Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradley Chubb confirms he hasn’t visited with Colts

TKnight24

Pretty sure the only guy we've brought in for a top 30 visit, who's also a possibility at #6, is Roquan.

That said, a lot of times these visits are for guys teams are on the fence about. And as has been mentioned, we've met with Chubb a lot already. So it's not shocking to me that we haven't brought him in. Or, who knows, Ballard could just not be that high on Chubb.

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

News on another name that was floating around the forum

The Falcons and the Niners run the same scheme as us. What is this nut talking about? We've already had interaction with Oliver at the combine.

There is absolutely nothing to draw conclusions on from these tweets. We already know he met with the Colts at the combine and his pro day. Ballard is using the top 30 visits for mostly mid round guys that they may not have had time for earlier. This Jack guy is just making unwartanted assumptions.

• Like 3

He’s met with them at the combine and his pro day .... why do people freak out because he hasn’t been flown to Indy for a one on one! If it goes down that 1-5 4 QB’s are taken then Chubb could be there ..... and I doubt the colts will pass on him because they didn’t bring him for another visit.

Yeah this tells me nothing.  If anything, this only solidifies to me that the Colts would take him.  This entire lead up to the draft is fraught with misinformation and devious plans.  If the Colts show a ton of interest that would tip their hand.  I also think they brought in Smith because perhaps they feel there's a chance Chubb won't be there at 6. But I have to feel like if he is available the Colts would RUN to the podium. I have no inside information though, it just makes too much sense IMHO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

why do people freak out because he hasn’t been flown to Indy for a one on one!

Exactly Td12. I don't get it either. It's not like Chubb is blowing INDY off on purpose & like countless others have already said, Ballard & other Colt personnel presumably chatted with him at the combine. 

It's not like he went on NFL Total Access & said INDY is a horrible franchise that he refuses to ever play for. 

14 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I thought he was their’s (at 3) but it’s looking like he won’t be there at 6. I hope he is but if he and Barkley are gone, I hope they get Edmunds, although if they do get Nelson, I won’t be disappointed 

If Barkely and Chub are not there at 6, it means a QB is and the Colts have options.   

I'm still hoping for Nelson.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This means exactly zero.

I am sure a few of our scouting team members have seen him live at the NC State games. They also looked at him at the combine.

Players are drafted every year by teams who didn't have personal meetings with them.

Didn't we have a player drafted in the 1st in the last few years that said he was surprised the Colts drafted him because he had almost no contact with the team save for a brief interview??

I want to say it was Dorsett but I'm not for certain.

If a team feels they have the information they need on a player they arn't going to go any further.  This isn't college recruiting where you constantly have to show interest to get the player to sign on with your team.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

If Barkely and Chub are not there at 6, it means a QB is and the Colts have options.   

I'm still hoping for Nelson.

I have to believe that at least one of those 3 will be there at 6.  

Most likely either Nelson or Chubb.  

It appears there is going to be a run on QB's at the top end of the draft.  

And if there isn't then it gives the Colt's trade down options with Buffalo or Arizona both of whom are likely wanting to move up for a QB. 

14 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Pretty sure the only guy we've brought in for a top 30 visit, who's also a possibility at #6, is Roquan.

That said, a lot of times these visits are for guys teams are on the fence about. And as has been mentioned, we've met with Chubb a lot already. So it's not shocking to me that we haven't brought him in. Or, who knows, Ballard could just not be that high on Chubb.

If I am not mistaken, Quentin Nelson was a guy they brought in also two weekends ago. BUT then again I could be mistaken and it was the colts who went to him in south bend....... as far as chubb goes, I honestly do not think the colts believe he will be there at 6. Especially after the Giants came out and said they want Darnold and that if he is not available at 2 that they would go Chubb or Barkley. either way I don't think he makes it past 4 anyway. I think the browns will go Barkley or Chubb at 4 which ever is available after getting Darnold at 1.  Everyone keeps saying 4 QB's will be off the board in the top 5, But the broncos and Giants are not in need of a QB this year. yes it would be ideal for them to draft one but it isn't a pressing need as both have their starting QB already. 

• Like 1

History tells us that it’s very likely for over half of our draft picks not to have a visit. 

I will never forget Donald Brown’s answer after he was drafted by us. He was asked if the Colts had spoken to him before the draft. He said that he hadn’t talked to them at all, and didn’t even know the Colts were interested in him.

I think the prospects understand the gamesmanship surrounding the draft. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

History tells us that it’s very likely for over half of our draft picks not to have a visit. 

I will never forget Donald Brown’s answer after he was drafted by us. He was asked if the Colts had spoken to him before the draft. He said that he hadn’t talked to them at all, and didn’t even know the Colts were interested in him.

