Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reuben Foster's rotator cuff not healed?

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2017/4/17/15332586/reuben-foster-rotator-cuff-not-healed-may-need-another-surgery

Thoughts? There is a real chance he falls to us if that's true. Do you take him at 15 with this news?

Update:

I just listened to the original source that Shane Alexander quoted - THIS IS FAKE NEWS. Extremely bad case of misquoting a source. WOW! This is horrible. Here's Alexander's tweets:

The original is from NFL Insiders podcast that can be found here(12:30):

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19179559

The ESPN personalities were very clearly giving ranges of possibilities from him being ready for training camp to one of them being the rotator cuff not getting healed and him needing another surgery. At no point did they say that this is actually the case, they were all talking in hypotheticals. That's very irresponsible sensationalizing by both Shane Alexander and the revengeofthebirds site.

Is it possible that a moderator adds an addendum to my original post with the real info? Maybe even use the scratch function to make it clear that the info in the OP is not truthful. Thanks

If true,  he's going to fall....   perhaps a lot....     and perhaps out of the first round.

It may put him out for the 2017 season.      You saw what that did to Jalen Smith and Myles Jack.     Both went in the 2nd round.

I don't see the Colts taking him at 15.       And I'm not sure he falls all the way to 46.

Lots of moving puzzle pieces in the draft......   

Ugh. Sadly, have to pass. It's tough to have a medical redshirt for a first rounder, especially with draft picks being under contract for just four years. The fifth year option is an offsetting factor, but it's very expensive for a top 16 pick. 

To be honest, at a certain point there are too many negative red flags piled up on a prospect. I feel like thats gonna be Rueben Foster for us this year. He has kind of lost that luster he had prior to all the combine stuff and all this injury stuff. Too much negative stuff going on (yes I am sure not all of it is completely true) for us to risk it at 15 when we need to come away with a plus defensive starter. 

I think it basically ensures our first round pick (if we stay at 15) is gonna be CB, Edge, or safety if one of the top two fall which they won't. And if we trade down, then Davis and Riddick become possibilities along with some OL. 

18 minutes ago, masnerj said:

To be honest, at a certain point there are too many negative red flags piled up on a prospect. I feel like thats gonna be Rueben Foster for us this year. He has kind of lost that luster he had prior to all the combine stuff and all this injury stuff. Too much negative stuff going on (yes I am sure not all of it is completely true) for us to risk it at 15 when we need to come away with a plus defensive starter. 

I think it basically ensures our first round pick (if we stay at 15) is gonna be CB, Edge, or safety if one of the top two fall which they won't. And if we trade down, then Davis and Riddick become possibilities along with some OL. 

The draft has truly become more about risk mitigation these days.  Most teams would rather take a lesser player with no issues than chance it on a guy like Foster who could potentially be great.  

Oh, and don't be shocked if we take McCaffrey if he's available.  He could easily be the BPA at 15.  

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Ugh. Sadly, have to pass. It's tough to have a medical redshirt for a first rounder, especially with draft picks being under contract for just four years. The fifth year option is an offsetting factor, but it's very expensive for a top 16 pick. 

Yep. Combine that with the questions about his ability to know the playbook and that has to push him down past our pick I think if all this is true he needs surgery. I think it's no coincidence Reddick has been meeting with teams in the top 10 now as it seems he has leap frogged Foster as the best ilb combo backer in the draft. If he was to fall all the way back to the second than that would be another story. Guy like him and Sidney Jones have too much production and talent not to consider investing a year in. Kinda sad because I really have had my heart set on a dynamic playmaking LB.

I don't know what is up with Alabama but they are just so so very hard on their players. Like they have so much wear on their tires when they get in the league.

55 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So this was #FakeNews

Foster is ahead of schedule. Should be ready by training camp.  

Just now, stitches said:

Now it seems like there are conflicting reports. I don't know if we can categorize it as fake news yet, but it's possible it was. Here's his agent:

Somebody in the 15-20 range could have conceived this type of deceptive ploy to cause him to drop, or not.  I wonder how reliable the messenger, Shane Alexander, is.

I just listened to the original source that Shane Alexander quoted - THIS IS FAKE NEWS. Extremely bad case of misquoting a source. WOW! This is horrible. Here's Alexander's tweets:

The ESPN personalities were very clearly giving ranges of possibilities from him being ready for training camp to one of them being the rotator cuff not getting healed and him needing another surgery. At no point did they say that this is actually the case, they were all talking in hypotheticals. That's very irresponsible sensationalizing by both Shane Alexander and the revengeofthebirds site.

