Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Have Three Interviews Lined Up.

1959Colts

7 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have to say, with some of the names being tossed about...

Dave Toub is looking better and better.

Image result for dave toub

I'm a man by the way, but even I have to admit that is one amazing looking gent who looks like a winner.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Ballard might have preferred Toub.  Reportedly Jimmy's daughters wanted someone younger however.  

Toub/Bevell/Eberflus and some sort of a combination of the KC/Seattle model is probably what Ballard and staff preferred anyway.  Put Luck in Seattle's offense and give him a special back in Barkley.

4 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

The sad truth is there is no acceptable or good option at this point.  We are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I fully expect whoever we go with to be a complete and total failure.  At least I won't have to shell out 200 dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.

You need to get with the times. The internet is a beautiful thing as I watch all Colts game for free! The internet is awesome! 

3 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

The third round pick means nothing if we don't have a quality coach and none of the likely candidates are anywhere near a good coach  I came here to be with other fans of a team I used to love.  To perhaps feel better about a team I used to love becoming a dumpster fire.  To commiserate with one another and  in doing so maybe not be as upset.  I read the rules thoroughly before posting and there is no rule that says you have to be all rainbows and sunshine.  If you want to be all rainbows and sunshine about this then go right ahead, you have that right just as I have every right to vent and say how poorly this whole situation was handled and be upset that now we are stuck with some loser of a coach.

The fact is Mcdaniels isn't a quality coach either. So we really should have all been upset well before now. We all had hoped that he had changed and matured but he hasn't, which means we lost out on the good choices a long time ago because we made the wrong choice. It's not the end of the world, and there are still good options. There's only 32 positions, and how many millions of people who could fill them? The Colts will be fine. We could have kept pagano. 

4 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

The third round pick means nothing if we don't have a quality coach and none of the likely candidates are anywhere near a good coach  I came here to be with other fans of a team I used to love.  To perhaps feel better about a team I used to love becoming a dumpster fire.  To commiserate with one another and  in doing so maybe not be as upset.  I read the rules thoroughly before posting and there is no rule that says you have to be all rainbows and sunshine.  If you want to be all rainbows and sunshine about this then go right ahead, you have that right just as I have every right to vent and say how poorly this whole situation was handled and be upset that now we are stuck with some loser of a coach.

Nobody here is being all rainbows and sunshine.

Using hindsight to say this was poorly handled just to rectify you being upset does no good at this point. We can sit around for the 10 weeks crying in our milk or move on. I for one am not going to let what McDaniels and Kraft did get me all bent. Then that is exactly what Kraft wanted. Screw both of them.

Ballard has said he has a long list of candidates before this so pull it out, lets see.

This team has faced much worse things than this and survived and didn't fold, why start now?

I like the OC of the team that actually won the Superbowl.  

Who ever it is, it should be someone who isn't a complete jerk to string along a team for weeks with the promise of taking their job and then backing out at the last minute after they had already arranged everything for you.  

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

The problem now is we’re interviewing guys we didn’t interview the first time around. They’re not even second choices, they’re thirds. 

I like the idea of Reich or Toub, but it does beg the question of why they couldn’t get an interview originally. 

There probably are some college coaches we interviewed that we didn't hear the names of because they requested privacy. 

Just now, stitches said:

There probably are some college coaches we interviewed that we didn't hear the names of because they requested privacy. 

There aren’t many interviews for head coaching jobs that don’t get reported. Especially when it’s other NFL coaches as candidates. 

9 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Except no to the Foles thing lol.  Too much money for a back up...

That's why I prefaced by saying IF Luck needs more surgery. In that case you're not looking for a back up, you're looking for a starter because Luck would probably miss the season again.

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd get Arians out of retirement, and everyone would be on board here right away.

No they wouldn't :P  I'd prefer someone that will run more of a WC type offense.  I'd take Darrell Bevell or Rick Dennison over Arians.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

The problem now is we’re interviewing guys we didn’t interview the first time around. They’re not even second choices, they’re thirds. 

I like the idea of Reich or Toub, but it does beg the question of why they couldn’t get an interview originally. 

Who cares....it's not as if coaching searches are exact sciences.  Top candidates fail all the time, under the radar candidates succeed all the time.  Its not as if McDaniels was some established commodity gauraunteed to succeed.  It's just as likely he would've failed (again.)  You just never know. 

So If the new coach is Reich, or Toub, or Matt Ruhle.....if they end up being successful, does anyone really care what "choice" they were?