Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)


boo2202
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Booing is how a crowd shows displeasure, it's not a direct attack on Luck himself. Granted, I think that Luck just unseated Paul George as the most unpopular guy in Indy. 

 

 I'm pretty upset at how he handled this. I'm irritated at the situation too. Had I been in LOS tonight, I would've booed too. The timing is awful, especially now the season is pretty much over for the Colts 2 weeks before it begins. 

 

Over how? There are 52 other guys who would completely disagree...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one, doesn't care what any media jack does. I learned as a high school kid back in the 70's they talk up a small select handful of teams and ridicule and berate the rest, it's what they get paid to do. Andrew Luck did not want to play anymore, I think that's obvious. How does a mild calf strain linger for 8 months, then the story starts changing. Oh well, I want to thank Luck for some great Colt moments, especially that playoff come back against the Chiefs that is timeless. That fumble he picked up and dove into the endzone. I don't know who the next Colt qb will be, I'm not sold on Brissett. But, maybe this is why Reich said he wanted to be a top 5 rushing team this year. This defense can be top 5.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Good.  The bandwagon was getting too full anyway!  haha

 

But seriously.  This sucks.  Like really sucks.

 

And the way it all went down tonight in the middle of a game was just a gut-punch...  :tvsmash:

Yep and we’ll leave it at that.

 

time to rally up the troops, we gotta start over now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I can say is I told you so.

 

Not trying to be an ***, but i told you so and i told you so. 

 

And I told you so.

 

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

 

You all called me an *.  Almost all of you.

 

What you say now?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Could have been the NFL front office. They get a fax or a call stating Hey Andrew Luck is retiring as of right now. We will have press conference tomorrow. 

 

That then goes out to the media. Schefter tweets said info out.  This is the bad side of the social media world we live in today. Its only going get worse I am afraid. 

I wonder how fast that story travelled around the stands as the game was going on ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Over how? There are 52 other guys who would completely disagree...

 

And of those 52 guys, theres one guy on defense who is a generational talent like Luck was. 

 

We just went from Super Bowl contenders to maaaaaaybe winning the division. Can we win games? Sure. Will we beat teams like KC or NE? Not a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

All I can say is I told you so.

 

Not trying to be an ***, but i told you so and i told you so. 

 

And I told you so.

 

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

 

You all called me an *.  Almost all of you.

 

What you say now?

 

Good job.  You were right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

 

And of those 52 guys, theres one guy on defense who is a generational talent like Luck was. 

 

We just went from Super Bowl contenders to maaaaaaybe winning the division. Can we win games? Sure. Will we beat teams like KC or NE? Not a chance.

And most of us will still be fans

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

All I can say is I told you so.

 

Not trying to be an ***, but i told you so and i told you so. 

 

And I told you so.

 

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

 

You all called me an *.  Almost all of you.

 

What you say now?

 

Keep it classy @threeflight  :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

Now that most people have vented, maybe it's time to move forward, and really think about solving the problem of our future QB for the near future , with our team being developed. 

 

That could take years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Do you not understand the difference between a wrong and right way to do things? Integrity?  Trust me I'm far from mad... I'm good with moving on and letting these guys go to work with Brissett. 

This has nothing to do with integrity.  He is paid to break news when he hears not when it’s convent for the Colts or Andrew Luck.  ESPN pays him what they do because they value having this kind of news first.  Had he gotten the news and choose to sit on it that would violate his integrity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, threeflight said:

All I can say is I told you so.

 

Not trying to be an ***, but i told you so and i told you so. 

 

And I told you so.

 

Any normal QB getting $25 M a year would suck it up and play.  I told you his heart wasn't in it.  

 

You all called me an *.  Almost all of you.

 

What you say now?

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

This has nothing to do with integrity.  He is paid to break news when he hears not when it’s convent for the Colts or Andrew Luck.  ESPN pays him what they do because they value having this kind of news first.  Had he gotten the news and choose to sit on it that would violate his integrity.

