Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't announce this in the middle of the game.

The news leaked in the middle of the game.    Big difference.

He told Irsay BEFORE the game.

He had to know that it would get leaked.  He's smarter than that. 

Feels like I've been punched in the gut. Feels like election night 2016. Colts put their hopes and finances into what they thought was a guy with ultimate character and got burned. After waiting forever for Irsay to finally make the right decision to can Pagano and Grigson and now we get this? My excitement for the Colts is gone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Bro, look at how fragile the fans are. They cant even take their favorite player retiring. They come unglued. Now imagine those weak minded *s had to actually play a game that is horrific for your health, and have the weight of an entire city on their shoulders and imagine how quickly they would fold.

He cant "not owe you anything" and shaft you.

That's impossible.

He is leaving a lot of money on the table. I'm sure he has his reasons. And to expect someone to go thru an NFL season and risk his long term health for a bunch of spoiled babies who look for any reason to tear someone down? No thanks.

Personally Im about over pro sports altogether. The fans are ridiculous and think their % dont stink.

This is hilarious.

Just an FYI no matter how right you are about crap fans doesn't change the fact these athletes are compensated and know what they are getting into with fans. Let's not act like they are these innocent people who should be sheltered. They know the price of Fame and the backlash when you do something shady in the public eye. Like quitting on your team after all the training camp is done.

• Like 1

I just have to say that this is a jerk move beings weeks from Opening Day and leaving The Team without their #1 QB. Why not play this season and call it A Retiring Tour and you Retire NEXT YEAR Andrew? How could you do this to your Team-mates? I understand you are reveling in being home with the Family but have some decency to play out the year! I don't buy the "Mental Anquish" thing either, I believe you want to spend more time with your Family. How can Football burned you out when you just came back for 1 YEAR after an EXTENDED Layoff? It makes Zero Sense and if this is true, you are a Horrible Team-mate. That's the Facts

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Freaking coward. He quit. Mentally. Good riddance. 

Makes him a coward to do what is best for him and his family, knowing there will be people like u talking bad about him and probably threats and insults for a while over this? And I'm sure he considered all this but chose to not follow what everyone else wanted but did what was best for his family... Yea what a punk. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Surge89 said:

This is hilarious.

Just an FYI no matter how right you are about crap fans doesn't change the fact these athletes are compensated and know what they are getting into with fans. Let's not act like they are these innocent people who should be sheltered. They know the price of Fame and the backlash when you do something shady in the public eye. Like quitting on your team after all the training camp is done.

So you're entitled to act like a small child and call people names?

Now THAT is absolutely hilarious.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You should probably NOT post when you're clearly under the influence........

Just a suggestion.....

That is not an unrealistic assessment.  Didn't Reich say Luck had a Monday deadline if he was to start week one?  That could have been Luck's set deadline to retire as well.  

9 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Doing right by you is never a wrong choice.

Luck did not hurt anybody. He is doing what is best for him.

He's doing plenty of wrong to 52 other teammates that have aspirations and put in the work.

He's also doing wrong to the owner who invested big money into him.

Can we stop idolizing this guy? He's no saint lol. He's doing plenty of wrong so he can ride into the sunset on his previous high dollar contracts that most likely now some of his teammates will never see because he quit on them.

• Like 1

This is horrendous. We're going to be stuck in purgatory with no shot at any top QBs. OL is finally good, just in time for this. With our luck it'll be back to bad once we actually have another QB. This sets us back a half decade if we're lucky, decades if not. This is the most painful news in Colts history, counting Peyton's retirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't announce this in the middle of the game.

The news leaked in the middle of the game.    Big difference.

He told Irsay BEFORE the game.

sorry man, head wasn't thinking straight. had a few to drink, and will probably have a few more now. the show must go on. What's the next move?

• Thanks 2

Just now, coltsfanej said:

Makes him a coward to do what is best for him and his family, knowing there will be people like u talking bad about him and probably threats and insults for a while over this? And I'm sure he considered all this but chose to not follow what everyone else wanted but did what was best for his family... Yea what a punk. 

No, he’s a coward and a word that is banned here for screwing over his team 2 weeks before season. Colts knowing for weeks, bull. The looks on the coaching staff says otherwise the looks on his now former teammates says otherwise. No, Luck is a coward, a quitter and crappy teammate because of the stunt of waiting until the 3rd preseason game to do this, had he done this prior to Camp or even week one of camp, fine, that could be excusable. 

• Like 2