Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New OL observation

Matabix

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think Bond stays here over Person.  Person was really solid filling in for Kelly.

I guess the determining factor between keeping one over the other will be who can play Guard better.  That will probably be Person.  Actually I just checked the roster I don't see person there anymore so I guess that's that!  Hmmmm

I agree, but Person is a Free Agent. No rumors listing anyone pursuing him at this point.

17 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

If you are ok with slauson,Boyd, and haeg as starters then you must not care about Andrew luck much. At this point we need to draft Nelson. I’m sorry but lucks health matters most this season. Castonzo is getting worse every season, Kelly has health issues. #teamNelson

I’m convinced that half of the Colts Oline woes were injuries, scheme and inexperience by Brissett. All of these issues are being addressed. But they do need help and if they landed Nelson, I’d be okay with that.

If Chubb is there, I’d be disappointed if they didn’t take him. They can get some Oline help in the 2nd round.

I think Ballard entered FA and the draft with the no.1 intent on significantly up grading the OL.  Plan A failed when he tried to get Norwell and the other top OL prospects but lost because he wasn't going to overpay.  That's who he is.  He went to plan B by resigning Mewhort and getting Slauson to make sure he had added at least some experience and quality to the group. He is now moving to plan C which is the draft and or trade or combination of both.  I think plan C is where we are going two add two new starters to the OL.  I'm looking forward to plan C and finally getting our OL fixed.  

I for one think that it is assanine to think we should settle with this group. The could be good if healthy, might make it there, can they compete etc, is nonsense. I want little to zero doubt. No more revolving door. We arent winning the SB most likely but the time to build a solid line is now. Sick and tired of leading league in sacks allowed, mediocre run game, and being without our main guy. We dont even know if AC is going to hold up or has lost yet another step. We addressed the D last year in draft and FA, this year its O time. Ballard said when hired its done in the trenches. Our first 2 or 3 picks need to go OL imo.