Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pagano era....all over again?

Bubbz

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

And after the Redskins game, some thought we could win the Division.  Now its a dumpster fire.  We look like a 6 win team.  It'll get better eventually.

The offense is a dumpster fire defense looks solid for a change the refs are a dumpster fire too you cant hardly make a tackle or cover someone without a flag now don't get me wrong penalties were not the only reason for the loss but they didn't do us any favors specifically that td drive by philly some were good calls others im not sure I thought they were taking it easy on the eagles while hitting the colts with whatever they feel like calling on them.

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Reality post of the day! Couldn't have said it any better.

we still could win the division. Only one game back thanks to the titans. Offense needs to step it up. They are holding us back. If the defense continues to keep us in games we can beat anybody. On to the Texans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbz said:

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

You realize that with a rookie Hc, OC and D.C., along with a bunch of no name, young players on both sides of the ball just took the defending Super Bowl champs that have a top tier D and a good offense to the ropes and had a chance to win it with 2 minutes to go. Had the refs not bailed out the Eagles that long drive, them eagles would have been fried chickens. 

• Like 2

"The Pagano era....all over again?"

Yep, despite the efforts of quite a few knowledgeable and worthy posters, the fan base is exactly the same as the Pagano era. #sarcasm

The Colts went on the road, with 6 starters down, and played pro football, nearly stealing a win that was beyond unlikely. 

To compare this to the last era, imo, indicates zero understanding of what was displayed today. 

Black and white are more similar......than this team to the last era's team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The offense is a dumpster fire defense looks solid for a change the refs are a dumpster fire too you cant hardly make a tackle or cover someone without a flag now don't get me wrong penalties were not the only reason for the loss but they didn't do us any favors specifically that td drive by philly some were good calls others im not sure I thought they were taking it easy on the eagles while hitting the colts with whatever they feel like calling on them.

I was commenting on the idea that one week people think we're great, then next they think we stink.  

After all the bad stuff that happened this week vs the Eagles, I sit and I realize that 1. at least we're not Texans fans talking about the draft and 2. We play them next week.

The schedule gets easier as the year goes on. ESPN's win % has us winning 9 games still.

R-E-L-A-X, we'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Bubbz said:

No substance again, typical. All this talk about it being Reichs first year, give it time, we're rebuilding, are things we listened to up until right before Pagano was fired.

those of us who aren't new , yes 4 years or whatever is new, are used to winning games every week, not giving the the coach a pat on the back for losing games. 

Actually those of us that aren’t new remember Jack Trudeau and Jeff George and Chris Chandler amongst many others and losing lots and lots and having games blacked out on tv despite the Colts playing in the smallest stadium in the NFL. We had a great run under Peyton but we’ve seen bad losing and coaching before and this team is FAR from that! Far! This team is coming together and is playing hard tough football! We’ve had a chance to win both our loses with the ball in our hands in the last minutes. We aren’t the 2005 Colts nor the 2011 Colts...we are somewhere between but we have a lot of promise with these young kids!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Actually those of us that aren’t new remember Jack Trudeau and Jeff George and Chris Chandler amongst many others and losing lots and lots and having games blacked out on tv despite the Colts playing in the smallest stadium in the NFL. We had a great run under Peyton but we’ve seen bad losing and coaching before and this team is FAR from that! Far! This team is coming together and is playing hard tough football! We’ve had a chance to win both our loses with the ball in our hands in the last minutes. We aren’t the 2005 Colts nor the 2011 Colts...we are somewhere between but we have a lot of promise with these young kids!

One reason I am a big KC fan

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have always like the Chiefs as well. They have a solid franchise. I liked the Jazz in Basketball because of their fundamentals when they had Mailman and Stock. KC looks good my friend.

I liked the Jazz...always rooted for Jerry Sloan.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SocalHoosier said:

You need just as much time to develop as a fan as you're giving Reich to "develop" apparently. I've been a colts fan since Jack Tradeu. We dont have the patience or as low of standards as you do. 

Apparently, you're a new poster.     Welcome.      Hope you enjoy the website.

This is a year to not get too high after a win and a defensive player of the week, and to not get too low after a loss like today.  It can be miserable to watch, but any loss that looked hopeful for a win is.  Reich isn't stupid, he'll right this ship WAY before it sinks. He'll do better at play calling, he's coached 3 friggin' games.  Remember, LaRaven Clark was our Left Tackle on the play that killed us.  Things will change with health, knowledge, and Andrew Luck's re-maturation. 

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

After all the bad stuff that happened this week vs the Eagles, I sit and I realize that 1. at least we're not Texans fans talking about the draft and 2. We play them next week.

The schedule gets easier as the year goes on. ESPN's win % has us winning 9 games still.

R-E-L-A-X, we'll be fine.

if we don't get pressure on Watson Hopkins and fuller will roast us

6 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

This is a year to not get too high after a win and a defensive player of the week, and to not get too low after a loss like today.  It can be miserable to watch, but any loss that looked hopeful for a win is.  Reich isn't stupid, he'll right this ship WAY before it sinks. He'll do better at play calling, he's coached 3 friggin' games.  Remember, LaRaven Clark was our Left Tackle on the play that killed us.  Things will change with health, knowledge, and Andrew Luck's re-maturation. 

