Colts Have Three Interviews Lined Up.

1959Colts

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're at the bottom of the barrel... I like Toub a lot right now, but what about Jim Bob Cooter? Seriously. Lol. Dude is an offensive guru with Indianapolis ties. I think he could be a good coach for us and as of now, I don't think he's hired back on as the coordinator for the Lions. Also, I think we might end up with Schwartz, whom I don't love or hate more than McDaniels.

56 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Too bad we didn't go after Wilks instead

Both you & krunk wanted him bad. I'm no expert, but like I said before in that other thread, the man has a presence no question. 

I can't really say I knew how great he would have been for us without your recommendations, but yes, I agree you guys were right. So, I'll just ride your coattails. AZ Cardinals hired a fine coach. He gave 1 hades of a introductory press conference. 

That's what I worry about now. All the best & brightest locked up with contracts already. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Both you & krunk wanted him bad. I'm no expert, but like I said before in that other thread, the man has a presence no question. 

I can't really say I knew how great he would have been for us without your recommendations, but yes, I agree you guys were right. So, I'll just ride your coattails. AZ Cardinals hired a fine coach. He gave 1 hades of a introductory press conference. 

That's what I worry about now. All the best & brightest locked up with contracts already. 

Same.  At this point in the game I think the Colts are pretty much screwed.

43 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Only time will tell if I was right but to me Wilks was a no brainer the more I learned. You couldn't hardly find anyone around him from players past and present to Head Coaches to say that he was anything less than outstanding. You had guys like Mike Tomlin a coach from somebody else's team picking up the phone and giving recommendations. The players who spoke well did so because they thought he was an excellent coach, commanded respect and accountability along with demanding that guys be sharp and on the details. It was not your typical players coach stuff. Hes the type of coach that we got out of Dungy, but more aggressive. A developer of men. The type of guy who can easily get guys to buy in to what hes selling. The type of guy who can check you hard but still leave you feeling like a man. You need that in a leader. I never saw that with Mcdaniels and I never stopped being concerned.

Jacob Tamme  
Jacob Tamme   

@JacobTamme

I’ve seen some others say this (@theMMQB) but if the @Colts want a guy with potential to be a serious leader of men, impeccable character, not to mention OC of SB champs... Frank Reich.

1 hour ago, ricker182 said:

What is Vince Lombardi doing these days?  

Wouldn't we automatically win the trophy since it's technically his?

We can also have him take away the Patriots trophies. If he can't do that, he can draw asterisks on them.

I wonder if the colts are still about getting an offensive coach, or if they're just looking for the best option at this point. This late in the process, my guess is the latter I think.

Toub or Reich likely the best options now. 

Or screw it. Go get Peyton. haha Probably a horrible decision but at this point I don't even care (which is why it's good I'm not a GM). 

Del Rio. Been so mad I've tried to stay away but screw it. I hope McDaniels is cursed the rest of his life in every aspect of his life. He failed in Denver anyways. Seems like he backed out on us cause he's a scared little sissy. The Son of a ___ prolly got to thinking how much It'd hurt him if he failed with Luck. A top 5 caliber young QB. That would be pretty shameful and it shows hes got absolutely zero.......we'll say guts but everyone knows what I'm saying he has none of. Scared little !!!!!!!!! And I absolutely wish nothing but the worst to you and on you Josh McJudas.. Yeah NE was his little happy place home. BUT HE MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH US AND BACKED OUT.. Betrayal is pretty serious in my eyes. You make a deal. You keep your word If your a man. And when does NE come here anyway ? When they do we need to throw batteries at him. I'm getting more angry at this dirty rat. So just mentally insert a Middle Finger emoji or worse here.. Now insert the posters who'll be mad at me for this post and for having hatred for a dirty rat who betrayed our team, AND OUR CITY AND STATE TOO. Remember that before anyone blasts me.

