Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes.  Football players get hurt.  It's a pretty well known fact.   It sucks for the team and fan base.   Life isn't fair.  Things happen.  I guarantee you Andrew is more upset than any of us.   My life will go on.   If he can't play,   I will hope Jacoby plays well.   If he doesn't,   then I will be bummed.   However my life will go on. 

Why do you only feed off the negativity?

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Lmao.  Hall of fame caliber line coach should be fired one week into preseason.   You're the gift that keeps on giving bad takes

Now you know why I laugh so much in here lately. Some of these posts are priceless lmao . On a serious note I could care less if we go 0-4 in the pre-season as long as Luck and the other starters are ready for opening day. I have never cared for pre-season though. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now you know why I laugh so much in here lately. Some of these posts are priceless lmao . On a serious note I could care less if we go 0-4 in the pre-season as long as Luck and the other starters are ready for opening day. I have never cared for pre-season though. 

Agreed,   we went winless in the preseason many times in the manning era

2 minutes ago, Moe said:

Why do you only feed off the negativity?

I'm not negative at all.    I point out nonsense.   

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always hated 2 A Days as a player or coach

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think pre-season should have only 2 games. You need 2 to evaluate players, 4 is way too many. A 16 game regular season is enough too, no to 18 games.

I still remember my first experience with 2 A Days

I had a 2 hour practice at 7 worked a shift at the city pool then returned to school for another practice at 5 or 6

The only time I was happy for school to start

I liked the 18 game schedule with the two game buffer 

• Like 1

There's no such thing as a good or bad practice at the end of the day The question is what did you take from today's practice to get better the next day. During the regular season when the colts prepare for there opponents do they worry about if there practice was good or bad? no they focus on what they learned from the tape of the previous week make corrections through practice and move on to the next game. so-so what if Brissett struggled today or our half healthy first string offense got a bit roughed up or even Baker looking like Tom Brady 2.0 with our starting D the point is at the end of the day what did you learn from it so you can be ready to go week 1 that's really all that matters:thmup:

18 minutes ago, threeflight said:

As I said earlier, I trade stocks for a living so I deal with a lot of message board fantasy and hype when it comes to people pumping their picks,  but I have to say the amount of fantasy love, blue colored glasses, complete disregard for anything negative, and pure out pumping of the Indy Colts on this boards puts stocks like even  DCGD even to shame!!!

Before the season started last season I said Luck would throw over 35 TD's and we would make the playoffs. If I would've put an actual bet on both, how much money would I have made just putting 100 dollars on each? The odds against each had to be at least 20-1 lmao , if not more. Many thought Luck may not play and we were rated the 32nd best team in the league = last.

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Several reports that the OL looked bad. If there is even the slightest regression, in regards to overall performance of the OL, Howard Mudd should be fired.

Why him and not, you know.... The offensive line coach?  Stick to waiting for bball season to start, you don't even know who coaches the position group you are complaining and moaning about.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

The good thing is, it will be much tougher to double TY this year.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seems like Kelly is really trying to change. I also loved the other day how he really let fountain know how proud of him he was.

I think Reich did his buddy Jim Kelly a solid, and Chad knows it could be his last chance.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Nope, I think Chester just got the #5 spot...

The Z/slot bucket bucket on the depth chart beyond TY and Rogers, hasn't had the best of luck.

WR: T.Y. Hilton (fine thank god), Chester Rogers (looking solid), Parris Campbell (out 10+ and counting), Daurice Fountain (broken ankle, out of year), Steve Ishmael (already on IR I believe), Penny Hart (out for most of TC, ready to come back?), Jordan Veasy (healthy so far, but was arguably the longest shot to make WR).

Rogers is as close to a lock now as he can be.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The true test will be Saturday for JB at #1. I just hope they have moved Kelly up to #2.

