Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

I'm hoping he changes his mind. I'm wondering if he said he needs to sit out for a few weeks of the season and everyone told him no we cant do that again that it's ok for him to play on. And he said alright then adios if that's how it is. Let us hope. 

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

How is he out there, warming up pre-game and ish??? He obviously talked to Jim about it before now. Just a show to sell tickets? 

He didn’t warm up at all tonight.  

I am guessing this is a new development.  Like I said my guess is that the doctors told him it’s going to hurt and not get better and there is nothing they can do and Luck just decided he doesn’t want to do that.  

I saw this coming but I thought after this year or next. Not now. He didn't seem to have the same fire as he had before the shoulder but I was hoping the success of last year would bring it back. 

That being said, I wish Andrew and his family the best. It's been a fun few years. He has to do his best by his family before worrying about the team. The timing stinks but I respect a man taking care of his family. 

It's now time for Jacoby to prove he's a franchise QB. Bring it Jacoby! 

If I had to guess, Andrew had told the higher ups that he was thinking about this for a while and they told him to dwell on it and to use this time as a deadline of sorts... But that's just a guess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry. This is a team first, competitive to the end guy. Something is going on here, and we owe it to Luck to wait and hear what it is. He is the last guy to let his team down; there is something else happening that we'll have to hear from the horse's mouth. I fear serious health issues. We'll just have to wait and find out. But to all of those people out there who have been suggesting this guy is anything other than a stand up guy: you're wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I mean, I'm totally shocked, but I also dont blame him.

Look at the way the "fans" turn on him in an instant, all for having health problems. Why put yourself thru this if you dont have to?

It ain't worth it. Especially if you can do other things with your life. I wish him well, even though I'm very disappointed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As shocking as it is to read that he's retiring, I hate to say that it's not really too shocking when you think about it.

I've been thinking for a while now that his interests outside of football, his personal life/privacy, and his health is more important than his football career. And now it seems like that's definitely the case.

• Like 3