The sad truth is there is no acceptable or good option at this point.  We are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I fully expect whoever we go with to be a complete and total failure.  At least I won't have to shell out 200 dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.

1 minute ago, Andrew86 said:

The sad truth is there is no acceptable or good option at this point.  We are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I fully expect whoever we go with to be a complete and total failure.  At least I won't have to shell out 200 dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.

Lol

1 hour ago, Andrew86 said:

If that is the case why are you even here?  Just to whine?  Look, I have faith in Irsay and Ballard. We didn't get the guy we thought we would. So what? Move on and get the next man up. We have the 3 rd pick in the draft and a good amount of cap space.  It's not all doom and gloom.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

If that is the case why are you even here?  Just to whine?  Look, I have faith in Irsay and Ballard. We didn't get the guy we thought we would. So what? Move on and get the next man up. We have the 3 rd pick in the draft and a good amount of cap space.  It's not all doom and gloom.

The third round pick means nothing if we don't have a quality coach and none of the likely candidates are anywhere near a good coach  I came here to be with other fans of a team I used to love.  To perhaps feel better about a team I used to love becoming a dumpster fire.  To commiserate with one another and  in doing so maybe not be as upset.  I read the rules thoroughly before posting and there is no rule that says you have to be all rainbows and sunshine.  If you want to be all rainbows and sunshine about this then go right ahead, you have that right just as I have every right to vent and say how poorly this whole situation was handled and be upset that now we are stuck with some loser of a coach.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Only time will tell if I was right but to me Wilks was a no brainer the more I learned. You couldn't hardly find anyone around him from players past and present to Head Coaches to say that he was anything less than outstanding. You had guys like Mike Tomlin a coach from somebody else's team picking up the phone and giving recommendations. The players who spoke well did so because they thought he was an excellent coach, commanded respect and accountability along with demanding that guys be sharp and on the details. It was not your typical players coach stuff. Hes the type of coach that we got out of Dungy, but more aggressive. A developer of men. The type of guy who can easily get guys to buy in to what hes selling. The type of guy who can check you hard but still leave you feeling like a man. You need that in a leader. I never saw that with Mcdaniels and I never stopped being concerned.

Crap, now I'm really depressed over that glowing assessment of Steve's ability to motivate, push the right buttons, & just get others to follow you day in day out. INDY could have had all this. Wow. 

Thanks as always krunk for clueing me into high caliber coaches & players we need to pay attention to as the Combine approaches etc etc. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just spit my coffee out.

Like dating an ex wife or girlfriend a second time...There's a reason you separated & parted ways the first time. 

I like Jim & want him to do well...in another city...Been down that road before...No need to drive down that stretch again. 

Good luck Caldwell. You deserve another coaching opportunity. I hold no ill will toward you personally. 

36 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

The third round pick means nothing if we don't have a quality coach and none of the likely candidates are anywhere near a good coach  I came here to be with other fans of a team I used to love.  To perhaps feel better about a team I used to love becoming a dumpster fire.  To commiserate with one another and  in doing so maybe not be as upset.  I read the rules thoroughly before posting and there is no rule that says you have to be all rainbows and sunshine.  If you want to be all rainbows and sunshine about this then go right ahead, you have that right just as I have every right to vent and say how poorly this whole situation was handled and be upset that now we are stuck with some loser of a coach.

Who did you want? Who is the big name we missed out on?

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have to say, with some of the names being tossed about...

Dave Toub is looking better and better.

Image result for dave toub

When I first saw that photo, I did a double take thinking it was Rex Ryan. Not an exact replica of course, but some doppelgänger similarities no doubt. Just sayin'.

635767310565632446-USP-NFL-Preseason-Pit

Alright, I gotta call it a night since I have a consultation for knee surgery tomorrow afternoon. Why is it when your young you wanna be older & when you get older you think back to when you were younger? I know; I know. I'm not exactly ancient by any means...Recovery time slows down the older a person gets sometimes though. Anyway, until next time...