I wanted to see Devin Funchess take his career to new heights like Eric Ebron did in a new setting; our fan expectations for the team were so high & then the bottom fell out. It blows bro. 

Yep, this season feels lost already man. Believe me, I get it. Darn it. I'm really gonna miss Luck. I just connected with him on a strong level. I get it if fans are furious with him. Not me. I just feel like his legacy never got fulfilled that's all. Not my place to demand that of him I know, but Andrew was destined for NFL & yellow jacket greatness & I have no idea where to put those potential validations right now. Sigh...

Yeah, we all understand the beating Luck has taken under GM Ryan Grigson & the inability to protect Luck contributed to his decision to walk away from the game he loves. 

I sympathize with your anger & frustration buddy. To go from the highest of highs to basement cellar lows really takes the wind out of loyal fans sails no doubt. It feels like the world kicked you in the family jewels & no amount of ice is gonna ease, subdue, or alleviate this level of agony & excruciating pain. Hang in there Lolly. 

Very well written sir you hit the nail on the head.   This is exactly how I feel.   Because of my age I think the odds of me seeing the colts win a Super Bowl again is pretty slim.   I’ve already lived through those years between Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning and I just don’t want to go through that again and that’s what I see happening.    Thank you for writing what you did  and helping an old man get through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luvdacolts67 said:

Very well written sir you hit the nail on the head.   This is exactly how I feel.   Because of my age I think the odds of me seeing the colts win a Super Bowl again is pretty slim.   I’ve already lived through those years between Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning and I just don’t want to go through that again and that’s what I see happening.    Thank you for writing what you did  and helping an old man get through this.

Don’t lose hope friend, I truly believe Ballard will put something together soon to take us to the promised land!

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 2:57 AM, southwest1 said:

Really? So, because Luck walked away from the NFL you can adequately measure his Championship heart & lust to win a ring? Is RB Barry Sanders inadequate too since he left the NFL early too? You have absolutely every right to believe whatever you want; But, I would be leery trying to justify an athlete's heart & love of the game based on how many yrs they played & when they decided to walk off into the sunset. 

Barry Sanders said it was the losing despite his stellar play led to his early retirement. Plus the owner Ford and Sanders did not see eye to eye. I believe Sanders was trying to get traded but ownership wouldn't budge hence the early retirement...

On 8/31/2019 at 3:58 AM, southwest1 said:

Hey there Lolly, 

So glad to hear from you again boss, been missing you on here! Love ya brother! 

I was just looking forward to finally being a complete team and ready to finally smash the Pats in the face and then Chewbacca goes and quits....and in a extremely poor way. 

It all just made me: 

tenor.gif?itemid=14055895

Regardless, I'll root for our beloved Colts just like everyone else. I want to see Jacoby do well like y'all do! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, ojsglove said:

I was told by a friend of mine that works at LOS this is reason Peyton was in town last week.

Supposedly to talk with Andrew and find out if he was in or out

and offer his advice on how to proceed with his decision.  I was also told Peyton done this per a request from Mr. Irsay.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aaaea3ca8f2bdcda2d2

He was in town for about a dozen other reasons, but what you listed wouldn’t even make the top 500. Ridiculous. 

On 8/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, ojsglove said:

When it becomes public knowledge this week I will graciously let you retract your statements.

Hey chief, just wanted to let you know we’re still waiting on that to become public knowledge so I can retract my statement for your grace. 

bored over it GIF

On 9/3/2019 at 7:19 AM, lollygagger8 said:

So glad to hear from you again boss, been missing you on here! Love ya brother! 

I was just looking forward to finally being a complete team and ready to finally smash the Pats in the face and then Chewbacca goes and quits....and in a extremely poor way. 

It all just made me: 

tenor.gif?itemid=14055895

Regardless, I'll root for our beloved Colts just like everyone else. I want to see Jacoby do well like y'all do! 

Thanks man. It's nice to know I made a good impression & that the regulars like yourself want me back unlike certain relatives who always overstay their welcome around the holidays. LOL! 

I know brother. The Patriots love fest by the media is overkill on steroids man. Look, I get NE won again, but if I'm being honest, that SB is the most boring game I've seen in say a decade. Just being honest. Robert Kraft gets in trouble at an Asian "massage parlor," they win their 6th ring, & our Chewbacca calls it quits? Are you kidding me? What the hades man?  If you tried to write that storyline as a script, Hollywood producers would throw that timeline in the trash because it's too outlandish & unrealistic in nature. 

Like Krunk said in another thread, we finally get a good team around Andrew & then Chewy says, no thanks. I'm good. Very bizarre. Yeah, we all need to get on the Jacoby train & see where we are at season's end I guess. I get fans being bewildered & angry. Trust me. 

Always love your humor & take on things Lolly. :thmup: I'll send a forum email your direction soon bro. 

• Like 3

Just read what had to be the dumbest ever comment on the whole Irsay turning down the 3.2 billion dollar offer to buy out the Colts... it’s not letting me post the screen shot so I’ll type it out I guess. 

”What if Luck retiring is all part of a scheme to upset the indy fan base, so he could sell the team and then the new owner move it to say, Oakland?”

On 9/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, life long said:

Barry Sanders said it was the losing despite his stellar play led to his early retirement. Plus the owner Ford and Sanders did not see eye to eye. I believe Sanders was trying to get traded but ownership wouldn't budge hence the early retirement...

Doesn't really matter IMO since both Sanders & Luck retired early before their careers were far from over when they walked away. 

I understand what you are saying LL & your recollections are indeed accurate. I'm not disputing anything you said. Detroit will always be Detroit as a football franchise. They are only relevant during their traditional Thanksgiving game & not much else sorry to say. 

One could make the argument that the Lions suffered from inadequate front office management & a bare minimum--INDY should have never given Ryan Grigson a contract extension by our owner. I know; I know hindsight is always 20/20. Touche.

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just read what had to be the dumbest ever comment on the whole Irsay turning down the 3.2 billion dollar offer to buy out the Colts... it’s not letting me post the screen shot so I’ll type it out I guess. 

”What if Luck retiring is all part of a scheme to upset the indy fan base, so he could sell the team and then the new owner move it to say, Oakland?”

chris rock what GIF

29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You know.....with everything that’s happened lately....nothing would surprise me anymore.:dunno:  Although, I don’t  think Irsay would do Indy like that, maybe his dad, lol.

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

You know.....with everything that’s happened lately....nothing would surprise me anymore.:dunno:  Although, I don’t  think Irsay would do Indy like that, maybe his dad, lol.

Wooo hoooooo!!!! I was responsible for page 40!!!!!!! Man, I don’t know what to say, I didn’t prepare anything......I would like to thank my family......ummmmmm....sweet baby Jesus, all of you, ummmm....the Colts, ummmmm whoever I forgot, you know who you are!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Hey chief, just wanted to let you know we’re still waiting on that to become public knowledge so I can retract my statement for your grace. 

bored over it GIF

Keep waiting brother, it will come.  While you are waiting, I invite you to read some my other posts related to this unfortunate situation.  All comments welcome.

So I have just moved house and only just managed to get my Gamepass up and running.  Sat down to watch the new season of the "Film Room" sessions they do with Baldy and Jaws (could be its own cop show right there!).

Anyway, who is up first......Andrew Luck

Watching it now, knowing what we know, it makes so little sense to me what has happened.  Talking about his joy for the game, his health being great, his love of Reich, TY and other team mates......this was only back at the Pro Bowl!

Was an enjoyable watch, yet a painful one at the same time, seeing all these clips of NFL players talking about how much of a phenomenon he is.  Just had me thinking......

giphy.gif