Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

Andrew told us exactly why he is retiring:

'He felt “stuck” in a cycle of rehab. Injury has “taken my joy of this game away.”'

It is NOT Andrew who has let the Colts down.

It is the Colts org, especially Grigson/Pagano. who had let Andrew down.

Without all the injuries and rehab he would still be here for years.

We should be grateful for the years he played here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

He can definitely change his profession. Just like you and I can the proper way. By putting our 2 weeks in or in my case giving enough notice to finish big projects. 

If you walk out of a job with no notice you are a quitter.

If you quit the job properly because there is a risk to your health then you are a smart individual.  This is t rocket science lol.  

Do your big projects involve literally risking your physical health?

No.

Stop comparing yourself to a football player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fans are never going to trust this organization again.

I disagree. This wasn’t on the Colts, Luck made The decision today, you can tell even Reich was blindsided. No, this one is squarely on Luck. 

Anyone got that number to Mayflower trucking? We got a clown who needs moved before midnight out of the state

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Well we all knew this was going to be an important year for Jacoby to prove he could be a NFL starter.  We just didn’t think it would be for the Colts.  IMO while not a franchise QB you can win with Brissett and swapping Dorset for Brissett might turn out to be the biggest move Ballard ever made.  

Agreed

I'd be ok with using our 1st and 2nd to move up for a QB.  Or even take one in 1st AND 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd.  I like Jacoby, but i wouldnt give him a big contract.  He hasnt showed me enuff.

See how this year goes.  If he looks good, try to do a deal b4 season end.  If not, draft a couple and Kelly can possibly bridge gap.  

On the bright side, this should free up ALOT of $.

There is one thing i do feel good about.  That Ballard is working this problem as we speak.

Ballard was cold-cocked by McDinglefart and came out smelling good.  He'll figure this out.

Who knows, maybe this will end up being better than working with a beat-up year-after-year Luck.  It does change my view (rearview) of letting Manning go for Luck.

• Like 2

Brissett is a decent QB and may be able to lead the team to success, but he showed in 2017 that he cannot close games and he can't make the money throws that an Andrew or any other elite QB can make.

Our team is strong enough to keep us in games, it'll be interesting to see if Brissett can finish close games this year as he hasn't looked too good in training camp and preseason so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

Do your big projects involve literally risking your physical health?

No.

Stop comparing yourself to a football player.

Mine does. Mine literally involves life and death. So yeah, Luck is a coward and quitter. And crappy teammate. 

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

I mean right when we finally get the kind of team around him we always wanted the whole plan goes left.  I can get over this and it's only a game but OOOOH Damn this Hurts!!!

This is why when people complain that the Colts only won one Super Bowl with Peyton I always said I am glad I got to live to see to them win one because it’s so hard for everything to come together to win a Super Bowl, anything can go wrong and derail the whole thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Sorry just had to add. I find it hilarious as you berate me for "calling luck a name" while you assume my "stupidity" and name calling. 

Lol funny stuff. 

You earned it. By being a complete *.

Whether or not Andrew Luck screwed the Colts is for the Indianapolis Colts to decide. And I guarantee you there arent many of them who feel as strongly as you do, because they know what it takes to play a single NFL game and understand his decision.

Buddy you couldn't handle the preparations let alone the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Brissett is a decent QB and may be able to lead the team to success, but he showed in 2017 that he cannot close games and he can't make the money throws that an Andrew or any other elite QB can make.

Our team is strong enough to keep us in games, it'll be interesting to see if Brissett can finish close games this year as he hasn't looked too good in training camp and preseason so far.

We are not a playoff team with Jacoby..

Not in our division

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nulled said:

Ok, i was just able to cancel my Sunday Ticket.

Does anyone know if i'm gonna have any luck canceling a non-refundable airline ticket and hotel reservation in Indy?

Unless you booked through a travel agency, with the insurance, unlikely that you’ll get anything back

Irsay took too long to bring in CB & Reich.  Luck carried us for years saddled by Grison & Pagano.  The guy has taken some serious damage for the Horseshoe.  Finished a game with a lacerated kidney.  He’s a genuine dude.  I hate the timing but the guy has been a warrior for us.  He’s got nothing but love & respect from me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I just wonder how much more rehabbing and pain he had to go through to be ready?  It must be much more than they are reporting. He definitely had a that's it I'm done with this vibe to him in that presser.  Almost like he got worse news about the injury than he was expecting and just said I can't do it anymore.

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

NFL QB is probably at the bottom of the list of most dangerous jobs.  

But yet is still probably more dangerous than most people’s here.  Luck said it tonight he’s still in pain.  Now pretend you physically hurt to do your job and you didn’t have to do that job to earn a living and that pain had driven the love for your job away.  What would you do?  Just about everyone would walk away.  That’s what Luck did.

I get it.  It stinks it hurts and the timing really stinks but I understand it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I disagree. This wasn’t on the Colts, Luck made The decision today, you can tell even Reich was blindsided. No, this one is squarely on Luck. 

Anyone got that number to Mayflower trucking? We got a clown who needs moved before midnight out of the state

It really is sad that people think like this. With thoughts like this and the "fans" that were booing him, I am glad he walked away. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I just wonder how much more rehabbing and pain he had to go through to be ready?  It must be much more than they are reporting. He definitely had a that's it I'm done with this vibe to him in that presser.  Almost like he got worse news about the injury than he was expecting and just said I can't do it anymore.

If he’d come out and said that, I would have taken every mean thing I just said about him back. But no, he said he’s been debating this a while. 

Man this is just crushing. I became a Colts fan in 2000 because of Peyton Manning and was loyal ever since. I have no ties to Indianapolis but stayed loyal because I was such a big Luck fan. I just cant see myself rooting for this team anymore especially since I think Jacoby is trash. I wish you guys the best of..... L**k in the coming seasons. Farewell #ColtsNation

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It sounds like he knew he would have at the very least retired at the end of this season anyways. He said he had a feeling this would've been his last season throwing at Lucas Oil.

Honestly, this makes me feel so much less paranoid for thinking he'd potentially retire early. People were blasting that idea but anytime he's talked or given interviews it just seemed like he could call it quits at any moment.

Exactly.  I sensed this about Andrew a long time ago.  Though this is shocking news I can't say that I am that surprised that he called it quits early.  

• Like 1