Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's just be positive post!

horseshoecrabs

We looked competitive in the first half.  Besides, this game loss just gave us another higher pick in next years draft.  I liked the way our defense looked for the first half of the game. Also, we finally have a good backup QB.  we're also closer to Luck coming back.

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Positive - the rest of the division is 2-2 and Houston and Jacksonville have tough games next week.  If we can get the 49er game and Luck returns, we still have a shot.  49er game is a must.

I've heard that Luck will need about 4 weeks of practice before he's ready for live game action. This is based on Dr. Chao's assessment.

Also, when Luck returns, expect him to be very rusty. He hasn't played a live game or even had a preseason game. Just because he may return to the lineup doesn't mean we can expect to win. It will take time.

I have a question.

How many of the games so far do people think Andrew Luck would have won?  Brissett is 1-2, and Tolzein is 0-1, but the only game we lost so far that a more skilled quarterback might have won, is possible Arizona.  The Rams game and the Seattle game were both defensive disasters that it would have taken an act of God for any quarterback to win.

48 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I've heard that Luck will need about 4 weeks of practice before he's ready for live game action. This is based on Dr. Chao's assessment.

Also, when Luck returns, expect him to be very rusty. He hasn't played a live game or even had a preseason game. Just because he may return to the lineup doesn't mean we can expect to win. It will take time.

I didn't say we were winning the Super Bowl.  I said we would have a shot - a shot to be in playoff contention at the end.   

7 hours ago, Flash7 said:

That's what people don't seem to understand. Luck will be rusty and we could very easily lose a couple of games while he works off that rust. Peyton was not very good after his knee surgery and missing all of the preseason and it took him about 4 games to get things together. 

8 hours ago, Flash7 said:

He probably will be a little rusty but he will have the whole playbook at his disposal.  He will find it easier to check into a better play during the game than Brissett.  Let's face it a rusty Luck is a lot better than a healthy Brissett. 

8 hours ago, #12. said:

I didn't say we were winning the Super Bowl.  I said we would have a shot - a shot to be in playoff contention at the end.   

I didn't either, and unfortunately, I a was alluding that we do not win enough, even with Luck, to make the playoffs.

8 hours ago, George Peterson said:

I have a question.

How many of the games so far do people think Andrew Luck would have won?  Brissett is 1-2, and Tolzein is 0-1, but the only game we lost so far that a more skilled quarterback might have won, is possible Arizona.  The Rams game and the Seattle game were both defensive disasters that it would have taken an act of God for any quarterback to win.

2 maybe 3?

There's really no way to know, but it's also hard to quantify the stress a toothless offense puts on the defense, especially when they're spotting the other team 10+ points on turnovers too.

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

At least the backup Center played extremely well for the conditions.......??

(I'm trying) 

Yeah it's tough during these types of seasons.

Where one spot is solid, the next position is a disaster. Lots of holes. 

Definitely gotta watch with some lowered expectations. 

As DFree used to say 'it is what it is' this season. They'll look a ton better with one more draft and FA class. I'm sure you'll agree on that. This year is an evaluation year.

16 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Ok I posted do we have a chance to be competitive post now let's just put aside all that and just be positive as a colts fan just positive feed back is welcome ! all negative 

feed back for this is just being a TROLL! Don't be branded as a troll every one would then know you!

Stay strong, as my guitar gently weeps.

The upside this season has to be the run D and our young secondary. Hooker, Wilson, Melvin, Hairston, and Farley are all improving and grinding. If we improve the online and improve the LB pass coverage, we are closing in on being a complete team once everyone is healthy. I feel Ballard could even use Vontae for trade bait. He underperformed last season, and got torched all night by seahawks. He was by far the weakest DB last night. The LB coverage was horrendous. Use Davis to get us coverage LB or a veteran OLineman!

47 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah it's tough during these types of seasons.

Where one spot is solid, the next position is a disaster. Lots of holes. 

Definitely gotta watch with some lowered expectations. 

As DFree used to say 'it is what it is' this season. They'll look a ton better with one more draft and FA class. I'm sure you'll agree on that. This year is an evaluation year.

Yup, Ballard will turn us around....eventually :)

Malik Hooker is everything they said he is.  I'd assume he's the front runner for DROY. And You hardly notice the absence of Mcafee with Sanchez. Hairston has been a pleasant surprise. And I can't believe I'm saying this but Melvin might be better than last season. Those are the positives from last nights game.

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Hooker is a bonafide stud and the steal of the draft.  

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Malik Hooker is everything they said he is.  I'd assume he's the front runner for DROY.

Hooker has three interceptions in four games.  :rock:

And this is hopefully our worst football of the year so far.  If Luck/Kelly come back and we start building a lead on teams and force them to pass more...  :thmup:

I don't know if Hooker is going to set any records this year, but at this rate, he will.

48 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Hooker has three interceptions in four games.  :rock:

And this is hopefully our worst football of the year so far.  If Luck/Kelly come back and we start building a lead on teams and force them to pass more...  :thmup:

I don't know if Hooker is going to set any records this year, but at this rate, he will.

Dude is just what we needed and can easily turn into the leader of this team.  

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

2 maybe 3?

There's really no way to know, but it's also hard to quantify the stress a toothless offense puts on the defense, especially when they're spotting the other team 10+ points on turnovers too.

Maybe a fully healthy Luck who went through the entire training camp and preason would have won 2-3 of those games. A rusty Luck, I'm not so sure.