 

Well I hope ESPN is proud of how tonight unfolded in Indy.  :grumpy2:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK Johnny U #1...….Peyton #2 ...I guess we will have wait to see if we ever get one that approaches the level of those 2 …….Hope it is not too long  (And BOY am I starting to feel the beginnings of pulling for this Kelly kid...…..No offense JB )…..That Kelly kid would be one heck of a story !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HOF19 said:

OK Johnny U #1...….Peyton #2 ...I guess we will have wait to see if we ever get one that approaches the level of those 2 …….Hope it is not too long  (And BOY am I starting to feel the beginnings of pulling for this Kelly kid...…..No offense JB )…..That Kelly kid would be one heck of a story !

Kelly reminds me of a better version of Jim Harbaugh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I didn't say it did.  Was just posting the odds for anyone interested.  

I know you didn’t    

   Makes me think about the 2016 Princeton Community High School Girls Basketball team 

       In 2015 the Tigers won the IHSAA 3A Title and the 2016 team went undefeated and won multiple in season tournaments and featured the State Career scoring Leader In Jackie Young but got upset in Sectionals 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, even a broke clock is right twice a day...

Nope.

 

I'm an athlete.

 

I play any sport unless I'm in in bed with a 105 degree fever.

 

I bowled a 750 series and couldnt tie my shoes because my back hurt so bad.  And I didnt get paid a dime. I did it because I love to compete.

 

Luck does not. Period.

 

His heart has not been in it since 2 years ago.

 

To quit on your team....2 weeks before the season?  Over an injury that no one can even tell he is hurt from?

 

Extremely disappointing. And just goes to show that all his talk about the team? Total nonsense.

 

If he cared about the team he would play out the year and then retire.

 

To do this now?  Boo the heck out of him.  He showed his true colors.

 

Loser.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok,

 

gonna put on the conspiracy theory hat for a moment solely for thinking out loud. 

 

i just  watch the Q and A and Luck said that he had been thinking about it a long time. What if he’d confided in Ballard and they had talked early this spring about such a thing and that could be a factor as to why Ballard didn’t go fully in and blow thru all that cap money in FA?

 

doubtful but something to ponder 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Mark it down...the worst thing about tonight was that the news leaked and that Colts fans booed Luck off the field.

Ballard called it out, Leonard called it out, Luck admitted it made him sad. Be angry all you want...but that's not going to be a good look going forward.

Tonight's fan reaction was an embaressment for the entire Colt's organization.  I see Jim moving HIS team in the not to distant future, can't blame him, the blame falls on this selfish fan base. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Nope.

 

I'm an athlete.

 

I play any sport unless I'm in in bed with a 105 degree fever.

 

I bowled a 750 series and couldnt tie my shoes because my back hurt so bad.  And I didnt get paid a dime. I did it because I love to compete.

 

Luck does not. Period.

 

His heart has not been in it since 2 years ago.

 

To quit on your team....2 weeks before the season?  Over an injury that no one can even tell he is just from?

 

Extremely disappointing. And just goes to show that all his talk about the team? Total nonsense.

 

If he cared about the team he would play out the year and then retire.

 

To do this now?  Boo the heck out of him.  He showed his true colors.

 

Loser.

 

 

I feel ya. And hour ago, I was right there with ya. And I still agree with some of that. But still, let’s hold off a bit on rubbing people’s faces in your advanced wisdoms just a bit ? There will be plenty for that in the coming days.

Just now, ojsglove said:

Tonight's fan reaction was an embaressment for the entire Colt's organization.  I see Jim moving HIS team in the not to distant future, can't blame him, the blame falls on this selfish fan base. 

I do not see that one happening 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh, they were deserved

So I guess Indy fans aren't all that classy after all, eh?  They boo a man for retiring after getting his body parts handed to him.

 

There is just a lot of emotion pouring out right not without rational thought.  People will probably look back at some of their posts and wish they could take back those words.  Hopefully everyone will have a softer thought process in a few days.

