Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pagano era....all over again?

Bubbz

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #12. said:

We're losing winnable games, but I would say, no.  We're actually making coaching adjustments.  The first drive today?  That would have continued for 4 quarters under Chuck.  

Except it did last 4 quarters. The swing passes to the running back that consistently resulted in a TFL....EVERY DRIVE

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbz said:

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

Wow.

More "clear evidence" that some fans have no idea what they're talking about.

Shaking my damn head.....

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Dear God....instead of seeing a hard-fought game with plenty of bright spots to look forward to, there’s this dribble.

The Eagles were at home and the Colts didn’t embarrass themselves.

Being s Colts fan in the Philadelphia area? I wanted this win BADLY. But I’m looking towards the future. Colts are going to be okay

EXactly what was said all those Pagano years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

So much over reacting... LOL

Did people really have such high hopes this year?

be realistic.

Does it matter what the expectations were?  We're losing winnable games.  Could easily be 3-0.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow.

More "clear evidence" that some fans have no idea what they're talking about.

Shaking my damn head.....

Being that you're a new fan it will Ben difficult for you to offer substance or even understand

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbz said:

Being that you're a new fan it will Ben difficult for you to offer substance or even understand

You also have no memory....

I'm a "new" fan only in name.    I've been here 7 years.    I'm a football fan for more than 50 years.      You and I have.....  history.     But look at the thread.    It's not just me that thinks your views are way off base....    it's everyone else too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And after the Redskins game, some thought we could win the Division.  Now its a dumpster fire.  We look like a 6 win team.  It'll get better eventually.

We look nothing like a dumpster fire. The Eagles are the world champions, and we had every opportunity to stick it to them ... What on Earth?

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

Does it matter what the expectations were?  We're losing winnable games.  Could easily be 3-0.  

Because the team isn’t good enough. Most NFL games are close. The better teams find a way to win.

Give the new regime time. Most people knew the Colts weren’t going to be good this year. It’s about improving. These games are way more competitive than the past season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

This is nothing like thePagano era. The coaching has been leagues better. There were actual adjustments made. If anything it should highlight how bad they were and how much time was wasted with them. 

WHAt adjustments were made?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And after the Redskins game, some thought we could win the Division.  Now its a dumpster fire.  We look like a 6 win team.  It'll get better eventually.

6 wins is harsh, when we played three of the best teams we are going to see this season. There is a lot of winnable games on schedule, and after today, i have great faith that we will compete in ALL of them. 

• Like 3

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

6 wins is harsch, when we played three of the best teams we are going to see this season. There is a lot of winnable games on schedule, and after today, i have great faith that we will compete in ALL of them. 

You think the redskins and bengals are some of the best teams on our schedule? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

You think the redskins and bengals are some of the best teams on our schedule? 

Absolutely. Patriots and Jaguars round out the top 5. 

Power rankings agree with me as well... 

Redskins just whipped the Packers, so they will be back up ahead of the rest of the schedule. 

Titans might move up after today, but it will move the Jags back more than the titans up. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

6 wins is harsh, when we played three of the best teams we are going to see this season. There is a lot of winnable games on schedule, and after today, i have great faith that we will compete in ALL of them. 

That last part is what I really wanted to see.  I don't think many people really thought the Colts were going to win 9-10 games.  I'm fairly optimistic and I thought they were going to win anywhere from 7-9 games.  More importantly with all the new/young players, coaching and Luck coming off a horrible injury, I want to see them remain competitive and that's exactly what they've been doing.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Dear God....instead of seeing a hard-fought game with plenty of bright spots to look forward to, there’s this dribble.

The Eagles were at home and the Colts didn’t embarrass themselves.

Being s Colts fan in the Philadelphia area? I wanted this win BADLY. But I’m looking towards the future. Colts are going to be okay

I also think it mentioned them having the best home record over last few years....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm a "new" fan only in name.    I've been here 7 years.    I'm a football fan for more than 50 years.      You and I have.....  history.     But look at the thread.    It's not just me that thinks your views are way off base....    it's everyone else too...

No substance again, typical. All this talk about it being Reichs first year, give it time, we're rebuilding, are things we listened to up until right before Pagano was fired.

those of us who aren't new , yes 4 years or whatever is new, are used to winning games every week, not giving the the coach a pat on the back for losing games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, masterlock said:

The main difference seems to be the emphasis on short passes and a more up-tempo approach. The problem is execution. The days of the Colts 'high-flying' offense are gone. They look mediocre as hell.

The problem is our QB being incapable of throwing the ball 30+ yards. Via Jacoby Brissett with the hail mary.

• Like 1

First Andrew Luck is a bust , and now I read this. 

I know everyone has a right to an opinion , but its becoming really hard to come here when there's so much nonsense. 

All I need now is the dude in the muscle shirt to tell me Ballard isn't impressing him , and my day will be complete.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

You didn't see how the Eagles marched down the field with ease, early, and then suddenly were stymied the rest of the game? Did you miss that? 

What adjustments were made, be specific.

"they marched down the field easily then didn't" isnt answeRing the question

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You need just as much time to develop as a fan as you're giving Reich to "develop" apparently. I've been a colts fan since Jack Tradeu. We dont have the patience or as low of standards as you do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbz said:

What adjustments were made, be specific.

"they marched down the field easily then didn't" isnt answeRing the question

Since you're talking about the offense, I agree that there was definitely some conservative play calling, but thatmay be a product of Lucks arm or o line. There are signs that Reich is much better than Pagano as far as time management, smart decisions to go on 4th down (like the one in this game ) and play design like the Hilton TD last week.

The coaching is night and day, and should be the least of your worries. Lucks shoulder is what worries me. 

• Like 1

Reich is 10x better than Pagano.  He just needs to come to the realization that Luck is no longer the Luck of old.  Need to give Jacoby a chance to see if he can move the team better than Luck.  The DEF has been surprisingly better than I expected.  Need the offense to step it up.

• Like 1