Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Booing is how a crowd shows displeasure, it's not a direct attack on Luck himself. Granted, I think that Luck just unseated Paul George as the most unpopular guy in Indy. 

I'm pretty upset at how he handled this. I'm irritated at the situation too. Had I been in LOS tonight, I would've booed too. The timing is awful, especially now the season is pretty much over for the Colts 2 weeks before it begins. 

Over how? There are 52 other guys who would completely disagree...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I for one, doesn't care what any media jack does. I learned as a high school kid back in the 70's they talk up a small select handful of teams and ridicule and berate the rest, it's what they get paid to do. Andrew Luck did not want to play anymore, I think that's obvious. How does a mild calf strain linger for 8 months, then the story starts changing. Oh well, I want to thank Luck for some great Colt moments, especially that playoff come back against the Chiefs that is timeless. That fumble he picked up and dove into the endzone. I don't know who the next Colt qb will be, I'm not sold on Brissett. But, maybe this is why Reich said he wanted to be a top 5 rushing team this year. This defense can be top 5.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Good.  The bandwagon was getting too full anyway!  haha

But seriously.  This sucks.  Like really sucks.

And the way it all went down tonight in the middle of a game was just a gut-punch...  :tvsmash:

Yep and we’ll leave it at that.

time to rally up the troops, we gotta start over now

• Like 1

All I can say is I told you so.

Not trying to be an ***, but i told you so and i told you so. 

And I told you so.

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

You all called me an *.  Almost all of you.

What you say now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Could have been the NFL front office. They get a fax or a call stating Hey Andrew Luck is retiring as of right now. We will have press conference tomorrow. 

That then goes out to the media. Schefter tweets said info out.  This is the bad side of the social media world we live in today. Its only going get worse I am afraid. 

I wonder how fast that story travelled around the stands as the game was going on ?

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

Over how? There are 52 other guys who would completely disagree...

And of those 52 guys, theres one guy on defense who is a generational talent like Luck was. 

We just went from Super Bowl contenders to maaaaaaybe winning the division. Can we win games? Sure. Will we beat teams like KC or NE? Not a chance.

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

And I told you so.

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

What you say now?

Good job.  You were right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

And of those 52 guys, theres one guy on defense who is a generational talent like Luck was. 

We just went from Super Bowl contenders to maaaaaaybe winning the division. Can we win games? Sure. Will we beat teams like KC or NE? Not a chance.

And most of us will still be fans

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

And I told you so.

What you say now?

Keep it classy @threeflight  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

Now that most people have vented, maybe it's time to move forward, and really think about solving the problem of our future QB for the near future , with our team being developed. 

That could take years

10 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Do you not understand the difference between a wrong and right way to do things? Integrity?  Trust me I'm far from mad... I'm good with moving on and letting these guys go to work with Brissett. 

This has nothing to do with integrity.  He is paid to break news when he hears not when it’s convent for the Colts or Andrew Luck.  ESPN pays him what they do because they value having this kind of news first.  Had he gotten the news and choose to sit on it that would violate his integrity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, threeflight said:

And I told you so.

What you say now?

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

This has nothing to do with integrity.  He is paid to break news when he hears not when it’s convent for the Colts or Andrew Luck.  ESPN pays him what they do because they value having this kind of news first.  Had he gotten the news and choose to sit on it that would violate his integrity.

Well I hope ESPN is proud of how tonight unfolded in Indy.  :grumpy2:

• Like 2

OK Johnny U #1...….Peyton #2 ...I guess we will have wait to see if we ever get one that approaches the level of those 2 …….Hope it is not too long  (And BOY am I starting to feel the beginnings of pulling for this Kelly kid...…..No offense JB )…..That Kelly kid would be one heck of a story !

Just now, HOF19 said:

OK Johnny U #1...….Peyton #2 ...I guess we will have wait to see if we ever get one that approaches the level of those 2 …….Hope it is not too long  (And BOY am I starting to feel the beginnings of pulling for this Kelly kid...…..No offense JB )…..That Kelly kid would be one heck of a story !

Kelly reminds me of a better version of Jim Harbaugh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I didn't say it did.  Was just posting the odds for anyone interested.  