 

Folks have already given up on the season though we still have a very young and capable team.   If  Reich plays his cards right he could rally his troops around this adversity and use it as motivation to show the league how this team is better than one person - CB's mantra since taking over.  This could be a perfect storm for us.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So I guess Indy fans aren't all that classy after all, eh?  They boo a man for retiring after getting his body parts handed to him.

 

There is just a lot of emotion pouring out right not without rational thought.  People will probably look back at some of their posts and wish they could take back those words.  Hopefully everyone will have a softer thought process in a few days.

 

Folks have already given up on the season though we still have a very young and capable team.   If  Reich plays his cards right he could rally his troops around this adversity and use it as motivation to show the league how this team is better than one person - CB's mantra since taking over.  This could be a perfect storm for us.

I don’t see it as them booing cause he was retiring. as I see it, they were booing and rightfully so after being led along a bridge made of full on lies for the past month and then some. Andrew himself said early last week that he was excited and was expecting to play in week 1. He even said that his love of the game was back....

 

the ironic thing about all this is that Luck got hurt snowboarding. Which if I’m not mistaken is also what happened when the shoulder injury occurred right? If so,  it’s big injuries were self inflicted, away from football.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Here’s an interesting scenario, do we now look at making a trade offer for Zeke? Not that I am for it nor suggesting we should but is this a move one looks at now if your Ballard or do you stay the course

no got to keep those picks now lol cause if we suck we need to have a shot at a QB

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If Raimann emerges quickly, I won't complain.  But I also won't complain if Pryor turns into a lockdown LT and we extend him.   But overall, I just want the best 5 on the field. And last season didn't seem like Fisher or R Kelly were in that group. Just can't let Ryan get clobbered like Wentz did. 
    • Every profile I've read on him talks about drops. He had drops reported in OTAs as well.  I've also watched several of his games. He's not a natural catcher. Especially away from the body.   I see your two links, and raise you RAS and a few other links. I've yet to find errors on RAS and the nflcombineresults.com site. The PFR site row of info looks iffy. It's void of several fields.    https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=30828 https://www.si.com/college/virginia/football/jelani-woods-stands-out-at-nfl-combine https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/20/indianapolis-colts-jelani-woods-workout-nfl-draft-2022/#:~:text=Woods came out of the,posted a 37.5-inch vertical. https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/2022-nfl-draft-player-profiles-virginia-te-jelani-woods/  
    • Colts to host 16 open training camp practices Myles Simmons   With Carson Wentz out and Matt Ryan in at quarterback, there should be plenty of intrigue for Colts training camp this summer. Fortunately for Indianapolis fans, there will be plenty of opportunities to see the new quarterback in action. The Colts announced on Wednesday that they’ll host 16 open practices at the Grand Park Sports Campus in Westfield, Ind. The complex is located about 20 miles north of Indianapolis. Camp opens on Wednesday, July 27 and runs through Thursday, Aug. 18. Practices begin at noon, with the exception of a night practice on Saturday, July 30. “We are thrilled to be returning to Westfield and Grand Park for another summer of Colts Training Camp,” Colts vice chair and owner Kalen Jackson said in a statement. “After two years of living with strict health protocols, we’re so happy this year’s Training Camp will resemble camps of the past when it comes to fan activities and player interaction.” The Colts will host the Lions for a pair of practices on Wednesday, Aug. 17 and Thursday, Aug. 18 in advance of the preseason matchup between the two teams on Saturday, Aug. 20. While Indianapolis’ training camp is free to attend, fans have to obtain a ticket for the event on the team’s website.
    • They had a S that was ranked as a high caliber FA this offseason, IIRC.  Maybe they signed him as a FA originally.  And they had a corner that was also a highly ranked FA possibility a couple of offseasons ago.  Not sure if they resigned him or if that player took a high contract to another team.  Either way, the fact? that they were both listed as highly desirable free agents at the times they were available and after playing with CIN speaks well of the FO.
  • Members

    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 18,910

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 5,570

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 1,047

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 10

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shaolin06

      Shaolin06 12

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 76

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mitch Connors

      Mitch Connors 552

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 335

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 1,986

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 1,971

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...