Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

Any more details regarding the extent of Fountain’s injury and recovery time. I saw that it is a dislocated ankle and fracture but haven’t seen more details. 

A couple of years ago Ronald Darby had a nasty looking dislocated ankle in week 1 and was back on the field in early November.   

1 hour ago, brownsfan4life said:

there is no defense for a perfect ball. good coverage by the CB but damn.

Please don't underrate the effort on that catch. Diva WRs rarely stretch out like that nowadays. Luck has hit TY like that and he doesn't even have to break stride. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Any more details regarding the extent of Fountain’s injury and recovery time. I saw that it is a dislocated ankle and fracture but haven’t seen more details. 

A couple of years ago Ronald Darby had a nasty looking dislocated ankle in week 1 and was back on the field in early November.   

Nothing. I think he had surgery after going to the hospital. I would think his season is over. Not sure with as bad as it looked they would use the spot on IR to see if he could come back. I think they only get maybe one spot for the 8 week designation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Peyton was not just a spectator, he engaged players and coaches a lot, he spent a lot of time talking to Luck and I swear he was calling some plays late in practice at the red zone drills. I am really surprised at all the negativity being posted on here. There were a lot of bright spots at todays practice. Ty was awesome, TE group scored several TD's , WR were doing an outstanding job blocking on run plays. Overall it was a very good practice, except for the Fountain injury

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I haven't seen any of training camp, but is it possible the oline has struggled and looked bad because La Raven Clark and J'marcuss Webb are on the field too much? Can Brissett recognize anything? When the qb is hesitant and confused the oline doesn't look good either.

That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed Luck can go. He and Kelly are great at calling out the right protections and assignments.  Even at less than 100% I would trust Luck more to get the job done.

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nothing. I think he had surgery after going to the hospital. I would think his season is over. Not sure with as bad as it looked they would use the spot on IR to see if he could come back. I think they only get maybe one spot for the 8 week designation.

Dead wrong.

Since 2017, teams get TWO players they can bring back from IR.  Also since 2017, teams do not have to designate said players with IR return tag. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

That's the old rule I think. Teams can place a player on the PUP list after pre season and he's eligible to return week eight. It went from one player to 2 players. I don't see anything in the new rule that states if there is a limit to the number of players you can designate to your PUP list. 

Sorry .. I see this was already explained in a previous post.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed Luck can go. He and Kelly are great at calling out the right protections and assignments.  Even at less than 100% I would trust Luck more to get the job done.

I was just reading that Kelly didn’t even do team drills yesterday. Then Nelson was out also. It makes sense they struggled but it shows how bad our backups are.

i remember when Kelly was out last season they said luck had more responsibility with calling out the pass protection. That is probably why Evan did so well. If Brissett does have to play hopefully with Kelly that will improve.

6 hours ago, Archer said:

I think that finding a way to keep both Cain and Fountain was the main reason they’ve been trying to force that PR duty on Hines.  We could keep only 5 WRs, but still have a PR.  Now, we can just keep Rogers as #5 and call it good.  Rather have Fountain healthy, though. 

Side note: you guys see that Delanie Walker (35YO) had the exact same injury as Fountain last September, and he’s on schedule to play Week 1?

from all I've seen, they've been trying to push KR (not PR) to Hines. there hasn't been too much experimentation at PR since Campbell went out.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was just reading that Kelly didn’t even do team drills yesterday. Then Nelson was out also. It makes sense they struggled but it shows how bad our backups are.

There aren't enough starter level offensive linemen to fill the starting five for each team, so no, the backups are not even average level linemen, no team has more than 1 or 2 capable backup OL.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Read this article. Tells you a lot about Freddy Kitchens when the fights started. Reich was in on the last one trying to break it up and kitchens just sat back and seemed please.

Chloe, while I appreciate your posting of every single bit of colts coverage here all in one convenient place, you can't post an article and blatantly misquote it.  

It says kitchens didn't seem displeased, and wanted his team to dictate pace, and inferred intensity on day two.  He felt day one they let the Colts take it to them too much.   It is pretty much the opposite of saying he just sat there pleased his team was causing altercations, like you alluded to....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

There aren't enough starter level offensive linemen to fill the starting five for each team, so no, the backups are not even average level linemen, no team has more than 1 or 2 capable backup OL.

We can’t forget the Preseason OLs are often patchwork since those 4 weeks are an chance for coaches/players to tinker with things and/or try new things(positions)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:

you have a guy called luck if you haven't forgot. Brissett is seriously probably in the top 3 best backup QB's in the NFL. he is pretty darn good but no backup is a guy that can carry a team for long periods.

just need him to step in and give you a chance to win  for a couple games. If you lose your Starter for the year you dont have a chance. the nick foles thing was a once in a century occurrence not the norm. 

Nick Foles begs to differ....

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Earl Morral did it multiple times

Yeah but odds are, he doesn't know who that is without searching...

you have a guy called luck if you haven't forgot. Brissett is seriously probably in the top 3 best backup QB's in the NFL. he is pretty darn good but no backup is a guy that can carry a team for long periods.

just need him to step in and give you a chance to win  for a couple games. If you lose your Starter for the year you dont have a chance. the nick foles thing was a once in a century occurrence not the norm. 

Lets also not forget....