I know you didn’t    

Makes me think about the 2016 Princeton Community High School Girls Basketball team 

In 2015 the Tigers won the IHSAA 3A Title and the 2016 team went undefeated and won multiple in season tournaments and featured the State Career scoring Leader In Jackie Young but got upset in Sectionals 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, even a broke clock is right twice a day...

Nope.

I'm an athlete.

I play any sport unless I'm in in bed with a 105 degree fever.

I bowled a 750 series and couldnt tie my shoes because my back hurt so bad.  And I didnt get paid a dime. I did it because I love to compete.

Luck does not. Period.

His heart has not been in it since 2 years ago.

To quit on your team....2 weeks before the season?  Over an injury that no one can even tell he is hurt from?

Extremely disappointing. And just goes to show that all his talk about the team? Total nonsense.

If he cared about the team he would play out the year and then retire.

To do this now?  Boo the heck out of him.  He showed his true colors.

Loser.

• Like 2

Ok,

gonna put on the conspiracy theory hat for a moment solely for thinking out loud. 

i just  watch the Q and A and Luck said that he had been thinking about it a long time. What if he’d confided in Ballard and they had talked early this spring about such a thing and that could be a factor as to why Ballard didn’t go fully in and blow thru all that cap money in FA?

doubtful but something to ponder 

36 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Mark it down...the worst thing about tonight was that the news leaked and that Colts fans booed Luck off the field.

Ballard called it out, Leonard called it out, Luck admitted it made him sad. Be angry all you want...but that's not going to be a good look going forward.

Tonight's fan reaction was an embaressment for the entire Colt's organization.  I see Jim moving HIS team in the not to distant future, can't blame him, the blame falls on this selfish fan base. 

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Nope.

I'm an athlete.

I play any sport unless I'm in in bed with a 105 degree fever.

I bowled a 750 series and couldnt tie my shoes because my back hurt so bad.  And I didnt get paid a dime. I did it because I love to compete.

Luck does not. Period.

His heart has not been in it since 2 years ago.

To quit on your team....2 weeks before the season?  Over an injury that no one can even tell he is just from?

Extremely disappointing. And just goes to show that all his talk about the team? Total nonsense.

If he cared about the team he would play out the year and then retire.

To do this now?  Boo the heck out of him.  He showed his true colors.

Loser.

I feel ya. And hour ago, I was right there with ya. And I still agree with some of that. But still, let’s hold off a bit on rubbing people’s faces in your advanced wisdoms just a bit ? There will be plenty for that in the coming days.

Just now, ojsglove said:

Tonight's fan reaction was an embaressment for the entire Colt's organization.  I see Jim moving HIS team in the not to distant future, can't blame him, the blame falls on this selfish fan base. 

I do not see that one happening 

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh, they were deserved

So I guess Indy fans aren't all that classy after all, eh?  They boo a man for retiring after getting his body parts handed to him.

There is just a lot of emotion pouring out right not without rational thought.  People will probably look back at some of their posts and wish they could take back those words.  Hopefully everyone will have a softer thought process in a few days.

Folks have already given up on the season though we still have a very young and capable team.   If  Reich plays his cards right he could rally his troops around this adversity and use it as motivation to show the league how this team is better than one person - CB's mantra since taking over.  This could be a perfect storm for us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So I guess Indy fans aren't all that classy after all, eh?  They boo a man for retiring after getting his body parts handed to him.

There is just a lot of emotion pouring out right not without rational thought.  People will probably look back at some of their posts and wish they could take back those words.  Hopefully everyone will have a softer thought process in a few days.

Folks have already given up on the season though we still have a very young and capable team.   If  Reich plays his cards right he could rally his troops around this adversity and use it as motivation to show the league how this team is better than one person - CB's mantra since taking over.  This could be a perfect storm for us.

I don’t see it as them booing cause he was retiring. as I see it, they were booing and rightfully so after being led along a bridge made of full on lies for the past month and then some. Andrew himself said early last week that he was excited and was expecting to play in week 1. He even said that his love of the game was back....

the ironic thing about all this is that Luck got hurt snowboarding. Which if I’m not mistaken is also what happened when the shoulder injury occurred right? If so,  it’s big injuries were self inflicted, away from football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Here’s an interesting scenario, do we now look at making a trade offer for Zeke? Not that I am for it nor suggesting we should but is this a move one looks at now if your Ballard or do you stay the course

no got to keep those picks now lol cause if we suck we need to have a shot at a QB

• Like 1