Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pagano era....all over again?

Bubbz

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You just need to find the right eye glasses, then you will see it. :thmup:

So how long has the colts has had an offensive line problem? Do we have a pass rush Ummm nope? Who our number 1 receiver yeap keep forgetting we don't have one. Still no TE that as really stepped up. Our Rb our subpar. Oh and the offensive play calling sucks.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 4:36 PM, Bubbz said:

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

Let me show you how you are mistaken. Yes Reich didnt call the best plays in the endzone however, The 3 timeouts he had to put the ball back in the offense hands shows you the difference in coaching. Pagano might have used all 3 timeouts not allowing the offense for 1 last drive. And overall, the offense is playing with less predictability. Good or Bad.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:52 PM, Bubbz said:

EXactly what was said all those Pagano years.

Yes....

All those years of 11-5, 11-5, 11-5 and going further in the playoffs every year.   How you must have suffered...

Then 8-8 and 8-8 when Grigson clearly mismanaged the roster.

And here it is week 3 and you’re already talking about the need to fire someone when the team is exceeding expectations.

You may LIKE football but you don’t KNOW football.   There’s a big difference.   There are three pages of posts disagreeing with you.   But you don’t care.     

You're only here to cause trouble... 

On 9/23/2018 at 2:04 PM, Bubbz said:

No substance again, typical. All this talk about it being Reichs first year, give it time, we're rebuilding, are things we listened to up until right before Pagano was fired.

those of us who aren't new , yes 4 years or whatever is new, are used to winning games every week, not giving the the coach a pat on the back for losing games. 

Ballard inherited a mess...   he said when he was hired this would be a 3-year rebuild.  Three years.

And here you are crying because we’re not winning enough early in year two.   Irsay has agreed with this plan.   The ship has sailed.

But you’re not happy.  Talking about wanting to fire people.   Further proof you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You should take a time out and come back in 2020.  Maybe you’ll be happy then?    Or maybe not...   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Let me show you how you are mistaken. Yes Reich didnt call the best plays in the endzone however, The 3 timeouts he had to put the ball back in the offense hands shows you the difference in coaching. Pagano might have used all 3 timeouts not allowing the offense for 1 last drive. And overall, the offense is playing with less predictability. Good or Bad.

I disagree with that last sentence. We are very predictable. Run on 1st down, and throw 3 yard passes in every other situation. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, dgambill said:

Actually those of us that aren’t new remember Jack Trudeau and Jeff George and Chris Chandler amongst many others and losing lots and lots and having games blacked out on tv despite the Colts playing in the smallest stadium in the NFL. We had a great run under Peyton but we’ve seen bad losing and coaching before and this team is FAR from that! Far! This team is coming together and is playing hard tough football! We’ve had a chance to win both our loses with the ball in our hands in the last minutes. We aren’t the 2005 Colts nor the 2011 Colts...we are somewhere between but we have a lot of promise with these young kids!

Just how many Colts games were blacked out?  As I recall there was a couple of times it was close to being blacked out but never happened.

15 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Nothing like the Pagano Era, we got straight up BLOWN OUT in games under Pagano, remember last time we played Philly? I'm gonna go ahead and say it, we BEAT the Pats this year.

It's been so long. I don't even know what I'd do. Probably laugh, then cry tears of joy haha. If that happens, we are for sure on the right track. 

We're 3 games in, calm down. Sure, we're probably going to look like trash against the Patriots too but that's nothing new. We usually do for the most part. I actually thought we had chances to win that Eagles game. Ebron had a dropped pass in the end zone. Rogers had a tough catch in the end zone that was dropped. There's 12 points right there. Not to mention a few questionable calls from the refs. One in particular put the Eagles into scoring position and got a TD from it. One of those games that really sucks to lose but it happened. Moving on..

8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I disagree with that last sentence. We are very predictable. Run on 1st down, and throw 3 yard passes in every other situation. 

It's a matter of formation, and schematics. For instance, One game we had AL do a QB sneak to get the first down. Its not a mind blowing play but the fact that we were unpredictable with the formation/play selection. Of course I disagree at times with the coaching in the endzone, However we did convert a 4th down with a RB toss. So theres good and bad.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:36 PM, Bubbz said:

Same pattern. Sloppy football and play calling. Granted the defense has shown up. I never understood how you get a HC from OC position and all of a sudden your Offense is trash and defense shows up. Same narrative as Pagano but reversed. Clear evidence that the coach is trash. If we allow this slopp for play w out anyone getting fired  it'll be the sameness excuses week after week for us consistently losing winnable games that lasted 5 years w Pagano. I can't take the incessant clapping during penalties and "keep chopping wood" comments for another 5 years. 