Tom Brady was Drew Bledsoe's back up and when Bledsoe got hurt, took the reins in NE and well, we've seen how that has worked out. 

• Like 2

Roger Staubach

Jim Plunkett

Jeff Hostetler 

Kurt Warner

Trent Dilfer

Tom Brady

Earl Morrell 

Terry Bradshaw

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:

tell that to steelers fans they still think the browns are going 5-11 and they are walking away with the division. not this year its different

Seems I've heard that many times in the past.   I'll believe it when I see it

7 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

if you cant see with your eyes that this isnt a 5-11 team idk what to tell ya.

Completely agree with on paper that this is a Browns team with a huge amount of potential. But we’ve seen lots of teams talked up before a season who don’t perform to standard. 

In addition, in the politest way, much like teams NE have had winning culture for years, the Browns have had the inverse. 

Hoping that you guys are good this year as I dislike the other teams in the AFC North, but as @jvan1973 said, need to see it before I crown

them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Completely agree with on paper that this is a Browns team with a huge amount of potential. But we’ve seen lots of teams talked up before a season who don’t perform to standard. 

In addition, in the politest way, much like teams NE have had winning culture for years, the Browns have had the inverse. 

Hoping that you guys are good this year as I dislike the other teams in the AFC North, but as @jvan1973 said, need to see it before I crown

them. 

i understand i do i have lived it.  the browns #1 problem since 99 was picking players and talent.  they had a bottom 5 roster and was drafting top 10 every year. John dorsey is the man and knows how to find real football players. now most people would say they have a top 5 roster.

problem #2  was the merry-go round of coaches. the owner let dorsey pick the coach this time and i know kitchens is unproven but i fully believe he is the guy.  he knows how to lead he was the QB at alabama under gene stallings, was an assistant under nick saben and bill parcells who he talks to regularly. he knows what good coaching is and is making this team into tough physical team that is close knit.  Full pads every practice except 1 so far with live hitting most days.

so while most people need to see it.  i can see it coming from a mile away. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

if you cant see with your eyes that this isnt a 5-11 team idk what to tell ya.

Well, I'm with ya at least. I'm not a big fan of crowning any team as world beaters, not even the Colts, but I do think the Browns will have their most successful season in a long time. The only thing I'm in wait and see mode is  with Kitchens. Not that I don't think he'll succeed, just that it's unknown at this point.

i understand i do i have lived it.  the browns #1 problem since 99 was picking players and talent.  they had a bottom 5 roster and was drafting top 10 every year. John dorsey is the man and knows how to find real football players. now most people would say they have a top 5 roster.

problem #2  was the merry-go round of coaches. the owner let dorsey pick the coach this time and i know kitchens is unproven but i fully believe he is the guy.  he knows how to lead he was the QB at alabama under gene stallings, was an assistant under nick saben and bill parcells who he talks to regularly. he knows what good coaching is and is making this team into tough physical team that is close knit.  Full pads every practice except 1 so far with live hitting most days.

so while most people need to see it.  i can see it coming from a mile away. 

There's no limit on padded practices? That's cool, I must've confused a minicamp rule or something.

Just reading the results of the drills from Colts.com.

Jacoby Brissett was 12-for-20 in 11-on-11s

Chad Kelly was 7-of-9  in 11-on-11s

Phillip Walker was 4 of 9 in 11-on-11s

In 7-on-7 drills. all from the red zone,

Brissett completed 3-of-6 passes

Kelly completed 6-of-7 passes

Walker completed 5-of-8 passes

Totals are

Brissett  15 of 26

Kelly  13 of 16

Walker 9 of 17

-----------------------

Interesting......

21 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Just reading the results of the drills from Colts.com.

Jacoby Brissett was 12-for-20 in 11-on-11s

Chad Kelly was 7-of-9  in 11-on-11s

Phillip Walker was 4 of 9 in 11-on-11s

In 7-on-7 drills. all from the red zone,

Brissett completed 3-of-6 passes

Kelly completed 6-of-7 passes

Walker completed 5-of-8 passes

Totals are

Brissett  15 of 26

Kelly  13 of 16

Walker 9 of 17

-----------------------

Interesting......

Was that from yesterday. Brissett was much better on Wed. Yesterday was just ugly all around.

23 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Agreed,   we went winless in the preseason many times in the manning era

I'm not negative at all.    I point out nonsense.   

I beg to differ, you really thrive off the bad!

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody really knows with 100% certain if Luck will play on opening day. By my knowledge of the game of 40 years I say he will. The only way I will be wrong is if the Doc's say he needs surgery IMO. Peyton Manning said on Twitter he feels good about Luck playing on opening day. Chris Mort feels good about him starting too, he is a great source. As you know I said last year before the season, more than 35 TD's and playoffs and many thought I was crazy haha . 

Sorry to be the one to share this....

But you were crazy a year ago and you're crazy now!    :funny:         :peek:

But above all,  we still love you!         :heart:          

If memory serves me right,  I believe the Browns went 7-8-1 last year.   

Mayfield should be even better, and he was very good as a rookie.    They added talent in FA and the draft.   Does OBJ ring a bell?

I think this team has a double-digit win roster.

What I don't know if it has,  is a double-digit win head coach.    So far this off-season,  I haven't been all that impressed.....    Hope for Browns' fans sake that Dorsey didn't blow the HC search.....

Just sayin.....