Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
boo2202

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

Recommended Posts

Just now, a06cc said:

Honestly I don’t know how to feel. Is this a joke?

That's how I'm feeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Indy_Mike said:

I guarantee you Josh McDaniels is ROTFL right now!

Oh for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, Luck staying in Indy is likely a very very very bad idea for him and his family. He won’t be able to go anywhere without being harassed by someone somewhere. 

Sure you will have people who will be jerks but most people in Indianapolis don’t live their life around if the starting QB of the Colts is Andrew Luck or not and aren’t going to bother him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you imagine if Florio was right...and the Colts end up giving big money to Brissett? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fans are never going to trust this organization again.

1 man did this.

Has NOTHING to do woth organization.

Dont make this some bog conspiracy theory.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

Going to be a whole lot of season ticket holders not being one next year.

 

I'm stuck one more year with these club seats and I won't be renewing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krunk said:

I just wonder how much more rehabbing and pain he had to go through to be ready?  It must be much more than they are reporting. He definitely had a that's it I'm done with this vibe to him in that presser.  Almost like he got worse news about the injury than he was expecting and just said I can't do it anymore.

I think the idea is that no matter how much rehab he was doing, there was no progress being made. I just feel like he's sick of having to constantly stress about getting healthy in time to reach a deadline, and he's sick of getting dealing with the injury process in general.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

I guarantee you Josh McDaniels is ROTFL right now!

And sadly, Josh McDaniels is no longer the most hated man in Indianapolis 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm gonna take a break from the boards for a while.  Amazed at the level of toxicity.  Time for a dandilion break.

dandelionbreak.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

Could you imagine if Florio was right...and the Colts end up giving big money to Brissett? 

Will be interesting if he gets it soon or we wait to see how the season goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

I dont understand why he didnt just have corrective surgery and take the year off....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Exactly.  I sensed this about Andrew a long time ago.  Though this is shocking news I can't say that I am that surprised that he called it quits early.  

 

I figured if he was going to retire he would have done it early in training camp, so this was a shocker to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is Luck has more time for his book club. I wonder what book he will recommend next... perhaps The Art of the Deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said this way back 5-6 years ago. Andrew was too smart for this game to beat him down. He took an butt wipping. The Colts front office knew about this in the middle of last year. I think they were hoping for another year or a changing of his mind.

I think he wanted to leave last year. Irsay wants to sell tickets. The head coach was probably kept in the dark so he would come here in the first place. Maybe, just maybe, this was the reason the new england coach backed out. This is why I quit watching the game folks. Dont blame Andrew, he was only part of the whole conspiracy going to the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Sure you will have people who will be jerks but most people in Indianapolis don’t live their life around if the starting QB of the Colts is Andrew Luck or not and aren’t going to bother him.  

No but I don’t know if you remember when Reggie Miller was debating retiring early, then someone burnt his house down. I don’t know if they ever caught that guy or even if it matters but the point is, it’d only take one lunatic that’s obsessed with him or the Colts to do something very bad. 

 

For andrews sake, I hope no one does something stupid or evil. I’m mad at him, but he deserves to move on in peace. And that should be out of this state

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finch23 said:

Man this is just crushing. I became a Colts fan in 2000 because of Peyton Manning and was loyal ever since. I have no ties to Indianapolis but stayed loyal because I was such a big Luck fan. I just cant see myself rooting for this team anymore especially since I think Jacoby is trash. I wish you guys the best of..... L**k in the coming seasons. Farewell #ColtsNation

Good riddance and good luck.

PS, you seem like you would fit in nicely at PatsNation.com.

Give it a try.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Family, ones health is way more important then your team mates and/ or co workers. 

So why not do this a month ago.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But yet is still probably more dangerous than most people’s here.  Luck said it tonight he’s still in pain.  Now pretend you physically hurt to do your job and you didn’t have to do that job to earn a living and that pain had driven the love for your job away.  What would you do?  Just about everyone would walk away.  That’s what Luck did.

 

I get it.  It stinks it hurts and the timing really stinks but I understand it.  

It's far more dangerous.

 

I have a dangerous job. I am a high voltage electrician. More electricians die than almost any other profession. It's actually very common.

 

But being in physical pain isn't apart of my everyday work life. 

 

Apples and oranges. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay talking about being as confused as fans.  Irsay is truly speaking from the heart.  May have gone into a little too much detail however talking about the pro-bowl and what happened from there, hmmm.  was he rambling or just as mystified as all of us right now?  Irsay talking about Andrew Luck leaving a half a billion dollars on the table.  Also hinting on other people coming out of retirement. wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chad Kelly has to stay now.  He has more upside than Jacoby.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Oh for sure. 

 

That’s a HC and a franchise QB that have quit on the Colts in the past year and a half. Just wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

So why not do this a month ago.

I agree. Bad timing. Only thing I'm upset about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont understand why he didnt just have corrective surgery and take the year off....

 

Uh, the rehab process doesn't exactly get easier or better in your 30s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Can never trust this organization again.

 

How many times are you going to post the same silly comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Do your big projects involve literally risking your physical health?

