Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New OL observation

Matabix

Our line is already better without draft. Still need to draft OL. Here's my reasoning. 

1)Everyone is healthy

2)new quick passing scheme

3)new strength guy - will help with injuries and Haeg. I like Haeg, great footwork and knowledge, but i think when he got beat, it was because he got overpowered.

4) Remember we fell in love with Dayshawn Boyd.

So right now i could see OL starting line up of:

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

You have Slauson's veteran leadership helping Haeg. AC helping Kelleys new spot, and 2 former C's helping Boyd. I call that a win, win, win.

5 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Our line is already better without draft. Still need to draft OL. Here's my reasoning. 

1)Everyone is healthy

3)new strength guy - will help with injuries and Haeg. I like Haeg, great footwork and knowledge, but i think when he got beat, it was because he got overpowered.

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

You have Slauson's veteran leadership helping Haeg. AC helping Kelleys new spot, and 2 former C's helping Boyd. I call that a win, win, win.

Only 1 problem Kelly is our C

6 minutes ago, Matabix said:

1)Everyone is healthy

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

No put Mewhort back at LG keep Kelly at center he hasn't allowed a sack since he got drafted by us and put Slauson at RG or draft a Guard

22 minutes ago, Matabix said:

1)Everyone is healthy

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

Luck to IR game one.  Season over.

25 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

We will hopefully draft a starting guard and/or RT but if all these guys where healthy and we had a game tomorrow IMO the starting lineup would be AC, JM, RK, MS, DG. Haeg, Bond and Clark would be our swing backups. 

Haeg is better then Good at tackle js. Haeg just needed a better oline and strength coach really then he could really be something tbh 

4 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

Haeg is better then Good at tackle js. Haeg just needed a better oline and strength coach really then he could really be something tbh 

I've watch every game and Haeg has not impressed me a whole lot. He's a solid backup but I don't see him ever being much more than a slight upgrade to Joe Reitz but I hope I'm wrong. Good was by far our best RT before his injury IMO. However, as I stated in both my posts in this thread This Is Just My Opinion.

Only didn't include Jack at this time cause he maybe still recovering. Only reason i moved Kelley over was i thought he could make the adjustment better than Boyd. Yes we need help in the draft. OG and OT. My point of this is we are better right now than at end of season.

If we go D with the first, the only real player I think falls to #2 is Isiah Wynn.  Billy Price and Hernandez are close to locks at being gone.  I do see some good tackle depth for the 3rd or fourth rounds.  I'd be tempted to reach for Greg Senat, a star of the East West game.  Brett Toth could be a good backup.  If we grab those guys, I'd be pretty comfortable with the RT, but the guards would still be a hot mess.  If we don't want to burn our first #2 pick, I'm hoping we pick up some more veterans, possibly roster cut downs.  I don't want our QBs getting hurt, but there is a load of talent at our first two 2nd round picks.

I haven't seen anything out of Haeg, and Kelly is not a guard.  I do like Bond a lot as a backup.  Why was Slauson let go if he was so cheap?  Is he healthy?  Is he Schwenke 2.0?

Good at RT had moments, and Bond.  Literally no guard talent.  A guy off the street like Shane Luavao would be a huge boost over that bunch.  I know with our history it seems impossible to build a steady if not good OL, but I don't think it is as tricky as our history suggests.  Polian wasn't great at picking OL, and Grigson was worse, but hopefully we finally have a guy who can look at one of those big beautiful monsters and say, "That guy can play."  Until things are ironed out, no 7 step drops.

I'm saying at this moment right now. I would love to get Nelson, Price and ONeil. Only reason I moved Kelley to guard is I think he would be better than Boyd. If Jack is healthy than yea, put him back at LG, Kelley C and Slauson RG. Still like Good alot at G. Remember 2nd or 3rd game 2 years ago against Eagles, they pulled a stunt and he put his hand in the chest of 2 defenders and they didn't move.

13 hours ago, Matabix said:

1)Everyone is healthy

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

We are for sure going to draft an offensive lineman in the first 4 picks, hopefully that will be our new starting RT

13 hours ago, Matabix said:

1)Everyone is healthy

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

Kelly at center where he belongs and put bond at LG.

10 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I doubt it....knee degeneration takes a while. My guess is his knees didn't look great at the draft, but serviceable. More injuries are doing him in. I could certainly be wrong. 

I think this is better said.  That was during the 2015 season and before he lost some or all of the next two years because of his knees.  

I don't think Bond stays here over Person.  Person was really solid filling in for Kelly.

I guess the determining factor between keeping one over the other will be who can play Guard better.  That will probably be Person.  Actually I just checked the roster I don't see person there anymore so I guess that's that!  Hmmmm

I know I get names mixed up all the time too but if your going to continue to put his name into the starting lineup and say its fixed lets work on getting the guys name correct. I could be wrong but Josh Boyd got released last year...and he played on the DL....not OL. Now Deyshawn Bond started the season at center before getting hurt and Mike Person finished the season at Center for us and I thought filled in quite nicely but I know not who this Boyd guy is. I'm not sure either would benefit us to move Kelly from center so they can play. That said I was up late last night and maybe my brain isn't working.

17 hours ago, Matabix said:

1)Everyone is healthy

LT AC

LG Kelley

C Boyd

RG Slauson

RT Haeg

If you are ok with slauson,Boyd, and haeg as starters then you must not care about Andrew luck much. At this point we need to draft Nelson. I’m sorry but lucks health matters most this season. Castonzo is getting worse every season, Kelly has health issues. #teamNelson

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I know I get names mixed up all the time too but if your going to continue to put his name into the starting lineup and say its fixed lets work on getting the guys name correct. I could be wrong but Josh Boyd got released last year...and he played on the DL....not OL. Now Deyshawn Bond started the season at center before getting hurt and Mike Person finished the season at Center for us and I thought filled in quite nicely but I know not who this Boyd guy is. I'm not sure either would benefit us to move Kelly from center so they can play. That said I was up late last night and maybe my brain isn't working.

Me too.   It drives me crazy when people keep getting Andrew Duck wrong.

35 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

If you are ok with slauson,Boyd, and haeg as starters then you must not care about Andrew luck much. At this point we need to draft Nelson. I’m sorry but lucks health matters most this season. Castonzo is getting worse every season, Kelly has health issues. #teamNelson

I've said many times, I'm talking right now this moment. I would like an OT and OG in the first 2 rounds. I'm saying we are better at this moment for the pieces other than just the OL has made it better.