IndyD4U

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i would keep ty, rather take that trade

you have to assume gordon is done, in a trading scenario.  dont want to get burned in a trade because you assigned some value to having gordon but then he never plays 

Well, I for one never said I would agree with trading TY nor did I say that Gordon had value right now. I just said that if the colts really are considering trading TY to the Browns then the trade would go down potentially either way with or without the rights to Gordon, so I would just ask for the rights as a throw it in for fun kinda deal. Clearly the browns don't want him...

6 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Did you just compare Hilton to future HOFer Wayne ? Hiltons always been inconsistent , putting up stats against out garbage division . Now that's he's needed, he isn't doing a damn thing .Sure it has something to do with him . He's getting paid like a 1 receiver and playing second fiddle to a free agent tight end. 

I hear you man. Respectfully disagree 150,000%.

Guy had 1600 yds 12 months ago and is now bum. Tough crowd in here.

7 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Did you just compare Hilton to future HOFer Wayne ? Hiltons always been inconsistent , putting up stats against out garbage division . Now that's he's needed, he isn't doing a damn thing .Sure it has something to do with him . He's getting paid like a 1 receiver and playing second fiddle to a free agent tight end. 

I love reggie as much as the next person around here, but he's not getting into the HoF. Hilton's been inconsistent, but he's won us a crap ton of games, and against good oppositions and you know it. WRs can only do so much if they don't get help from play calling and good QB play. There's one receiver who transcends play calling and QB play and that's Julio Jones. The rest need help. Should they be traded? Antonio Brown made a big fuss 2 weeks back and called out the play calling of the steelers, should they trade him?

And are we hard pressed for cap? No, so it doesn't matter didly squat what he's getting paid.

I just don't get the logic behind trading him. Someone, please explain it to me.

56 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Cleveland also has Texans 1st and 2nd.  The twitter I saw said Colts are *asking* for Cleveland 2nd from Texans.. so a mid 2nd at best.  I hope we keep TY.

I'd probably only make the deal if Indy got Cleveland's high 2nd at the very least. 

7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Kareem Hunt :thmup:

what about quincy wilson?  thats the caliber we can expect to get out of that range

hunt has been the best player in the draft, thats being incredibly optimistic to think we would get that out of this trade 

24 minutes ago, IinD said:

I hear you man. Respectfully disagree 150,000%.

Guy had 1600 yds 12 months ago and is now bum. Tough crowd in here.

It doesn't take much for fans to turn against a player. Jack Doyle had a couple poor games and he was suddenly a bum.

Lot of y'all talking about TY disappearing. You realise our only 2 wins came when TY had 170 and 150 yards, respectively? He's super important to this offense.

Has he disappeared at times? Yes. But he's also playing with his backup QB who is 8 weeks removed since joining this team. With Luck last year, he led the league in receiving yards.

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Lot of y'all talking about TY disappearing. You realise our only 2 wins came when TY had 170 and 150 yards, respectively? He's super important to this offense.

Has he disappeared at times? Yes. But he's also playing with his backup QB who is 8 weeks removed since joining this team. With Luck last year, he led the league in receiving yards.

This is why if Hilton is really on the block there is more going on behind the scenes than we as fans know . 

I'll admit, those picks do sound tempting, but the point of getting those picks is so you can draft some guys who will hopefully be important pieces of your team down the line. Those players usually take like 2-3 years at least to fully develop into core pieces (if they do at all).

TY Hilton is already a core piece. He's also still young and on an affordable contract. 

Even though i agree we're rebuilding, the Colts will still want to compete next year with Luck back and healthy. You're doing no favours to anyone by getting rid of his best target.

1 hour ago, Derakynn said:

Stupid trade for both teams. T.Y. isn't taking how the team is doing right now very well, you think he will just accept playing for a team that basically never had success?

Who really cares how TY may do with the Browns?  If they are willing to give a high pick then take it!

1 hour ago, mahagga73 said:

Or disappear completely for two straight games . Clearly Luck is the reason behind Hiltons success and Ballard knows it. 

He's disappeared in games with Luck.  He torches bad teams and is ghost against the better teams.  Ballard has watched more tape than any of us.  I'm sure he's even look at TY's past film.  He sees TY get manhandled at the line and not getting much separation.  I can't fault Ballard for shopping him around if he's trying to remake the team how he wants it and Ballard's vision for the team may not include a small, fast receiver.  

Seems to me if you trade TY for a 2nd round draft pick, there’s about a 40%-50% chance you traded him away for nothing (a failed draft pick - which happens with regularity) and you have just created another positional need to fill.  

I am not the biggest TY fan, but I would think it asinine to trade him away for a hit and miss 2nd round pick.  The point is to BUILD the roster, not remove / replace / just spin your wheels.

I would think it far smarter to worry about filling other positions of far more need and at the same time, look to improve your WR depth, rather than trade away your main receiver weapon. (TY IS their primary receiver weapon, regardless of the fact that he has had a tough several games - mirroring the team’s struggles.)

9 hours ago, myic90 said:

I love reggie as much as the next person around here, but he's not getting into the HoF. Hilton's been inconsistent, but he's won us a crap ton of games, and against good oppositions and you know it. WRs can only do so much if they don't get help from play calling and good QB play. There's one receiver who transcends play calling and QB play and that's Julio Jones. The rest need help. Should they be traded? Antonio Brown made a big fuss 2 weeks back and called out the play calling of the steelers, should they trade him?

And are we hard pressed for cap? No, so it doesn't matter didly squat what he's getting paid.

I just don't get the logic behind trading him. Someone, please explain it to me.

Reggie's getting into the hall , watch. He's a tweener , but he has a shot eventually.