Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

Lol the overreactions here are something. It's possible the O-Line takes a step back, but I have no issue with firing Degugliemo. Also, it's TC. Like preseason, there's not much to be gleamed from it. Last year Colts were pretty bad and look how that turned out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Lol the overreactions here are something. It's possible the O-Line takes a step back, but I have no issue with firing Degugliemo. Also, it's TC. Like preseason, there's not much to be gleamed from it. Last year Colts were pretty bad and look how that turned out.

It also might not be as bad as it sounds. I doubt Big Q practiced much today with that taped ankle. Plus we might of had some others not taking many snaps.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its always possible for every body.  this could be the best colts team since 2009 though, hopefully Luck doesnt miss time.  

Oh, definitely, I agree on both parts. I more just was alluding to the fact that even the mere mention of regression seems to barely be tolerated here, usually just labeled as overreaction (which in some cases they are).

That said, I think our OL will look better once the regular season starts, at least compared to how they've fared so far in TC.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I know that cause the colts players were the ones repeatedly getting thrown to the ground after plays

You mean when fights break out in real games and it's the 2nd guy who always gets kicked out or penalized because he is reacting to the other guy's first contact? 

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Very true....but you can also look at it another way.

They started out 1-5 I believe and everyone here was saying just suck for another high pick. I don't think anyone predicted the run out end of year.

But they got hot (mainly because of the OL and the cupcake schedule) and ran into a team in Houston in the first round that they always beat.  But once they met reality in the Chiefs?  It was game over.

So.....lets just 'assume' the Colts take a step back in the OL this year with Mudd.  And the Luck situation.  And the much tougher schedule.

It is really that much of a stretch to go back to the 1-5 start team?  With all of those preconditions in place?

IMO no.  TBH I would have rather the Colts finish 5-11 and be a little more realistic about things so they could improve more than how they finished.  I think it gave them a false sense of accomplishment. 

I do think their D will be better this year, but I was not at all impressed with the Colts O the last few games of last year, really not impressed against the Chiefs, and I have seen nothing this year in TC that changes that opinion.

6 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Very true....but you can also look at it another way.

They started out 1-5 I believe and everyone here was saying just suck for another high pick. I don't think anyone predicted the run out end of year.

But they got hot (mainly because of the OL and the cupcake schedule) and ran into a team in Houston in the first round that they always beat.  But once they met reality in the Chiefs?  It was game over.

So.....lets just 'assume' the Colts take a step back in the OL this year with Mudd.  And the Luck situation.  And the much tougher schedule.

It is really that much of a stretch to go back to the 1-5 start team?  With all of those preconditions in place?

IMO no.  TBH I would have rather the Colts finish 5-11 and be a little more realistic about things so they could improve more than how they finished.  I think it gave them a false sense of accomplishment. 

I do think their D will be better this year, but I was not at all impressed with the Colts O the last few games of last year, really not impressed against the Chiefs, and I have seen nothing this year in TC that changes that opinion.

From what I read after that KC loss the team took a long hard look at why they got beat and vowed to fix it. We will see.

If Luck plays week one we better hope the oline hasn’t got worse.  A injured Luck and that Chargers pass rush could be disaster.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

From what I read after that KC loss the team took a long hard look at why they got beat and vowed to fix it. We will see.

If Luck plays week one we better hope the oline hasn’t got worse.  A injured Luck and that Chargers pass rush could be disaster.

If Luck does play which I think he will, we may still lose. They are favored and as good as we are. I wish the game was here, they even have HFA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

IMO with Luck or without Luck against SD?

Total blowout. 

Either Luck is rusty and injured.

Or It is Jacoby.

IMO bet the Chargers minus anything under -9.  Last I saw was Chargers -4.

Total gimmee.

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

IMO with Luck or without Luck against SD?

Total blowout. 

Either Luck is rusty and injured.

Or It is Jacoby.

lmao you mean the same chargers that struggled to beat the Lamar Jackson led ravens. haha we could lose but it wont be a damn blowout you must be drunk.

• Like 4

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

lmao you mean the same chargers that struggled to beat the Lamar Jackson led ravens. haha we could lose but it wont be a damn blowout you must be drunk.

Our defense is to good for it to be a blow out. Unless the offense can’t do anything and the D is on the field the entire tine.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Ahhh wait, my fault...I was reading yesterday's camp notes.

lol. I still bet he didn’t take many snaps with a taped ankle.

57 minutes ago, threeflight said:

The entire thing never made any sense to me.

You go from one of the worst OLs to one of the best....and you fire the guy?  Over a disagreement with a backup?

I don't get it.

I love Mudd, but he is way past his prime.  IMO, and I said this back when it happened, this could be a giant mistake.

You seem a fun dude...

Can it possibly be that you don't have near the info you think you do on why they fired the o'line coach?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Brissett and Kelly need to get their act together.

Yeah, I remember Reich saying how important it was for the QB and center to make the right pre-snap reads recently. Said part of the reason their offense works so well was because of how great Luck/Kelly were in reading the defense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Frank said Peyton got in at 9:30 last night and talked with the offensive staff until midnight. Talked with the defensive staff and the team this morning. Would've been fun to be a fly on the wall when he, Frank, and Sirianni were talking.

I would love to see him mic’d up talking to Andrew one on one. Like, I would just lose my mind seeing that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This makes me feel better about the oline. Nelson didn’t do team drills and Kelly didn’t take many snaps.

Kinda sucks that all those fights/scuffles happened with Peyton, Dungy, and the rest of the alumni there in attendance. Of course, the sense I get is that they seemed to mostly be started by Browns players (not totally sure on that though), but still.

• Like 1