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

All I'll say about the OL is it's really not too out there to suggest a step back is *possible*. Sirianni did say the OL's been bested most of camp by the DL (which, on the other hand, says good things about our DL). And aside from a few days missed by Nelson and Kelly, they've mostly all been out there. Not to mention it's possible if not likely at least one man goes down on the OL at some point.

I know "regression" talk is pretty much shunned here, but it's entirely possible.

It's not too out there at all. Things could absolutely come together in time for the regular season, but from what we've seen so far, plenty of flags. It's not just Reich's vocal displeasure today, or the OCs comments that the DL is besting the OL in practice either. Hearing about Nelson getting bested by anyone is a concern, and we've seen both our own DL and rookie Oliver (last week vs Bills) get the better of him. What concerns me a bit more is AC's healthy and age this year. 

Like I said, hope it all comes together, but regression discussion isn't "crazy talk".

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is there a chance now hogan makes it over Pascall now if we keep 6. He has had a great camp.

I think both Hogan and Johnson have 3 games to show they belong. I don't think Johnson is PS eligible, so it's 53 or bust for him. Hogan still has PS eligibility. I'm even less sure now that we keep 6 as I think Fountain's performance was driving a lot of the 6 WR thoughts.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Heartbreaking. He was becoming one of my favs. All the off season hard work was paying off. Hoping he's next year's Cain story.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, threeflight said:

As I said earlier, I trade stocks for a living so I deal with a lot of message board fantasy and hype when it comes to people pumping their picks,  but I have to say the amount of fantasy love, blue colored glasses, complete disregard for anything negative, and pure out pumping of the Indy Colts on this boards puts stocks like even  DCGD even to shame!!!

Colts bias on a Colts fan board??? no way really?? :facepalm:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Colts bias on a Colts fan board??? no way really?? :facepalm:

It's just not that, we can back the talk up, since here in Indy (1984):

12 Elite 8's

5 Final 4's

2 Conference Titles

1 World Title in Feb of 2007

The Pats have been better, oopty damn doo, they have been better than everyone but they are proven cheaters. People do not realize how hard it is to make the Elite 8. We have done it 12 times since in Indianapolis lmao .

• Like 2

I haven't seen any of training camp, but is it possible the oline has struggled and looked bad because La Raven Clark and J'marcuss Webb are on the field too much? Can Brissett recognize anything? When the qb is hesitant and confused the oline doesn't look good either.

17 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I haven't seen any of training camp, but is it possible the oline has struggled and looked bad because La Raven Clark and J'marcuss Webb are on the field too much? Can Brissett recognize anything? When the qb is hesitant and confused the oline doesn't look good either.

I think it's all the above, that's concerning folks. Neither first or second string is looking all that good. And... Brissett is highly inconsistent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but that dog won't hunt....

Plenty of people here have theories that are different...   some have been talking about Luck having to retire for several years now.      With all that,  there are only two posters who get hammered....   you and Gus,  who now supports you.    

You post with certainty.    You write about things being "PAINFULLY obvious"....

But that's the point.    NOTHING should be painfully obvious to anyone.   Not to you or me or Superman or anyone.     Because things like the Luck situation are like an iceberg.    You can only see maybe 10 percent.    The reality is the 90 percent below the water line that you can't see.     So in sports.   we know maybe 10 percent about the Luck situation.   And that's by design.    But we don't know 90 percent.    And yet there you are talking about things being obvious that Luck doesn't care anymore.    He's got his money,  his wife, and soon, his child.

It doesn't even occur to you that Luck was wreckless for the first 5-6 years of his career.   That he took too many unnecessary risks and hits.    And now,  he's teaching himself how to take better, more calculated risks.   Take far fewer risks.    You view it that he's losing interest and soon getting out.    These things never even occur to you.  

You don't even know what you don't know.    Things like that don't even register with you.

People here will cut you some slack even if they disagree with you.   They're just looking for a reasonable take.   And if your take is going to be "out there",   then you better have better support and facts than just your opinion.    Put another way,  I'd never want you to be on the jury that was judging me.    There's no way to know what you'd come up with.