Leonard may be afc defensive player again

17 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

It may have been a good idea to take one of those 3 TEs we had lined up on right side , and move him beside Clark.  Its not like Hewitt was a real target.

• Like 1

I'll say that Ballard is definitely better than Grigson. He will hit on as many players in his first 2 years as Grigson will in all 5 of his. As of now, I'm giving Coach Reich the benefit of the doubt that Luck is still hurt and playing poorly, and that is causing the team to underperform. Once we get Mack, Constanzo, and Doyle back, it should pick up a little bit. However, with hindsight, I would of probably traded Luck before the draft for the Browns offer of two 1sts and two 2nds if that rumor was indeed true. I wonder how much info Irsay and Ballard had about Luck's health before the draft. If they knew what they know now then, then I think it was a huge blunder just because Ballard didn't want to be the GM that traded Luck.

Just me though....

6 hours ago, Bubbz said:

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

I want what he's havin'.:banana:

Please stop.  We are no where near the Pagano Era.

If it weren't for the coaching, improved defense, and Andrew Luck, we wouldn't be in these 'winnable' games.  In the Pagano Era, we would have been blown out.  We lost to a good division leading Bengals team and the defending SB champs who got their starting QB back.  Could we have won those games?  Yeah, but it's football, things happen, especially when you are team in the middle of a rebuild and have holes on both sides of the ball.

Enjoy the ride.  We are a young team in the middle of a rebuild.  Be happy that we are still competitive in our rebuild.  I am ok with the coaching.  I am more upset with our players than the coaching.  That is another topic, but Reich and co are doing a fine job.  

14 hours ago, Bubbz said:

No substance again, typical. All this talk about it being Reichs first year, give it time, we're rebuilding, are things we listened to up until right before Pagano was fired.

those of us who aren't new , yes 4 years or whatever is new, are used to winning games every week, not giving the the coach a pat on the back for losing games. 

So why bother watching this Colts team then? You probably slept over the last 6 years, and havent realized that the Manning era is over. Peyton Manning retired, Andrew Luck is barely back from a very serious shoulder injury, and it is a very young, rebuilding team. Yesterday, there were 5 rookies amongs the starters on the offense, and it is the more experienced unit of the two (defense/offense). If you expect them to win these games, then go watch other sports, and come back in 2, maybe 3 years. If everything goes well, the Colts will be a contenders by then. Until then, why bother?

I am - though the missed opportunity to beat the defending champs at home hurts - truthfully impressed by this team. Especially the defense. Eberflus is doing fantastic job so far, way, way, (way, way, way) better than I hoped. I haven't seen such defensive adjustments that he did yesterday (and in week 2 as well) since the Dungy era. If he continues like this, we might soon be worried that someone will give him a HC job somewhere.

The offense was struggling yesterday, and wasn't nearly "high flying" last week either. But I am OK with that right now. They played against 3 stingy defenses so far. The Bengals defense is good, the Redskins just proved yesterday against Aaron Rodgers, that they are good too, and the Philly defense allowed only 12 points for the opponents at home in the last more than one year. They are very-very tough to play against at home. Especially in that rainy, muddy weather. The 3 missed red zone opportunities hurt, but the Eagles offense was only 1 better they converted 2 of their 4 RZ appearances, the Colts converted 1. Maybe, if Castonzo and Doyle were on the field, then the Philly defense couldn't get to Luck in that 4th and goal play. It was close.

All in all, being so close to winning this game, but coming out with an "L" hurts, but I am enjoying the ride so far.

14 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

So why bother watching this Colts team then? You probably slept over the last 6 years, and havent realized that the Manning era is over. Peyton Manning retired, Andrew Luck is barely back from a very serious shoulder injury, and it is a very young, rebuilding team. Yesterday, there were 5 rookies amongs the starters on the offense, and it is the more experienced unit of the two (defense/offense). If you expect them to win these games, then go watch other sports, and come back in 2, maybe 3 years. If everything goes well, the Colts will be a contenders by then. Until then, why bother?

I am - though the missed opportunity to beat the defending champs at home hurts - truthfully impressed by this team. Especially the defense. Eberflus is doing fantastic job so far, way, way, (way, way, way) better than I hoped. I haven't seen such defensive adjustments that he did yesterday (and in week 2 as well) since the Dungy era. If he continues like this, we might soon be worried that someone will give him a HC job somewhere.

The offense was struggling yesterday, and wasn't nearly "high flying" last week either. But I am OK with that right now. They played against 3 stingy defenses so far. The Bengals defense is good, the Redskins just proved yesterday against Aaron Rodgers, that they are good too, and the Philly defense allowed only 12 points for the opponents at home in the last more than one year. They are very-very tough to play against at home. Especially in that rainy, muddy weather. The 3 missed red zone opportunities hurt, but the Eagles offense was only 1 better they converted 2 of their 4 RZ appearances, the Colts converted 1. Maybe, if Castonzo and Doyle were on the field, then the Philly defense couldn't get to Luck in that 4th and goal play. It was close.

All in all, being so close to winning this game, but coming out with an "L" hurts, but I am enjoying the ride so far.

14 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

The team has been "rebuilding" since 2012