Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Celebration after Interception

tucky89

2 hours ago, k9copinmd said:

I celebrated with a YEAH! and a fist pump. I didn't however jump out of my recliner...run through the house, out the door, across the lawn and take a selfie

You didn't have millions of people watching you though...:thmup:..

It wasn't disrespectful so I have no issues. If they pulled a Terrell Owens type celebration on the star I think that would be uncool.

Plus it's the Pats, # them.

3 hours ago, IinD said:

You didn't have millions of people watching you though...:thmup:..

It wasn't disrespectful so I have no issues. If they pulled a Terrell Owens type celebration on the star I think that would be uncool.

Plus it's the Pats, # them.

Yep. Lets make time to celebrate with losing.

It made me actually cringe. When I saw then all set of running my genuine thoughts were "What the hell are you all doing"

I obviously don't mind celebrating a good play but it should be within the context of  the game situation. Who actually want to get achoreographed photo taken when you're getting spanked by 2 scores? When are you going to look at that picture and feel pride? 

• Like 1

Personally I think celebrations should be saved for a win. Pre-planed choreographed poses should be banned.

It does look silly when your team is down. The mentality of the look at me is a negative thing for me.

How silly would it look if any one of us celebrated at our jobs when we did something we were paid to do?

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 4:22 AM, ClaytonColt said:

It made me actually cringe. When I saw then all set of running my genuine thoughts were "What the hell are you all doing"

I obviously don't mind celebrating a good play but it should be within the context of  the game situation. Who actually want to get achoreographed photo taken when you're getting spanked by 2 scores? When are you going to look at that picture and feel pride? 

Bill will run up score next year.

19 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Bill will run up score next year.

we probably wont play them next year.  we would have to finish in the same spot in our division as they do in theirs and we are currently last

theres a chance it could happen in the playoffs i guess

On 10/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, tucky89 said:

Does it not look kind of foolish to celebrate they way they did down 14 points? I know there are more important things to discuss, but it kind of bothered me. You're down 14 points and haven't done much of anything all game. Furthermore, none of our defenders actually did anything spectacular to make the pick happen. Hogan screwd it up royally.

No it doesn’t , let those guys celebrate each other. It was a HUGE play they earned the right to show out despite the score.  

On 10/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I think celebrations should be saved for a win. Pre-planed choreographed poses should be banned.

It does look silly when your team is down. The mentality of the look at me is a negative thing for me.

How silly would it look if any one of us celebrated at our jobs when we did something we were paid to do?

I agree. I think the celebrations are getting out of control and way too childish.  There were some bad apples beforehand but the change in the excessive celebration rule just opened the floodgates.  

How I miss Marvin just running back to the bench or a (now illegal) goal post dunk from Pollard. 

I think for me it's the photo op thing.  

Yeah Tom's hanging 30+ on us but let's all take a group photo because we managed to get a turnover off a lucky play.  

If you are going to do the photo op celebration at least do in on a day you are dominating the game.  Not one where you got 1 good play in a string of two dozen bad plays.  

If you are in the 4th quarter, picked off the ball to seal a win or picked off the ball and thus far the Pats have been held to say 17 or less points.  By all means, photo op time!

But the Pats was having their way with the Colt's defense for most of that game, Colts get one lucky break to get a pick and they go for the photo op celebration. 

• Like 1

That's today's generation. Those complaining are doing exactly what our parents did to us.. Lol

People take a thousand pics of themselves/kids and all other stupid things, it's just how it is.

Selfies, food pictures, pics of beer, you name it there's a pic of it.

I'm not going to hate on people younger then me doing their thing. My time passed to be cool, it's their time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

No it doesn’t , let those guys celebrate each other. It was a HUGE play they earned the right to show out despite the score.  

Meah I disagree . . . earning the right to show out at that level means dominating most of the game.  Not getting one lucky break.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's today's generation. Those complaining are doing exactly what our parents did to us.. Lol

People take a thousand pics of themselves/kids and all other stupid things, it's just how it is.

