Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DL Tyquan Lewis set to miss time [Merge]

MTC

25 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Was Lewis injury prone in college? This is disappointing. If you are going to put all of your eggs into the draft basket, you cannot continue whiffing on high draft picks

Someone getting injured isn’t whiffing on a draft pick. Derius Guice is also on IR with a torn ACL for the Redskins. Did they whif on him? Injuries to draft picks are part of the game. Every year a high profile draft pick goes on IR before the season starts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Was Lewis injury prone in college? This is disappointing. If you are going to put all of your eggs into the draft basket, you cannot continue whiffing on high draft picks

You appear at times to be completely dumbstruck by your reputation as troll.  Guessing that is just an act though as you know it yourself.

But just in case, let me clue you in - it's because of complete nonsense like the post above.

1 minute ago, Savage21 said:

9 weeks? Wow. Put him on the PUP list with the designated to return.

He is not PUP eligible.  If he was he would already be there.

• Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about free agency?  It doesn't matter where you get new players you cannot afford to miss on many of them.  And yes - many free agents don't end up playing up to the expectations based on what they cost.

• Like 1

I would see if we can trade for Shane Ray at this point if he's willing to sign a new contract. We can't buy or draft a d-line. Maybe we can trade for one lol. I'm just going through the motions at this point with this draft class. Getting worse by the day. Just wish the season would start.

50 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Someone getting injured isn’t whiffing on a draft pick. Derius Guice is also on IR with a torn ACL for the Redskins. Did they whif on him? Injuries to draft picks are part of the game. Every year a high profile draft pick goes on IR before the season starts.

Please.  Nearly everybody considers Khaled Holmes and Hugh Thornton to be whiffs, and they were always injured.  And Mewhort now often gets put inot the "draft failure" bucket because injuries kept him off the field.  

Not to mention the Gosder Cherilous signing and Polian's Anthony Gonzalez pick.

Its part of the game, but appears to be selectively applied.

• Thanks 1

Just a bit of info to file away for future consideration:

We traded up from the 3rd round to get Lewis at the bottom of the second.  So it wouldn't be unfair down the road to compare the success of that trade to the trade up for TY Hilton, which was basically the same trade (not sure what we gave up)

49 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Except that almost all of Ballards higher round picks get injured, or suck.

His drafting has not been impressive in 2 seasons.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Just a bit of info to file away for future consideration:

We traded up from the 3rd round to get Lewis at the bottom of the second.  So it wouldn't be unfair down the road to compare the success of that trade to the trade up for TY Hilton, which was basically the same trade (not sure what we gave up)

But we traded into the end of the 3rd round to get Hilton, not the 2nd.

17 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

But we traded into the end of the 3rd round to get Hilton, not the 2nd.

Ah, okay.  I was thinking we didn't give up the 3rd, that went for DA.  So we must have given up the first pick of the 4th and something else to move up a few slots to secure TY.

51 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about free agency?  It doesn't matter where you get new players you cannot afford to miss on many of them.  And yes - many free agents don't end up playing up to the expectations based on what they cost.

Ballard has successfully sold his vision to the fans, that the best way to build a future winner is through the draft. When you are going in this direction, not even trying to fill holes with FA, you cannot draft busts or injury prone players in the early rounds. 

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Whiffing?  Seriously?

Hines is really the only guy we can question at this time based on the very limited action.

lets give this draft some time before we declare it a whiff or a success.

I hope you arent involved in the stock market.

Too bad about Lewis. But this is part of the NFL. It’s certainly not a reflection of Ballard’s ability to draft. Only with the passage of time can the last 2 drafts be graded. The Ballard haters need to take a deep, deep breath. 

21 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Too bad about Lewis. But this is part of the NFL. It’s certainly not a reflection of Ballard’s ability to draft. Only with the passage of time can the last 2 drafts be graded. The Ballard haters need to take a deep, deep breath. 

To call someone a Ballard hater is extreme, just like calling some players a "bust" at this point.

Or calling a player a "steal" during the entire summer rookie offseason after being drafted #15 overall.

Extremism lies everywhere, it seems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

that will probably change by the deadline

way too soon to even think about using it on lewis 

There is not a “designated list” anymore

A Team can remove 2 players from the IR if a player has been on Injured Reserve for at least 8 Weeks

info from Blogging the Boys SBNation site July 28, 2018

• Thanks 2