Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 teams, 3 spots

CR91

With the broncos losing to the 49ers, that basically takes them out of the race for the playoffs. Another loss that helps is the raiders beating the steelers dropping them to 7-5-1. Right now, the only teams that are basically locks for the playoffs are the chiefs, patriots, and Texans.

Colts, Ravens, Dolphins, and Titans are 7-6 with the Steelers being 7-5-1

Remaining games for each team

Colts

Vs Cowboys

Vs Giants

At Titans

Ravens

Vs Bucs

At Chargers

Vs Browns

Dolphins

At Vikings

Vs Jags

At Bills

Titans

At Giants

Vs Redskins

Vs Colts

Steelers

Vs pats

At saints

Vs Bengals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today was close to perfect for the Colts' playoff chances.

My hunch is, Pittsburgh is the team that ends up falling out. They're in that 7-win group (with a tie), but have a brutal schedule remaining: vs. Patriots, then at New Orleans, before finishing against the Bengals.

I think Pittsburgh finishes 8-7-1, and Baltimore overtakes them at 9-7. Chargers got one Wildcard spot locked up. My gut is telling me the final Wildcard spot is going to come down that Indy @ Tennessee game to end the season (which should be flexed to Sunday Night Football).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared Jammer said:

Today was close to perfect for the Colts' playoff chances.

My hunch is, Pittsburgh is the team that ends up falling out. They're in that 7-win group (with a tie), but have a brutal schedule remaining: vs. Patriots, then at New Orleans, before finishing against the Bengals.

I think Pittsburgh finishes 8-7-1, and Baltimore overtakes them at 9-7. Chargers got one Wildcard spot locked up. My gut is telling me the final Wildcard spot is going to come down that Indy @ Tennessee game to end the season (which should be flexed to Sunday Night Football).

Steelers play NE next week and still play the Saints too, they will lose both probability wise. You may be right?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

With the broncos losing to the 49ers, that basically takes them out of the race for the playoffs. Another loss that helps is the raiders beating the steelers dropping them to 7-5-1. Right now, the only teams that are basically locks for the playoffs are the chiefs, patriots, and Texans.

Colts, Ravens, Dolphins, and Titans are 7-6 with the Steelers being 7-5-1

Remaining games for each team

Colts

Vs Cowboys

Vs Giants

At Titans

Ravens

Vs Bucs

At Chargers

Vs Browns

Dolphins

At Vikings

Vs Jags

At Bills

Titans

At Giants

Vs Redskins

Vs Colts

Steelers

Vs pats

At saints

Vs Bengals

Thanks for posting this, for what it's worth, Houston hasn't locked the south just yet.  I do understand it's very likely but still notable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Roethlisberger came back at the end.

Lamar Jackson got hurt at the end in KC.

I fear Joe Flacco more than Lamar Jackson. If we win out then that takes Tennessee out of the conversation. Baltimore won't beat the chargers. Steelers lose the next 2. Titans schedule is soft except for us. Dolphins have a cake schedule except for @Minnesota. next week against Dallas will be tough. 

6 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

fear Joe Flacco more than Lamar Jackson.

Flacco is still out.  If Jackson is injured, they both could be out.

At this point, I would rather see Flacco, though.  They've been playing better with Jackson.

I agree it is very possible the ravens win the division and the Steelers miss the playoffs.

We just need to win all three and I think everything will work out. If we win all three only losing one game the second half of the season is a amazing accomplishment. I think this team can be dangerous in the playoffs if we did make it. We have proven we can beat  the top teams in the league. It will be interesting playing two NFC teams to see how we stack up against the other conference.

Allot of you are saying we are in if we win out.   I totally agree, but don't think we do that.   I think we can win 2/3 and get in.  Of course one has to be the Titans.  

I think Dallas is very good.  That will be a game we will need help to win.    The Giants are playing good ball too. 

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Allot of you are saying we are in if we win out.   I totally agree, but don't think we do that.   I think we can win 2/3 and get in.  Of course one has to be the Titans.  

I think Dallas is very good.  That will be a game we will need help to win.    The Giants are playing good ball too. 

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

If we are lucky the titans will be eliminated by time we play them.

I like us against anybody in the NFL at home..

..and Tennessee isnt as good on offense or defense as Houston is

Sunday's win was the key......we needed to go 10-6 and now, we will

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The Browns still have an outside shot of winning the AFC  North.

So do the Bengals

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Dallas isnt a strong offensive team..The O-line is hurting..

..we can oustcore them..Houston has a better 'D' than  Dallas does

I don't agree with that.  Dak had all day today behind that line.   Their "D" also has looked great lately.

You guys' lack of faith in our team baffles me.  We are not only going to beat the Cowboys,..We're going to beat them by more than 2 TD's. Our front 7 stops the run like no-ones business. That's the Cowboys only way to win. Dak is not good under pressure, and ever since Eberflus got out from under a rock and threw a few more blitzes in each game, we get to QB's now. They won't score 17.  And Luck picks apart zone defenses. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

we're not losing to the Boys.  I seriously think our Run D stops them.  It is so under-rated.  And i don't think Dak can beat us.

Amari Cooper looks like a top 3 WR after coming to Dallas.

We might stop Zeke, but can we stop Cooper? I don't think our CB´s are that good :(

It will be a fun game to watch though

5 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

You guys' lack of faith in our team baffles me.  We are not only going to beat the Cowboys,..We're going to beat them by more than 2 TD's. Our front 7 stops the run like no-ones business. That's the Cowboys only way to win. Dak is not good under pressure, and ever since Eberflus got out from under a rock and threw a few more blitzes in each game, we get to QB's now. They won't score 17.  And Luck picks apart zone defenses. 

I am starting to think the Cowboys are due for a stinker. I am glad they won tonight because it's easy to even have a let down after a huge win like they had tonight. We have at worse a 50/50 chance beating them and we are at home. Have to see if TY is healthy and Kelly is back 1st. 

8 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Amari Cooper looks like a top 3 WR after coming to Dallas.

We might stop Zeke, but can we stop Cooper? I don't think our CB´s are that good :(

It will be a fun game to watch though

We don't have to stop Cooper,..just have to get into Dak's face.  And we've proven we can do that against the past few teams we've played with a couple extra blitzes.  Our D-line has been playing lights out lately.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol to the Steelers playing the Pats and Saints. Bengals for the final game won't be any pushover either, thats always a tough divisional game.

I could see the Colts and the Ravens getting in knocking Pit out.

I would love it if the Steelers missed and we got in, That would make my whole year. I hate the Steelers.

We’ve definitely got some Cowboys fans on the forum masquerading as Colts fans...  I expect to see them wearing Cowboy jerseys next Sunday...  And for all the ones hyping Vander Esch over Leonard, LVE was getting abused today by Philly while The Maniac had 9 more solos, another sack, and an amazing pass defense against Hopkins to prevent a touchdown...  The DROY plays for the Colts.