Selfies, food pictures, pics of beer, you name it there's a pic of it.

I'm not going to hate on people younger then me doing their thing. My time passed to be cool, it's their time.

It's not a point of hate at all.

It's a point that it is best to humble yourself and not be the look at me guy. When you draw that much attention to yourself you are the one singled out when you make the mistake. It's best to win and lose as a team being it is the best team that won.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Meah I disagree . . . earning the right to show out at that level means dominating most of the game.  Not getting one lucky break.  

One lucky break? Not to be disrespectful but have you ever played a down of organized football? On any huge play you have to be in the right place at the right time. He was in position to make a play. I don’t call that a lucky break I call that him doing his job.

11 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

One lucky break? Not to be disrespectful but have you ever played a down of organized football? On any huge play you have to be in the right place at the right time. He was in position to make a play. I don’t call that a lucky break I call that him doing his job.

What does that have to do with the jest of the thread?

I'll admit, I hate that crap.

I made the same face when I saw that, as I do when I see gum on my shoe.

Did you do something extraordinary, astonishing, astounding, brilliant, or exceptional? The answer is NO! The ball floated to you and you caught it. Big deal. Every 7 year old has done that. But no, let’s delay the game so you can satisfy your urge to have Mommy watch you pretend to be a superhero.

Do your fricken job, you overpaid divas & prima donnas … (over inflated view of your own talent or importance) and drop that “Look At Me Mommy” stuff. You’re not in grade school anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 10/7/2018 at 1:31 PM, aaron11 said:

we probably wont play them next year.  we would have to finish in the same spot in our division as they do in theirs and we are currently last

theres a chance it could happen in the playoffs i guess

Playoffs? Now that is funny. The Pats will be there. We will be looking at Top 10 in draft perhaps. 

• Haha 1

I didn’t care really as a Pats fan I was more annoyed that Hogan missed such an easy pass.  As for celebrating if my son did that I. Pop warner the ref throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct.  (He got one after a sack for screaming “I bring the pain”  to his teammates. Lol)

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I’m assuming you didn’t read the comment I responded to? Go back and do your due diligence.

The interception was on a lucky play. The receiver had already beat him and it was the receivers fault he didn't make the catch.

Somehow I don't think that deserves any type of celebration.

• Thanks 1

How can you blame them. Little League on Sports Center? Stop already.....It likely started when parents started issuing baseball cards to their kids on a freakin T-Ball team. My son or daughter is amazing!!! No...they aren't lady, just kids playing sports.

This is....for it's good and bad, the most "me" generation I hope we never see again. 

Well, at least I won't have to see it. Lol....:lecture:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The interception was on a lucky play. The receiver had already beat him and it was the receivers fault he didn't make the catch.

Here’s the great thing about opinions, you’re entitled to your own. I see nothing wrong with the comradery of celebrating a big play of one of your brothers. Regardless of the score it was a HELL of a play that gave the entire team a jolt. 

On 10/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

What? I remember sending a really good email to senior management , and after I hit send, I jumped up from my chair, ripped off my tie and pulled my shirt out of my suit trousers and pulled it up over my head, whilst running around the office with my arms out wide. Unfortunately I ran straight into the vending machine and bust my nose, which made me look rather foolish........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Here’s the great thing about opinions, you’re entitled to your own. I see nothing wrong with the comradery of celebrating a big play of one of your brothers. Regardless of the score it was a HELL of a play that gave the entire team a jolt. 

If you think a play that ended up a lucky play a hell of a play, then I question your judgment.

No matter your opinion, celebrating with a choreographed look at me picture looks stupid when everyone looks at the scoreboard. 95% of the whole viewership is watching thinking to themselves, WTH?  You can't be serious.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Completely agree!  I also dislike the CB that celebrates the overthrown ball even though the receiver had 3 steps on him.  What?  Really?  What are you celebrating?  The fact that you were beat on the play?o

the pose looked foolish in my opinion.   I also curse the Gastineau celebration when he was a Jet.  I much prefer guys playing football without all of the on field celebrations.  This isn't the America's Got Talent show!  Just play football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

It was luck not because of his position but because the receiver bobbled the ball, something he's not known for doing.  

