Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)


boo2202

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The Colts' radio network is saying that Luck met with Irsay and told him he's retiring.

But he's standing on the sidelines?????

If he’s quit in this team, he needs escorted from the building...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I mean, I'm totally shocked, but I also dont blame him.

 

Look at the way the "fans" turn on him in an instant, all for having health problems. Why put yourself thru this if you dont have to?

 

It ain't worth it. Especially if you can do other things with your life. I wish him well, even though I'm very disappointed. 

He's completely shafting the team and the fans.  

  

He doesn't owe us anything, but we also don't owe him anything either.  

  

The timing of this couldn't have been any worse.  

  

Low blow, imo.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Sorry. This is a team first, competitive to the end guy. Something is going on here, and we owe it to Luck to wait and hear what it is. He is the last guy to let his team down; there is something else happening that we'll have to hear from the horse's mouth. I fear serious health issues. We'll just have to wait and find out. But to all of those people out there who have been suggesting this guy is anything other than a stand up guy: you're wrong. 

Agree.  Also I'm not a fan of schefter putting this out while Andrew was still on the field.  That wears me down mentally

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So tired of waiting with this franchise.  Waiting for them to fix the o-line, waiting for them to replace Pagano, waiting for luck to get healthy.  Honestly I've just about had enough. 

 

Right now I have little enthusiasm for the colts or the NFL.  Sickening.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Ryan for not putting an o line together and  to see Luck get assaulted every week. Thanks Colts front office for bogus injury updates over the years and not being honest. What a bombshell about retiring with the timing but maybe just had another year long injury. Can't trust front office on his real status. Now if Jacoby could switch Bert Jones number; just does not seem right. So, who are top  college quarterbacks in 20?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. Tons of respect lost for Andrew Luck. If you’re mulling retirement, get the F out before Camp. And don’t be sitting there telling fans via media interviews that you expect to play week 1. This isn’t on the Colts, this is in Luck. Zero respect right now, none

Exactly..why now.......

....If this is real..he stuck it to the franchise..

 

...but I just have doubts that this is real

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before everyone chastises him, I'm sure this decision, did not come lightly, The injuries that he has had, plus his on going problem, I am sure he did not take lightly. It must have been hard to come to terms with his announcement., being the competitive  player he is.   Please  give the man the benefit of the doubt. He knows his body, and I know that if he could he would play, Now is not the time to throw stones at him, and call him a quitter . Show some compassion . Let him know how much you care. I know he's hurting, and feels bad about it, so show some sympathy , to the guy!  I wish Andrew Luck all well wishes in his endeavors outside of football. I want to thank him for his effort, he has shown, in the past,   We thank you Andrew for effort in trying to bring back the level of excellence we have had in the past. and wish you well in the future.    

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something always seemed different about this injury, or more specifically the way Luck was going about it.

Obviously, it's not the injury that did him in...but more the mindset he had...like when talking about it to reporters. He just seemed done, even annoyed having to talk about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Kind of harsh. Doesn’t want to fight to heal every offseason. It’s a shame but come on he’s not a quitter 

No. He is a quitter.    If he didn't want to play,   he could have let the team know months ago.  

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Exactly..why now.......

....If this is real..he stuck it to the franchise..

 

...but I just have doubts that this is real

NFL has it on their page as official. 

 

If this turns out false, someone at ESPN has a ton of explaining to do

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Turftoe said:

So tired of waiting with this franchise.  Waiting for them to fix the o-line, waiting for them to replace Pagano, waiting for luck to get healthy.  Honestly I've just about had enough. 

 

Right now I have little enthusiasm for the colts or the NFL.  Sickening.

You are where I am, TT....

    This is just crushing to the franchise..and the NFL....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Turftoe said:

So tired of waiting with this franchise.  Waiting for them to fix the o-line, waiting for them to replace Pagano, waiting for luck to get healthy.  Honestly I've just about had enough. 

 

Right now I have little enthusiasm for the colts or the NFL.  Sickening.

Sounds like you are also mentally worn down like our ex QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Before everyone chastises him, I'm sure this decision, did not come lightly, The injuries that he has had, plus his on going problem, I am sure he did not take lightly. It must have been hard to come to terms with his announcement., being the competitive  player he is.   Please  give the man the benefit of the doubt. He knows his body, and I know that if he could he would play, Now is not the time to throw stones at him, and call him a quitter . Show some compassion . Let him know how much you care. I know he's hurting, and feels bad about it, so show some sympathy , to the guy!  I wish Andrew Luck all well wishes in his endeavors outside of football. I want to thank him for his effort, he has shown, in the past,   We thank you Andrew for effort in trying to bring back the level of excellence we have had in the past. and wish you well in the future.    

Nope. He’s a quitter. Plain and simple 

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck boo'd while leaving Lucas Oil Stadium tonight.  Wow.

Good. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Sorry. This is a team first, competitive to the end guy. Something is going on here, and we owe it to Luck to wait and hear what it is. He is the last guy to let his team down; there is something else happening that we'll have to hear from the horse's mouth. I fear serious health issues. We'll just have to wait and find out. But to all of those people out there who have been suggesting this guy is anything other than a stand up guy: you're wrong. 

 

I bet this post will be proven wrong. 

 

He walked away before the going got tough. That's it lol

 

I don't understand why people idolize these athletes like saints.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, runthepost said:

He’s coming out of retirement in 2 years then goes to New England..

He couldn’t. He’d have to be released from his contract. It essentially freezes and if he unretires, he’s locked to the Colts unless they release him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...