Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 hour ago, TDewar1987 said:

Why would Luck "announce" this in the middle of a game? I know he aint playing just sounds like something hed publicly announce first

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t ESPN broke it.  

umm, it was leaked first...

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

No someone on the inside broke it, which won't settle well for CB and company... 

I'm in disrepair... 

Andrew had no choice but to address it.  He was supposedly to tell tem mates tonight and press conference tomorrow.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No I got your point. You’re ignoring the point myself and others are saying. It’s not the why that has people angry. It’s the timing. It’d been completely different if he said he got news that the injury was worse and has decided to retire. No, he said he’s been thinking it for a while. Which means he lied to fans just days ago when he said his love for the game was back in full. So he’s a liar and a quitter, 

I am not responding to it, not ignoring it.  There is a difference. It wasn’t the point I was making.  It’s the point you are wanting to insert into everything tonight.  I get it.  I hear you.  I know why you are upset and if that’s how you feel cool.  I have nothing to add to that thus I didn’t respond to it, I responded to someone else talking about something else.  Not everything in this thread is about how you personally feel about this.

13 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Who said that team mates and/or co workers should be more important than health? However, when you make a decision to focus on one over the others, there are ways to make a much smoother exit that does not result in complete chaos. This wasn’t the way.

Had to be Irsay that leaked it...

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I am not responding to it, not ignoring it.  There is a difference. It wasn’t the point I was making.  It’s the point you are wanting to insert into everything tonight.  I get it.  I hear you.  I know why you are upset and if that’s how you feel cool.  I have nothing to add to that thus I didn’t respond to it, I responded to someone else talking about something else.  Not everything in this thread is about how you personally feel about this.

Never said it was but point taken

Just now, 18to87 said:

Had to be Irsay that leaked it...

Probably. That or someone very very close to him, his daughter perhaps?

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

As crazy as it sounds my wife thought he reminded her of Luck.  He looks the part, walks the part and has one hell of an arm. 

Some of his game does remind me of Luck.  But I damn sure ain't saying that's who he is.

I'd keep him around over Walker for sure.  I can't say too much until I see him playing against better competition.  I like him though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Ballard said the calf started over in Europe. 

If I recall there was a little picked up story on local radio earlier this summer that Luck suffered a high ankle sprain while snowboarding.  I don’t remember if that got discredited or not but I could easily buy it.

I got the notification as soon as it was posted in the 4th quarter at Lucas tonight... I had the more than an hour drive home with my buddies to listen to the press, and talk about it as we processed what the hell just happened. So here's what I'll say. 

Andrew was a special player that we could not turn down. We put him behind poorly drafted and put together o-line, rarely put him with the athletes he needed, and like Manning, with little to no help defensively. We let him get battered for years. We put an immense amount of pressure on him from the get go and he more than succeeded in every aspect. We should feel grateful for his contributions. He's making the right decision for hisself and family... and Let's be honest, for the team. We as fans need to suck it up and get behind this 2019 Colts, which happen to be the most promising in a long time. Rally behind Jacoby Brissett, who is a good football player and even better man. Or get off the train. Unfortunately, many "fans" will bail quickly. I will not. If Brissett plays his butt off and earns a longterm contract this season with this franchise, we will look back and say the timing was impeccable for this to have happened. We don't know what will happen. It will be much better than 2017, I can tell you that, so there will be games this season we are shocked by the potential, and their will be some frustration, maybe more than we bargain for. I'm getting behing this team and JB. PERIOD. Go Blue. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

People writing us off need to pump the brakes.

Football is the ultimate team sport and this isn't the Colts teams of years past. Ballard has built this team into a very balanced group.

If our defense can develop into a truly great defense we will have a chance to be a really good team. And I really like what I'm seeing from them. Banogu and Turay both looked really good tonight and I love our linebackers, which have always been the key to having a great defense. 

• Like 2

It might not be tomorrow but someday I’m willing to bet Andrew will regret this decision. Hope he enjoys his retirement and family...and thus I close the book on Andrew. Now I can see the difference between greatness and a good player. Peyton Manning had four neck surgeries, could never feel his fingers and basically willed himself back from a shell of a body to go on and complete his career. Andrew Luck...well he gave up. Two different mindsets...and us Colts fans know greatness when we see it. Sadly Andrew had the talent but not the desire...and I think that upsets people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoatBeard said:

People writing us off need to pump the brakes.

Football is the ultimate team sport and this isn't the Colts teams of years past. Ballard has built this team into a very balanced group.

If our defense can develop into a truly great defense we will have a chance to be a really good team. And I really like what I'm seeing from them. Banogu and Turay both looked really good tonight and I love our linebackers, which have always been the key to having a great defense. 

Did you see the Broncos after Peyton? Top 3 defense and they went no where

• Like 2

Just now, krunk said:

Do we even think Jacoby Brisett is Nick Foles?  That is now the question at hand.

We got a good team but I'm not totally sure.

Don’t know but if there’s a coach anywhere that can pull this out of his rear end, it’s Frank Reich. I can think of only one other coach who I’d trust to save this ship from sinking, and that man wears a Hoodie and lives in Boston

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It might not be tomorrow but someday I’m willing to bet Andrew will regret this decision. Hope he enjoys his retirement and family...and thus I close the book on Andrew. Now I can see the difference between greatness and a good player. Peyton Manning had four neck surgeries, could never feel his fingers and basically willed himself back from a shell of a body to go on and complete his career. Andrew Luck...well he gave up. Two different mindsets...and us Colts fans know greatness when we see it. Sadly Andrew had the talent but not the desire...and I think that upsets people.

Peyton lived, sleeped, ate , talked football 24/7. Its a huge reason he was so good.  His physical skills were inferior to Luck.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No I got your point. You’re ignoring the point myself and others are saying. It’s not the why that has people angry. It’s the timing. It’d been completely different if he said he got news that the injury was worse and has decided to retire. No, he said he’s been thinking it for a while. Which means he lied to fans just days ago when he said his love for the game was back in full. So he’s a liar and a quitter, 

CSMOPAR all summer long I had a uneasy feeling about this situation with Luck like something was coming down the pike and I always wondered if I was the only Colt's fan feeling that ….Kinda like the story we where getting all summer seemed just a bit grey area-ish or was it just me ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I think there is little to no chance of him coming back.  he sounded pretty done

hate to say it but i did think he would retire early, just not this early 

Whats he going to do , say I'm sorry changed my mind? He is done here , this was the point of no return.  Teammates wouldnt trust him anymore.