Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

Good thing we have the draft capital to move up and draft a QB next year. The question is who?

The next question is looking at Ballard and Dodds history, the Bears sucked at drafting QB's.....the Chiefs did too until they hit on Mahomes (after Ballard left) and the Seahawks obviously hit on Wilson.

Hopefully they can put their heads together and hit another draft homerun with a QB next year.....

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why should he? Luck has played the fans and this team for fools for a month. Take your high horse elsewhere. What Luck just did to this team, regardless of reason, is the lowest of the low. I put this on the same level of the Josh McDaniels bull crap

I am trying not to agree with you CSMOPAR but my gut knows I will in the long run !

• Like 1

Just now, HOF19 said:

Johnny Unitas led the Colts to three NFL championships (1958, 1959, 1968) and one Super Bowl victory...…..That's 4 RINGS !!!!!!!!!

So you really think that Manning wasn’t any good?

johnny U and Peyton Manning are both top five all time in my book so it’s not like the Colts have had nothing but Jeff George’s since Johnny U was here.

21 minutes ago, CamMo said:

How is he out there, warming up pre-game and ish??? He obviously talked to Jim about it before now. Just a show to sell tickets? 

No I think with how shocked the whole world is, this is something Andrew Luck told Jim Irsay before the game started today. It'll be interesting to hear what Irsay and Luck say themselves.

5 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Some of you should be embarrassed by your responses.

There is more to life than Football and Luck owes you nothing.

He gave this franchise his best every chance he could and put this organization in positions it had no right to be in. I wish him the best, a happy life, and good health.

Thanks, Andrew.

So true

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Luck doesn't owe the fans anything. No athlete does.

He should do what's best for him and his family and live the life he wants. 

And if he isn't all in on football I would rather get this over with and move on as a Colts fan.

He owes it to his teammate and his fanbase to not screw the team and the fans a couple of weeks before the season.  This was not a snap decision made by him.  Quitting has been on his mind and he should have quit when it first crept into his mind.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

So Luck just decided this? Lots of nonsense spewed this entire TC...from multiple people in this org. Pretty difficult to trust them again.

From all indications, Luck just surprised the team with this nonsense. 

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anybody notice the faces of Reich and Vinatieri?  THEY KNOW what this means.

It wouldnt surprise me for Vinny to make same announcement now.

Reichs post game is gonna be epic/historic. 

And Vinny, he’ll do the classy thing I bet and retire at the end of the season, not now

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No. He is a quitter.    If he didn't want to play,   he could have let the team know months ago.  

You'll be downvoted to hell because people idolize athletes.  But this is the truth. If you don't have the passion the time to quit was 4-5 months ago. 

The fact he came into camp and wasted everyone's time by regurgitating his passion for the game and other nonsense is low. 

As I tell my kids in sports. If you commit it's done. It's a "commitment".  After the season you can always reassess and stop or keep going. But once you are in then you give it everything you got. Same with your job, your school, your marriage everything. 

Quitters are what they are. 

• Like 5

Ya know, I think he went through absolute hell under Grigson and it wrecked his body, mind, and love for the game. Grigson was like a 16 year old getting the keys to a Ferrari. I hate how this happened, with the timing and false hope, but I can respect his need to prioritize everything else in his life over money. 

Just now, deedub75 said:

He owes it to his teammate and his fanbase to not screw the team and the fans a couple of weeks before the season.  This was not a snap decision made by him.  Quitting has been on his mind and he should have quit when it first crept into his mind.  

You can argue he owes it to his teammates but he owes fans nothing.  Sorry I know fans like to think that players and teams owe us something but they don’t.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

So you really think that Manning wasn’t any good?

johnny U and Peyton Manning are both top five all time in my book so it’s not like the Colts have had nothing but Jeff George’s since Johnny U was here.

Peyton will always be one of my top 5 players of my life but (to me at least ) Peyton will always be second to Johnny U ( I fell in love with him when I was 10 years old )

• Like 2

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

No I think with how shocked the whole world is, this is something Andrew Luck told Jim Irsay before the game started today. It'll be interesting to hear what Irsay and Luck say themselves.

I guess we’ll find out more of the details soon enough. Blindsided. Just totally blindsided right now. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I think you’re right. And looking at it myself, I’ve spent way too much time and even money thinking and worrying about this team and football in general. I guess it’s not really that important in the grand scheme of things...

I love the Colts, but I rather Andrew retire and find happiness than live that nightmare of trying to bounce back from another injury or mental setbacks. I don't think this came completely out of nowhere (well... it did).

Based off his interviews when he was recovering from that shoulder procedure he did a ton of introspection. The type not a lot of players do in that situation because some of them refuse to see an outcome where they aren't back out there. I think he poured so much into getting back out there that it took a toll on him. He came back looking like his usual self but I do not think he ever got back there mentally. The fire died out and if his body is having him question himself then perhaps this is the best move for him. It's absolutely heartbreaking and I can understand fans being hurt by this. I just think its insane to make him seem like the bad guy in this.

Luck is a good guy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

He's completely shafting the team and the fans.  

He doesn't owe us anything, but we also don't owe him anything either.  

The timing of this couldn't have been any worse.  

Low blow, imo.

Bro, look at how fragile the fans are. They cant even take their favorite player retiring. They come unglued. Now imagine those weak minded *s had to actually play a game that is horrific for your health, and have the weight of an entire city on their shoulders and imagine how quickly they would fold.

He cant "not owe you anything" and shaft you.

That's impossible.

He is leaving a lot of money on the table. I'm sure he has his reasons. And to expect someone to go thru an NFL season and risk his long term health for a bunch of spoiled babies who look for any reason to tear someone down? No thanks.

Personally Im about over pro sports altogether. The fans are ridiculous and think their % dont stink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So Luck just decided this? Lots of nonsense spewed this entire TC...from multiple people in this org. Pretty difficult to trust them again.

It sounds like social media knew about this before 99% of the organization.