Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew’s Fiery Halftime Speech That Helped Ignite The Team

Restored

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I think having a HC who has played the position has really helped Luck mature into the leader he is becoming.  Their growth together is gonna be a joy to watch for many years.  Imagine, how unstoppable they’ll be together if they can scale that mountain top this season?  I think winning the big one early helped Brady become so calm, cool, & collected.  I can see the same happening for Luck & Frank.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Luck has pulled bigger comebacks outta his buttpad. Not that today wasn’t great, but I don’t know who Luck’s leader critics have been watching.

It’s not so much the comeback itself but rather his maturation as a leader that is happening before our eyes. He isn’t afraid to put his foot down and light a fire underneath the team to push them to another level of play.

We may need another halftime speech down in Nashville, hope his voice heals by then.  If not, here's where we draft:

Full Projection For Picks 1-32 In 2019 Draft

PICK NO.TEAMNAMEAVERAGE PROJECTED
DRAFT SLOT

1ARI1.1

2OAK2.8

3SF2.8

4NYJ3.4

5DET5.5

6TB7.7

7NYG8.0

8JAX8.0

9BUF8.9

10CAR9.3

11ATL10.0

12CIN11.8

13MIA13.8

14DEN14.2

15GB14.4

16WSH15.0

17CLE16.3

18PHI19.7

19PIT20.7

20IND21.6

21TEN21.7

22MIN22.0

23SEA23.5

24BAL24.1

25OAK
(from DAL)24.2

26HOU26.0

27OAK
(from CHI)26.2

28LAC26.3

29NE28.8

30LAR29.7

31KC29.8

32GB
(from NO)30.5

4 hours ago, Restored said:

It’s not so much the comeback itself but rather his maturation as a leader that is happening before our eyes. He isn’t afraid to put his foot down and light a fire underneath the team to push them to another level of play.

Luck has been a team leader for the last 7 or so years. It's not happening right in front of our eyes now, because it's already happened.

6 hours ago, Restored said:

He never was afraid to do that, that I’m aware of anyways.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I hope he rounded on himself and took himself to task for that pick he threw... 

A lot of his picks are not his fault. 

That one does not qualify to be among that group, however. 

How are you so sure?

He didn't look like he was trying to throw it away.  The replay looked like he expected Ebron to continue the route into the endzone. 

That doesn't mean it wasn't Luck's mistake, but I don't believe that anyone that doesn't know the play call and the options that go with it can say for sure. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I hope he rounded on himself and took himself to task for that pick he threw... 

A lot of his picks are not his fault. 

That one does not qualify to be among that group, however. 

Sounds like he did.... check out his postgame presser at around 4:00....

https://www.colts.com/video/andrew-luck-on-comeback-win-over-giants-so-proud-to-be-a-colt

• Like 1

I'm going to guess that Andrew sensed a reality all this season that he's an 'elder statesman' now.

How many Colts' players are older than he is anymore?

I dont think an older players' words are meant to help himself as much as he thinks it will help the younger players.

The QB always leads the offense but it sounds like Andrew seized the moment to speak to everyone because he felt they needed to hear from him...in his new role as the 'older voice in the room'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

https://www.colts.com/video/andrew-luck-on-comeback-win-over-giants-so-proud-to-be-a-colt

Thanks for posting that.  When I looked at the replay it didn't look like he was trying to throw it out of bounds.  I can see why he was embarrassed by the throw. 

We needed a game like the Giants game to wake us up. Yes, it felt like a trap game and we made way too many mistakes.

Eberflus' will be talking a lot this week on run D and pass D. Reich will be talking a lot to the entire offense to cut down their bone headed plays.

It is great that Andrew spoke up and I am sure he realized first and foremost that it started with him to cut down mistakes and he led by example in the second half.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Luck has been a team leader for the last 7 or so years. It's not happening right in front of our eyes now, because it's already happened.

Didn’t realize that because someone is a leader already, they can’t continue to grow and mature as one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

How are you so sure?

He didn't look like he was trying to throw it away.  The replay looked like he expected Ebron to continue the route into the endzone. 

That doesn't mean it wasn't Luck's mistake, but I don't believe that anyone that doesn't know the play call and the options that go with it can say for sure. 

Unless Ebron runs a sub 4 second 40 he wasn’t getting to that pass. 

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Which brings us to our next point: out of bounds is to the left or to the right. Why take a huge heave trying for the corner of the end zone? If you want to throw a bomb throw it to the sidelines into the 3rd row just beyond the sticks where no one has any kind of shot at it. 

Just a head scratching, terrible decision on that throw. QBs throw it away all the time and don’t make that kind of mistake. Why he did yesterday will forever be a mystery. 

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I think having a HC who has played the position has really helped Luck mature into the leader he is becoming.  Their growth together is gonna be a joy to watch for many years.  Imagine, how unstoppable they’ll be together if they can scale that mountain top this season?  I think winning the big one early helped Brady become so calm, cool, & collected.  I can see the same happening for Luck & Frank.  

We got the biggest coaching break in recent NFL history when the 'paper patriot' ran back home to daddy and left us with Frank Reich....

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Which brings us to our next point: out of bounds is to the left or to the right. Why take a huge heave trying for the corner of the end zone? If you want to throw a bomb throw it to the sidelines into the 3rd row just beyond the sticks where no one has any kind of shot at it. 

Just a head scratching, terrible decision on that throw. QBs throw it away all the time and don’t make that kind of mistake. Why he did yesterday will forever be a mystery. 

i do think it was intended for ebron, not a throw away.  you could tell by their reaction afterwords.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Seems like he owned it well enough in th press conference. 

At least this team and this coaching staff, as young and as new to each other as they are, have a solid sense of accountability.... and the ability to adjust.

25 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I agree with you here.  If he was trying to throw the ball away he could have picked several better spots.

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He said in the press conference that he was trying to throw it away and it was not intended for anyone. 

maybe thats true, or maybe he didnt want to throw ebron under the bus over a miss read or communication.  luck has been known to cover for people

either way it was a bad throw that wasnt catchable and didnt make it to the sideline for some reason 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

He said in the press conference that he was trying to throw it away and it was not intended for anyone. 

I agree with aaron11, he may have said that, but it sure looked like he just wasn't on the same page...and didn't want to throw Ebron under the bus...had that been Hilton, I bet Hilton makes the break outside.... at this point, it doesn't matter.  Off to Tennessee! 

I had a feeling it was going to be one of those games. I still think this team is really going and immature. You can't just show up and think you can win. That team on the other side has just as much pride if not more. What was great to see is them rally and never give up. They fought till the very end and never gave up. No heads hanging low. No defeated presence on the sideline. They stayed in the game and fought. We need those games to help shape character. Great fricken game. 

That giants team team is not bad. Looking at their season they lose some close tough games. Not sure the Manning hate but they have some weapons that's for sure. 

12 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Bayless is a *..... does Dak have THIS intangible?

Luck would get a penalty if he did that now for leading with the crown of his helmet.....but I love it! Almost as much as this tackle..

Move over Pat Mcafee.....there is a new sheriff on the block now!!!

• Like 1