Is it possible that a moderator adds an addendum to my original post with the real info? Maybe even use the scratch function to make it clear that the info in the OP is not truthful. Thanks

Still though, did teams get any detailed medical info on Foster? I remember there was a detailed statement from Allen's doctor about what specifically was wrong with his shoulders. I haven't heard anything in depth about Foster which is still cause for concern.

Conflicting reports on the status of his shoulder.  If he does need another surgery, I think it would make sense to try and trade down and take him at around 20.  If you can't trade down, as much as I'd hate to do it, I think you have to pass on him.  I really like Foster and I'm really hoping Indy drafts him, but if his medicals don't check out, it's a big risk to take him 15th overall.

58 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Conflicting reports on the status of his shoulder.  If he does need another surgery, I think it would make sense to try and trade down and take him at around 20.  If you can't trade down, as much as I'd hate to do it, I think you have to pass on him.  I really like Foster and I'm really hoping Indy drafts him, but if his medicals don't check out, it's a big risk to take him 15th overall.

That was a piece of fakenews that unfortunately I disseminated before checking the original source, Look at this post of mine:

If possible, can you edit my first post so people won't leave with the wrong information in case they don't read down the thread? Thanks.

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Reuben Foster's rotator cuff not healed?
3 hours ago, stitches said:

That was a piece of fakenews that unfortunately I disseminated before checking the original source, Look at this post of mine:

If possible, can you edit my first post so people won't leave with the wrong information in case they don't read down the thread? Thanks.

I added all of that post to the first post and edited the title

21 hours ago, stitches said:

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2017/4/17/15332586/reuben-foster-rotator-cuff-not-healed-may-need-another-surgery

Thoughts? There is a real chance he falls to us if that's true. Do you take him at 15 with this news?

Update:

This is just people brining fake news up to try and make players fall in the draft it happens every year.

Many people say they wouldn't draft R. Foster because of possible injury. Besides the injury, would you draft Foster? The crazy part is that Foster's talent is Top tier. The only way for the Colts to get this position/talent of need is something like this (possible injury). 

My point is, I'm sure this isn't this players first injury and pretty sure that he's played injured and through injuries in the past, and he's shown amazing football skills at the ILB position.

I'm shaking my head.  Foster likely had Rotator Cuff surgery in late Jan / early Feb.  Luck had his shoulder surgery mid Jan.  What makes people think Foster should be ahead of Luck in the rehab department?  Of course the medical re-check shows it's not healed yet. Sheesh. I still do expect both to be ready by mid to (Fosters case) July at this point.

23 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm shaking my head.  Foster likely had Rotator Cuff surgery in late Jan / early Feb.  Luck had his shoulder surgery mid Jan.  What makes people think Foster should be ahead of Luck in the rehab department?  Of course the medical re-check shows it's not healed yet. Sheesh. I still do expect both to be ready by mid to (Fosters case) July at this point.

Very good point.

One of the differences is that Foster plays LB. Luck sometimes plays QB like a LB, but he doesn't take as much contact with as much force as Foster will.

I was thinking that Foster had surgery more recently, but it makes sense that it was after the championship game. 

The red flag for me, though, was the speculation that he could require another operation. Shaq Lawson last year tried to put off shoulder surgery until after his rookie year, but had an issue prior to the season and got shut down anyway. That probably saved his draft status. I much prefer Foster's method, from the team standpoint, since he still has a chance to play this year. But that's dependent on him getting cleared for full contact at some point.

I'll recant my previous post in this thread, though, since the initial "report" about his shoulder seems to have been exaggerated. If medical says he's still on track for full recovery and there are no setbacks, I'd still take him in the first. (This is also assuming his dust-up at the Combine wasn't a significant problem. I haven't heard much about that lately.) To me, he's still the best ILB in this draft. 

38 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'll recant my previous post in this thread, though, since the initial "report" about his shoulder seems to have been exaggerated. If medical says he's still on track for full recovery and there are no setbacks, I'd still take him in the first. (This is also assuming his dust-up at the Combine wasn't a significant problem. I haven't heard much about that lately.) To me, he's still the best ILB in this draft. 

Now this? Maybe he was hiding a few things.