For a guy who claims to be an athlete,  you certainly don't post like someone who really understands what an athlete goes through....    not at all...

Nobody really knows with 100% certain if Luck will play on opening day. By my knowledge of the game of 40 years I say he will. The only way I will be wrong is if the Doc's say he needs surgery IMO. Peyton Manning said on Twitter he feels good about Luck playing on opening day. Chris Mort feels good about him starting too, he is a great source. As you know I said last year before the season, more than 35 TD's and playoffs and many thought I was crazy haha . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Rogers is as close to a lock now as he can be.

I think that finding a way to keep both Cain and Fountain was the main reason they’ve been trying to force that PR duty on Hines.  We could keep only 5 WRs, but still have a PR.  Now, we can just keep Rogers as #5 and call it good.  Rather have Fountain healthy, though. 

Side note: you guys see that Delanie Walker (35YO) had the exact same injury as Fountain last September, and he’s on schedule to play Week 1?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, threeflight said:

But they got hot (mainly because of the OL and the cupcake schedule) and ran into a team in Houston in the first round that they always beat.  But once they met reality in the Chiefs?  It was game over.

So.....lets just 'assume' the Colts take a step back in the OL this year with Mudd.  And the Luck situation.  And the much tougher schedule. It is really that much of a stretch to go back to the 1-5 start team?  With all of those preconditions in place? IMO no.  TBH I would have rather the Colts finish 5-11 and be a little more realistic about things so they could improve more than how they finished.  I think it gave them a false sense of accomplishment. 

I do think their D will be better this year, but I was not at all impressed with the Colts O the last few games of last year, really not impressed against the Chiefs, and I have seen nothing this year in TC that changes that opinion.

The Chargers started the season by loosing their first game at home, then they got hot, got to the playoffs, and beat the Lamarr Jackson led Ravens, then fell apart once they met reality in the Patriots.

The Saints got off to a hot streak, played well but once they met the reality againts the Dallas defense, they never looked the same, their offense took a huge step back for the remainder of the season.

The Rams seemed to be a great team through most of the season, until they lost Gurley. From that point, they merely lucked themselves thru the Saints by the biggest officiating mistake of the century, to meet the reality against the Patriots scoring only 3 points.

Neither team seem improved ever since, 'cause the Saints lost to the Vikings, the Chargers lost to the Cardinals, and the Rams lost to the Raiders in preseason week 1. Honestly, I don't understand why all those silly analysts put these teams - along with the Colts - amongst the top 5-6 teams for 2019, 'cause I have seen nothing this year in TC from these teams, that should justify that opinion.

Sidenote: The Browns on the other hand, look great. They might go 4:0 in the preseason, which would be a great indication that they will have a great season. Oh, wait....

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody really knows with 100% certain if Luck will play on opening day. By my knowledge of the game of 40 years I say he will. The only way I will be wrong is if the Doc's say he needs surgery IMO. Peyton Manning said on Twitter he feels good about Luck playing on opening day. Chris Mort feels good about him starting too, he is a great source. As you know I said last year before the season, more than 35 TD's and playoffs and many thought I was crazy haha . 

Just because you were right about 35 TDs and making the playoffs does not preclude you from being crazy.

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed........  

It’s quite possible that he gets surgery, successfully has time to rehab and is pulled off the IR after game 8. There is always going to be more injuries or lack of production from any one of the other WR’s so after 8 games, he may be one of those potential to return candidates. It’s also conceivable that he isn’t ready at that time and he gets new life in 2020 instead. 

15 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

That's a throw that Brissett could never make.  He lacks touch, everything is fast and hard...

you have a guy called luck if you haven't forgot. Brissett is seriously probably in the top 3 best backup QB's in the NFL. he is pretty darn good but no backup is a guy that can carry a team for long periods.

just need him to step in and give you a chance to win  for a couple games. If you lose your Starter for the year you dont have a chance. the nick foles thing was a once in a century occurrence not the norm. 

• Thanks 1