• Andrew Luck
    • Ty Hilton
    • Pat McAfee
    • Bob Sanders
    • Bert Jones
    • Marlin Jackson
    • Tony Siragusa
    • Art Donovan

I voted for Luck as not been watching as long as a lot of you guys, and he is the main attraction during my time watching.  He was the name on my first jersey too, plus, gotta love that neckbeard!!!! haha

Only thing I want from him is a bit less of the "nice hit" kind of chat to the other team during the game.....I want him ruthless.

Marvin is hard to pick against.  But I give Reggie a slight edge because after Grigson initially tossed him aside for Garcon until he refused to resign and Reggie came back to us, swallowing his pride and being, in my opinion, the key reason Luck was able to take us to 11-5 3 years in a row out of the box and then when he asked for one last year to get all his numbers in line with a first ballot HOF (he only needed 3rd string level stats that year to lock them down and pass Marvin in multiple major categories) Grigson the * kicked him to the curb when in truth even at his age he would have significantly outperformed in his sleep the guy from Houston we replaced him with for WAY more wasted money and in the end he still remained the classy guy he'd always been even with Grigson's knife squarely in his back.  Without Reggie, TY doesn't develop so fast and we don't likely win as many games those key 3 seasons and maybe don't even make the playoffs one or more of those years.   Reggie was class all the way.  Marvin unfortunately had that shooting issue before what likely would have been his final year which people kind of ignored in general which tilts it in Reggie's favor I think.   I will say that Marvin was the guy who invented some of the techniques we see nearly all receivers use though, so it's a tough call.  

• Like 1

Disappointed to see that almost/all of the guys listed are since 2000.  Does the OP know the Colts have a LONG history prior to 2000?

My favorite Colt of all-time is Mike Curtis.  He epitomized what "defense" was all about when I was growing up in the 70's. He intimidated & punished opponents like no other DB in the league.  Today's receivers wouldn't last a single game with this guy patrolling the secondary. FACT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Pat. Friggin. Beach.

Any other answer is wrong.

Although I quite miss Raul Allegre... :(

I am ashamed to admit I forgot him... But to my defense, I was a youngster during the twilight days of his career. Incredible player. From my perspective (I was very short by even kid standards), he looked like a mountain of a man. 

What...no Tony Siragusa on this list. I've been a fan since they arrived in Indy but of course when Jim Harbaugh came along and gave us some relevance that was when I started taking the Colts seriously. Some guys like Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk etc I loved but they were better known on other teams. I know my sister would say Dallas Clark....she had a big crush on him lol.

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Baltimore - Mike Curtis; Art Donovan (post career TV appearances...guy was hilarious!)

Indianapolis - Tony Siragusa

donovan's book FATSO is a good one.  Goose was awesome too.

My favorite is harbaugh but i picked bob.  Almost didn't vote because it feels wrong not to pick Marv.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Disappointed to see that almost/all of the guys listed are since 2000.  Does the OP know the Colts have a LONG history prior to 2000?

My favorite Colt of all-time is Mike Curtis.  He epitomized what "defense" was all about when I was growing up in the 70's. He intimidated & punished opponents like no other DB in the league.  Today's receivers wouldn't last a single game with this guy patrolling the secondary. FACT.

Y’all got to understand I ain’t that old.

been a fan since early 2000s so I ain’t up on all the knowledge about the 50s. 

Anyway ay that’s why I added a n other option so you can comment :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I love Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck but my favorite Indianapolis Colt of all time is without a doubt Pat McAfee. Gotta love "Boomstick"!

giphy.gif

Didn't Pat sign with the WWE?? Maybe you can still get your McAfee "BOOMSTICK" on Monday Night Raw now.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/03/21/pat-mcafee-gets-deeper-into-wwe/447145002/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn't Pat sign with the WWE?? Maybe you can still get your McAfee "BOOMSTICK" on Monday Night Raw now.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/03/21/pat-mcafee-gets-deeper-into-wwe/447145002/

Not really a WWE fan. I just loved how Pat seems to be an everyday guy. He seems down to earth and the life of the party. Plus I think the way he handled himself after his swim in the canal proves that he doesn't take himself or his status as a professional athlete too seriously. He was one of the players who understood that it is entertainment and he made things entertaining. Still does!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Not really a WWE fan. I just loved how Pat seems to be an everyday guy. He seems down to earth and the life of the party. Plus I think the way he handled himself after his swim in the canal proves that he doesn't take himself or his status as a professional athlete too seriously. He was one of the players who understood that it is entertainment and he made things entertaining. Still does!

Indeed. He was very good with the fans and being accessible. His humor is not my taste but he was a man of the people for sure.

• Like 1

Reggie Reggie Reggie...... My fav of all time. Loved his play on the field and also the passion he played with. Such a hard worker. First thing my newborn son wore five years ago was a Reggie Wayne Wonsie jersey ( took awhile for me and the wife to agree on that one). 

So torn between Marvin and Gary Brackett. 

1. Marvin: So smooth, the most precise route runner I've ever seen, insane hands and great feet on the sidelines

2. I'm a Rutgers alum, I went classes with Gary Brackett at RU. He is a really good dude. He was a walk on at Rutgers and scrapped his way to being a team captain. He was an undrafted free agent with the Colts and scrapped his way to being defensive captain. Has one of the saddest personal stories you can imagine, yet went on to be successful on and off the field. Plus, had Nick Harper not cut into the middle of the field, his forced fumble on Bettis would be one of the most legendary Colts plays of all time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Reality Check said:

A few things:   98% of the fans here are Indy era fans.  Further, when it comes to the Colts, there is little difference between 2000 and 1973.  Let's name every Colt great from '73-'00 who was overlooked.  It won't take long.

I voted Andrew Luck, because I love him as the QB of my favorite team and just because of who he is as a man. But outside of that...

Robert Mathis because he’s a baaaaddd dude and bleeds blue, through and through. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

A few things:   98% of the fans here are Indy era fans.  Further, when it comes to the Colts, there is little difference between 2000 and 1973.  Let's name every Colt great from '73-'00 who was overlooked.  It won't take long.

Lydell Mitchell

Ted Hendricks

Mike Curtis

Roger Carr

Curtis Dickey

Chris Hinton

Bill Brooks

Eric Dickerson

John Harbaugh

Marshall Faulk

Ken Dilger

Jeff Saturday

Nah, it didn't take long.

I am sure if I looked harder I could find more but these are off the top of my head. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Describe "Indy area".

I doubt it's 98%

Why did you start with 1973?

27 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Describe "Indy area".

I doubt it's 98%

Why did you start with 1973?

'84, beyond 

98% might be low.  

'73?  The somewhat random(within a year or two) starting point of the 25 year decline of this franchise.  

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

'84, beyond 

98% might be low.  

'73?  The somewhat random(within a year or two) starting point of the 25 year decline of this franchise.  

Ah, my bad.

You did say era. Don't know why I originally read it as area. 

98% may be about right, then.