I think the prospects understand the gamesmanship surrounding the draft. 

I think that is one example why our drafting started to turn bad around that time. Not having a private visit, I can understand but not talking to the kid at all? Do your homework.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Because Ballard plans on trading down. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a few offers on the table and he's holding out until draft day when the value increases and he can get more for #6

This. 

Arizona or Buffalo will trade up to get a QB. By waiting until the clock is ticking (which is what I believe will happen) he may even get a better deal for 6 than he did for 3. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly Td12. I don't get it either. It's not like Chubb is blowing INDY off on purpose & like countless others have already said, Ballard & other Colt personnel presumably chatted with him at the combine. 

It's not like he went on NFL Total Access & said INDY is a horrible franchise that he refuses to ever play for. 

Lol could u imagine 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

This. 

Arizona or Buffalo will trade up to get a QB. By waiting until the clock is ticking (which is what I believe will happen) he may even get a better deal for 6 than he did for 3. 

If Chubb, Nelson or Barkley is there which they probably will be 1-2 of them ..... we won’t be trading down. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

I don't think that Hooker was brought in for an interview last year. We already knew how good he was.

Ballard said they brought him in for top 30 at the last minute.  He spoke on it after the draft.   Overall I do agree that even though we don't bring a prospect in it doesn't mean we dont have interest.

4 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Because Ballard plans on trading down. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a few offers on the table and he's holding out until draft day when the value increases and he can get more for #6

Meh we won't know the value of 6 until draft day.  

If 4 QB's go in the top 5 then 6 isn't going to have that much value.

However if only 2 go then 6 could be pretty valuable.  

Realistically it's all rather meaningless, a lot of players have been drafted by teams they had no idea where interested in them.  

Like I said we had a first rounder not too long ago, I think it was Dorsett say that he only talked to someone from the Colts for like 5 minutes early in the process and never heard anything from them again.  

Chubb has already gotten more interest then that.  

If the Colts feel like they already have enough information, they arn't going to contact him anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Meh we won't know the value of 6 until draft day.  

If 4 QB's go in the top 5 then 6 isn't going to have that much value.

However if only 2 go then 6 could be pretty valuable.  

depends how teams value the qbs too

mayfield isnt worth a big trade imo, even if i needed a qb

i wouldnt trade for allen either, im shocked hes getting #1 consideration 

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

depends how teams value the qbs too

mayfield isnt worth a big trade imo, even if i needed a qb

i wouldnt trade for allen either, im shocked hes getting #1 consideration 

I'm certainly with you on Allen.  He's the QB that is going in the first round that I 100% do not believe in at all.  

Bad accuracy, played extremely poorly against better teams like Iowa and Oregon.  (I'm an Iowa fan and watched him against Iowa, he was just as bad as his stats indicate.)   Plus the fact that he needs so much development that scouts have said "he's more skillset then QB"

QB's already have to go through a ton of work and coaching to play successfully at the NFL level.  So you are going to try to teach him that, how to throw an accurate football and several other basics that he apparently didn't pick up in college?  

But hey if a team ahead of the Colts in the draft wants to blow a 1st on him, that's fine by me, leaves more players who actually know how to play the game of football for the Colts to pick from.

I'm convinced that the Browns will probably pick him because they always blow 1st rounders on terrible quarterbacks.  I hope they don't because no city deserves to see their team win a little then Cleveland.  But taking Allen would be such the Browns thing to do. 

• Like 1

I think the Colts are sitting in pretty position either way.  If there's a run on QB's, then one of their top 2 players will be available.  If not, then the trade back possibilities will be available.  Either way the Colts are primed to help themselves quite well on Day 1.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, Valpo2004 said:

Didn't we have a player drafted in the 1st in the last few years that said he was surprised the Colts drafted him because he had almost no contact with the team save for a brief interview??

I want to say it was Dorsett but I'm not for certain.

If a team feels they have the information they need on a player they arn't going to go any further.  This isn't college recruiting where you constantly have to show interest to get the player to sign on with your team.  

I don't think using Dorsett in this argument helps.

:D

On 4/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

They met with him at the combine AND at his Pro day.

They likely feel they don't need a one on one interview with him.   Great player/person on AND off the field.   Another meeting likely isn't needed.

Exactly. It's also been pretty well-documented that GMs often bring in guys for visits that they have no intention of drafting purely to create a smokescreen.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

They likely feel they don't need a one on one interview with him.   Great player/person on AND off the field.   Another meeting likely isn't needed.

If he's there at 6 , he's getting picked. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Exactly. I think the Colts think they know all they need to know about him.