Set a precedent that people who don't do their job get fired early. No patted on the back like w Pagano  and Reich thus far.

image.png.9fa2d9a40485e1f5dccb1e3cb9a58dc6.png

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bubbz said:

The team has been "rebuilding" since 2012

Philly was rebuilding since like 2005 with no championships since 1960 before their superbowl win in 2018.  Bills have been rebuilding since mid-90s with no actual championships in the superbowl era. Lets slow down and recognize how hard it is to win in the NFL. All this, we should be great every year whining is tiresome. People always needing to be talked off the edge around here. Wish some of you would just grow a pair.

15 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

So how long has the colts has had an offensive line problem?

You realize we're without our two starting tackles right?  

Do we have a pass rush Ummm nope?

Are the Colts tied for 4th most sacks in the league right now?  Yup

Who our number 1 receiver yeap keep forgetting we don't have one.

TY Hilton disagrees.  He may not be the best #1 in the league and I'll give you that he'd have an easier time if we had a better #2 (though Grant seems to be improving).

Still no TE that as really stepped up. Our Rb our subpar.

These I'll somewhat give you

Oh and the offensive play calling sucks.

My only issue so far with the playcalling was in the Philly game.  They abandoned the run too quickly imo (though I wonder if Wilkins might have gotten hurt during the game which would help to explain abandoning the run) and the playcalling at the end of the game in the goalline situation.  

On 9/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, BProland85 said:

I will say it was extremely frustrating getting in the red zone quite often and only coming away with 1 TD. Can’t keep settling for field goals. 

That didn't have anything to do with the coach. There were 3 dropped TDs, there's not much that Frank Reich can do from the sidelines to prevent that.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think there are people in the world that stumble upon a forum, they have no real interest in the topic of the forum, they spend a couple of days lurking, getting the feel of things and then think, "what is the dumbest, most *ic thing I could possibly say..." and then as soon as they think of it they type as fastest as they can.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how many Colts games were blacked out?  As I recall there was a couple of times it was close to being blacked out but never happened.

I couldn't find numbers...maybe someone else can. All I can find was the last blackout was in 2002 based on some wiki information on each team but I had recollections of the late 80s and early 90s as child and having to watch the Bears because the game was blacked out for not selling out the stadium. Perhaps some others can confirm that. I don't think my dad was lying to me....but one can never be sure if he wanted to catch da bears! If I am wrong I apologize.

11 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Philly was rebuilding since like 2005 with no championships since 1960 before their superbowl win in 2018.  Bills have been rebuilding since mid-90s with no actual championships in the superbowl era. Lets slow down and recognize how hard it is to win in the NFL. All this, we should be great every year whining is tiresome. People always needing to be talked off the edge around here. Wish some of you would just grow a pair.

Lol. No. Having some missing pieces is not rebuilding. Teams don't blow up their rosters for 14 years straight (you're philly example?) the way the colts did in 2011. After 2011 yeah thats a complete rebuild when half the roster is scrapped, not every year we don't have a 2007 Patriots roster is a rebuild like some of you would like TO scream from the rooftops to excus bad football

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

I couldn't find numbers...maybe someone else can. All I can find was the last blackout was in 2002 based on some wiki information on each team but I had recollections of the late 80s and early 90s as child and having to watch the Bears because the game was blacked out for not selling out the stadium. Perhaps some others can confirm that. I don't think my dad was lying to me....but one can never be sure if he wanted to catch da bears! If I am wrong I apologize.

I couldn't find the exact number myself. All I found out was a pre-season game with the Bengals that was blacked out. It was in Cincy so it wasn't blacked out here in Indy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bubbz said:

Lol. No. Having some missing pieces is not rebuilding. Teams don't blow up their rosters for 14 years straight (you're philly example?) the way the colts did in 2011. After 2011 yeah thats a complete rebuild when half the roster is scrapped, not every year we don't have a 2007 Patriots roster is a rebuild like some of you would like TO scream from the rooftops to excus bad football

Did you start this thread just so you could argue?

On 9/26/2018 at 12:28 AM, Bubbz said:

What are you talking about?  Scrapping?  Teams have roster turnover every year.  This is not news, if you don't get that, you're thread is just hot garbage.  

"duh, yeah guys, ify ou replace 3 or 4 players plus draft prospects, that's not scrapping.  It's only scrapping if you have more than 4 plus new rookies."  com'on bro, at least come up with something more intelligent to argue about.