And look that happens in football.  Point is the Colts defense got the better of them on one play after a whole series of plays of the Patriots getting the better of the Colts defense.  

The photo op celebration seems to me to be something that should be reserved for game sealing interceptions, especially one that was collected after that particular defense had been fairly dominate over their opposition.  

Otherwise it's just like "Look at this photo, remember that game where we got creamed and Brady hung 30+ on us.  But we got that one interception that one time."

The photo op should celebrate the whole game not just 1 play.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you think a play that ended up a lucky play a hell of a play, then I question your judgment.

No matter your opinion, celebrating with a choreographed look at me picture looks stupid when everyone looks at the scoreboard. 95% of the whole viewership is watching thinking to themselves, WTH?  You can't be serious.

That’s where our Opinions differ I don’t consider it a Lucky play by any means. Anyone that has played a down of organized football. Knows that’s in order to create turnovers or create a chance to make a turnover you MUST do your job. Which consists of being in the right place defensively which Farley was. Now if you disagree that’s perfectly fine, you’re entitled to do so. But my stance stands as is.

21 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

It was luck not because of his position but because the receiver bobbled the ball, something he's not known for doing.  

And look that happens in football.  Point is the Colts defense got the better of them on one play after a whole series of plays of the Patriots getting the better of the Colts defense.  

The photo op celebration seems to me to be something that should be reserved for game sealing interceptions, especially one that was collected after that particular defense had been fairly dominate over their opposition.  

Otherwise it's just like "Look at this photo, remember that game where we got creamed and Brady hung 30+ on us.  But we got that one interception that one time."

The photo op should celebrate the whole game not just 1 play.  

You go tell one of those guys face to face your stance on the their celebratory acts and then tell me their response. The fact that you’re frowning upon someone that made an impact play and celebrated it with his fellow teammates and brothers is outlandish. Actually let’s take a look at Malik Hookers stance on this topic.

https://twitter.com/malikhooker24/status/1048282034823737344?s=21

5 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

That’s where our Opinions differ I don’t consider it a Lucky play by any means. Anyone that has played a down of organized football. Knows that’s in order to create turnovers or create a chance to make a turnover you MUST do your job. Which consists of being in the right place defensively which Farley was. Now if you disagree that’s perfectly fine, you’re entitled to do so. But my stance stands as is.

Farley was beaten on the play. Had it not been for the receiver not making the catch and bobbling the ball to Farley he would have not made the pick.

As far as making the comment about anyone that has played a down of organized football has nothing to do with this. Anyone who has a set of eyes seen the receiver bobble the ball right into Farley's hands after he beat him on the route.

Now if you think that is worth celebrating with a pre planed choreographed posse move while down 2 scores that is on you.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Farley was beaten on the play. Had it not been for the receiver not making the catch and bobbling the ball to Farley he would have not made the pick.

As far as making the comment about anyone that has played a down of organized football has nothing to do with this. Anyone who has a set of eyes seen the receiver bobble the ball right into Farley's hands after he beat him on the route.

Now if you think that is worth celebrating with a pre planed choreographed posse move while down 2 scores that is on you.

And I'm not saying don't celebrate.  Just that the photo op thing is over the top when you are down 2 scores because Brady just sliced and diced you several times like it was nothing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

You go tell one of those guys face to face your stance on the their celebratory acts and then tell me their response. The fact that you’re frowning upon someone that made an impact play and celebrated it with his fellow teammates and brothers is outlandish. Actually let’s take a look at Malik Hookers stance on this topic.

https://twitter.com/malikhooker24/status/1048282034823737344?s=21

Again - they can celebrate.  Running to the end zone for a photo op is a little more than a celebration.

And just becauase Malik Hooker says it OK - well that must make it right!  I know what their response would be.  It isn't going to change my opinion that this makes them look foolish when they are losing and giving up lots of points every game.

There is nothing wrong with being confident and humble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1