 

No.

 

Stop comparing yourself to a football player.

 

Lmao how would you know? 

 

Just because you wanna play the game and assume everything about me, I'll bring you into the light.  I worked for 4 years at an oilfield company where my life was at risk every day. Whether it was pressure or joints or explosions.  I did this because in my area the only way in which you can afford college is to go to the oilfield. I did this while having the highest marks of my entire computer engineer class and also being a college level soccer player who was invited to play at the ODP (Olympic development program). Which I had multiple opportunities to go professional but declined because I had a family early in life.  

 

I quit on none of them and did what was best of me the right way never during season never during the job and always with notice and good graces. I now work as a network engineer for one of the biggest distributors in the world for frac sand and have developed and designed some of the only active micro dish connected automation environments on the planet.  

 

So yea if anyone could say I've been there I'd say it's me. And I was a poor kid from a less than 8000 population town. 

 

Yes Andrew luck is a quitter. I'll stand by it and repeat it. There's a proper time and place to do things and he did not. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

 

I figured if he was going to retire he would have done it early in training camp, so this was a shocker to me.  

I'm shocked that he did it like this and now.  But down the road I had my doubts he would play a long time.  Just never sensed he had a deep passion for the game.  When he was drafted I remember he said.."Well...we'll see how it goes."  That hit me funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nobody said:

This is horrendous. We're going to be stuck in purgatory with no shot at any top QBs. OL is finally good, just in time for this. With our luck it'll be back to bad once we actually have another QB. This sets us back a half decade if we're lucky, decades if not. This is the most painful news in Colts history, counting Peyton's retirement.

Build the lines.  Build the D and insert competent qb.  U can win that way.  Teams have fallen in love with top tier star war # qbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Oh I'm sure. The internet is fun! 

 

Hes not your teammate. Go ask the guys who play what they think. You're opinion is invalid.

So is yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No but I don’t know if you remember when Reggie Miller was debating retiring early, then someone burnt his house down. I don’t know if they ever caught that guy or even if it matters but the point is, it’d only take one lunatic that’s obsessed with him or the Colts to do something very bad. 

 

For andrews sake, I hope no one does something stupid or evil. I’m mad at him, but he deserves to move on in peace. And that should be out of this state

I’ve always heard that was someone who had a personal issue with Miller and was close to him and it had nothing to do with basketball.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably won't be this year but I feel like he'll end up coming back once he clears his mind a bit and has some time away from the game. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve always heard that was someone who had a personal issue with Miller and was close to him and it had nothing to do with basketball.

Very possible. Either way, he should really think about that decision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

NFL QB is probably at the bottom of the list of most dangerous jobs.  

It’s literally at the bottom of the list for most dangerous NFL positions. With current rules you breath wrong on a qb you just about get thrown out of the league. 

Ive moved on. He comes from a millionaire family and made millions more. I feel nothing for him. He had an opportunity for greatness but in the end left me with no meaningful memories. He’s a regular joe..well a rich regular joe but a regular joe. I’ve got bigger things to worry about than some rich dude crying about how tough his life is. Just glad he didn’t go through the motions this year. At least I don’t have to waste time investing my time in a guy that had one foot out the door. Good luck Andrew. I think you will regret your decision.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

 

Lmao how would you know? 

 

Just because you wanna play the game and assume everything about me, I'll bring you into the light.  I worked for 4 years at an oilfield company where my life was at risk every day. Whether it was pressure or joints or explosions.  I did this because in my area the only way in which you can afford college is to go to the oilfield. I did this while having the highest marks of my entire computer engineer class and also being a college level soccer player who was invited to play at the ODP (Olympic development program). Which I had multiple opportunities to go professional but declined because I had a family early in life.  

 

I quit on none of them and did what was best of me the right way never during season never during the job and always with notice and good graces. I now work as a network engineer for one of the biggest distributors in the world for frac sand and have developed and designed some of the only active micro dish connected automation environments on the planet.  

 

So yea if anyone could say I've been there I'd say it's me. And I was a poor kid from a less than 8000 population town. 

 

Yes Andrew luck is a quitter. I'll stand by it and repeat it. There's a proper time and place to do things and he did not. 

Sooooo, you QUIT playing soccer? What about your team?

 

Wow. What a surprise. You're a hypocrite as well.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

You earned it. By being a complete *.

 

Whether or not Andrew Luck screwed the Colts is for the Indianapolis Colts to decide. And I guarantee you there arent many of them who feel as strongly as you do, because they know what it takes to play a single NFL game and understand his decision.

 

Buddy you couldn't handle the preparations let alone the game.

 

Lmao. You are quite funny. Because I call him a quitter I feel strongly? I guess? I mean life is gonna continue and it effects me very little. What does effect me and (I actually agree with you it probably shouldn't) is how much everyone is idolizing this quitter and saying it's ok. For some reason that irks me. Oh well have fun assuming all you want about me. It shows how out of depth you really are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that hope we had coming into the season literally just went down the drain.. literally can’t stop thinking about this. I’m so mad. We are screwed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...