Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Celebration after Interception

tucky89

Does it not look kind of foolish to celebrate they way they did down 14 points? I know there are more important things to discuss, but it kind of bothered me. You're down 14 points and haven't done much of anything all game. Furthermore, none of our defenders actually did anything spectacular to make the pick happen. Hogan screwd it up royally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, tucky89 said:

Does it not look kind of foolish to celebrate they way they did down 14 points? I know there are more important things to discuss, but it kind of bothered me. You're down 14 points and haven't done much of anything all game. Furthermore, none of our defenders actually did anything spectacular to make the pick happen. Hogan screwd it up royally.

yeah Reich didnt look too pleased either

• Like 1

I don't mind it.  The defence has played their heart out this year so far and looks like a unit rather than a bunch of individuals, even without having a lot of top talent.

If it was one guy celebrating like a madman away from the rest then I would maybe take issue, but a team celebration for a unit that has exceeded expectations overall.......let them have their moment.

• Like 5

The game was still close at that point, a celebration like that had the potential to be a spark for the team, light a fire. I welcome enthusiasm from teams who are down, it shows that they still want to play. I’d be more worried if they didn’t do anything, because that would mean they had already given up

• Like 3

I certainly don't mind spontaneous celebrations, but the choreographed skits, "signature" moves, and sack dances are embarrassing. I'm kind of surprised that some of the more egregious ones, like the one we witnessed last night, don't get a flag for taunting. 

One of the most memorable admonishments I ever heard from a coach was, "Son, when you get into the end zone, try to act like you've been there before."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tucky89 said:

I just like the poses and celebrations a lot less than I thought I would when they change the rules. That being said, I wouldn't be celebrating anything if we on the brink of a loss. I mean I get it, I understand a lot of guys do it just so they could keep that edge, but still.

12 minutes ago, gspdx said:

NFL.com shows the Colts points against at 138 through 4 games.  138 divided by 4 is 34.5

We've played five games.

4 hours ago, tucky89 said:

Ahh...they are kids....let them enjoy it. Half the defense last night was practice squad cast offs....they may never play another professional down again.

23 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I just like the poses and celebrations a lot less than I thought I would when they change the rules. That being said, I wouldn't be celebrating anything if we on the brink of a loss. I mean I get it, I understand a lot of guys do it just so they could keep that edge, but still.

We've played five games.

And I bet they have the offensive turnovers that accounted for scores as well....we've had a pick six and fumble for TD. Add in some more points off turnovers in the redzone the offense gave up that probably is another 10-20 pts. Then throw out the points in an OT game that is another 6...I mean this defense isn't playing bad at all....I mean when they were actually playing...not the practice squad team we had last night. If anyone has watched our games and doesn't think the defense is vastly better than last year probably needs their eyes checked. The offense outside Luck is still very UP and DOWN.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Before you complain

How many of you celebrated like kids when it happened

I celebrated with a YEAH! and a fist pump. I didn't however jump out of my recliner...run through the house, out the door, across the lawn and take a selfie

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nostrils said:

I get it both ways but I’ve always enjoyed that whole “act like you’ve been there before thing”

I'm so old that's how we HAD To play.  (Highschool, 68-71) Even shake your fist after a QB sack and it was 15 yds.  I detested when Mark Glastinaeu was allowed to start the Sack Dance, in when- 84???

• Thanks 1