Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, what a couple of days that was! I deliberately stayed off the forum to avoid the initial responses and take time to consider this.  Here is where I stand as of today:   1. The timing o

Long time listener, first time caller.   How much would you pay to be able to walk without terrible pain for the last 50+ years of your life? At what point is it morally repugnant to make su

Was it really necessary to bring this back from the dead to reiterate a view that's been hashed, rehashed, and buried with the fourteen dead horses it ride in on? Lol.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. Tons of respect lost for Andrew Luck. If you’re mulling retirement, get the F out before Camp. And don’t be sitting there telling fans via media interviews that you expect to play week 1. This isn’t on the Colts, this is in Luck. Zero respect right now, none

I just lost a ton of respect for that dude if you don't want to play anymore retire in the offseason early that way the colts have options what a jerk.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Really hope he enjoys "travelling the world" with his trophy wife.  He should be shunned, and his name removed from all Colts archives.  To check with him and his advisor (dad).

Agreed. 

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

get over yourself!

Why should he? Luck has played the fans and this team for fools for a month. Take your high horse elsewhere. What Luck just did to this team, regardless of reason, is the lowest of the low. I put this on the same level of the Josh McDaniels bull crap

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Kind of harsh. Doesn’t want to fight to heal every offseason. It’s a shame but come on he’s not a quitter 

Lol kinda harsh?  Reality really stings I guess.

Someone who goes half way into the prep for the season and says na I'm good, I'd say is a quitter lol.  Literally the definition is someone who quits. 

But hey it's whatever I guess you can spin it however you'd like. 

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

If he physically can't play then that's one thing.  If he physically can play then he at least owed the fans this season. 

Luck doesn't owe the fans anything. No athlete does.

He should do what's best for him and his family and live the life he wants. 

And if he isn't all in on football I would rather get this over with and move on as a Colts fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Just now, ThatOneColtFan said:

Some of you should be embarrassed by your responses.

There is more to life than Football and Luck owes you nothing.

He gave this franchise his best every chance he could and put this organization in positions it had no right to be in. I wish him the best, a happy life, a good health. Thanks, Andrew.

Agreed.  It’s not Luck’s fault he got hurt.  

I hate that Andrew Luck is retiring but this is still a game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luck has been radio silent for a couple weeks.  It’s starting to seem like he told Irsay, CB, & Reich he was thinking about it.   Reich probably said we need an answer by the end of the 3rd preseason game.  Luck chose to quit.  Mind blowing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Kelly once his suspension is over.  Not sure what they do for the first two weeks because I don’t think Walker can play in the NFL.

I think Jacoby will be fine. I also think this is why you saw us not trade Jacoby. Irsay was right the other year, Luck’s issues were between his ears all along 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Some of you should be embarrassed by your responses.

There is more to life than Football and Luck owes you nothing.

He gave this franchise his best every chance he could and put this organization in positions it had no right to be in. I wish him the best, a happy life, a good health. Thanks, Andrew.

I think you’re right. And looking at it myself, I’ve spent way too much time and even money thinking and worrying about this team and football in general. I guess it’s not really that important in the grand scheme of things...

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Watch Luck come back and play for the Chargers next season!

Again, he CANNOT unretire and simply play for another team. Not unless the Colts release him and they wouldn’t because of the cap hit

• Like 1
Just now, csmopar said:

I think Jacoby will be fine. I also think this is why you saw us not trade Jacoby. Irsay was right the other year, Luck’s issues were between his ears all along 

Right I don’t question that Jacoby is the starter I was responding to who is the backup going forward.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Luck has been radio silent for a couple weeks.  It’s starting to seem like he told Irsay, CB, & Reich he was thinking about it.   Reich probably said we need an answer by the end of the 3rd preseason game.  Luck chose to quit.  Mind blowing. 

Sounds real...Smoke

Coach Frank did say they'd need an answer on Andrew's availability by the end of the 3rd pre-season week and that obviously is tonight

• Shive locked this topic